Rams: The next divisional threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorCal

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":13v3w9e4 said:
Also, any 49er hanging their hate on Lattimore is crazy. His knee is held together by duct tape and gum at this point. (And don't tell me about McGahee who's more exception than rule.)

What about Gore? He shredded both knees in college. Its no longer the days of old where a shredded knee was a career killer. Many guys have bounced back. See also Peterson, Charles or Mendenhall. What gives me hope about Lattimore is he will have rehabbed for a year and a half! Most RBs do not get that amount of time to rehab before trying to come back. We shall see though.

Brahn

Reaction score
NorCal":19ugc970 said:
Sarlacc83":19ugc970 said:
Also, any 49er hanging their hate on Lattimore is crazy. His knee is held together by duct tape and gum at this point. (And don't tell me about McGahee who's more exception than rule.)

What about Gore? He shredded both knees in college. Its no longer the day so of old where a shredded knee was a career killer. Many guys have bounced back. See also Peterson, Charles or Mendenhall. What gives me hope about Lattimore is he will have rehabbed for a year and a half! Most RBs do not get that amount of time to rehab before trying to come back. We shall see though.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

rigelian

Reaction score
Marvin49":1un87w2y said:
OK...

RIGHT NOW, the Seahawks have more YOUNG talent on the roster. The 49ers base of good players IS older so I can completely see Seahawks fans impression that they have a much better long term future. That could very well be correct.

They've been drafting young players at those positions for several years and still have ELEVEN picks next year. These teams aren't static. They change every year.

The problem is that the 49ers seem to whiff on teaching all this young talent how to play skill positions on offense. Highly drafted receivers and running backs do not seem to progress very much in this organization. Why does anyone expect this to change?

Marvin49

Reaction score
rigelian":103lmajs said:
Marvin49":103lmajs said:
OK...

RIGHT NOW, the Seahawks have more YOUNG talent on the roster. The 49ers base of good players IS older so I can completely see Seahawks fans impression that they have a much better long term future. That could very well be correct.

They've been drafting young players at those positions for several years and still have ELEVEN picks next year. These teams aren't static. They change every year.

The problem is that the 49ers seem to whiff on teaching all this young talent how to play skill positions on offense. Highly drafted receivers and running backs do not seem to progress very much in this organization. Why does anyone expect this to change?

Outside of AJ Jenkins, what players are you talking about?

Hunter and James have played well, but Gore is still the man. That's like saying Turbin for Michael aren't developing because they aren't playing ahead of Lynch. Most of the 49ers high draft picks have been on the other side of the ball and they haven't really invested that highly in the "offensive skill positions".

In the first round under Baalke they've taken OT Anthony Davis, OG Mike Iupati, OLB Aldon Smith, WR AJ Jenkins, and FS Eric Reid. Jenkins was a bust, but the rest were pretty damned good.

In the second round they've taken SS Taylor Mays, QB Colin Kaepernick, RB LaMichael James, DE Tank Carradine and TE Vance McDonald. Mays was horrible, Kap was a good pick even if you guys hate him, James just hasn't gotten alot of playing time (similar situation to Christine Michael...good player but 3rd on a stacked depth chart), Tank is still recovering from torn ACL last year, and McDonald was active in every game till last week and is used right now primarily as a blocker.

In the 3rd round (and I'll go no further) they've taken ILB Navorro Bowman, CB Chris Culliver, and OLB Corey Lemonier. Bowman is all-pro, Culliver likely would have started if he hadn't torn his ACL in camp, and Lemonier has looked pretty good in limited reps.

I could go on and on here, but the point is that they haven't developed anyone at those positions because outside of AJ Jenkins they really haven't drafted anyone that highly to develop. They have some lower picks (Quinton Patton, Marcus Lattimore) but those guys have simply been injured. Kendall Hunter was also a later pick and has been pretty good so far.

Jville

Reaction score
:34853_doh: Well, we are way off topic now.

Brahn

Reaction score
Marvin49":1bp8unu0 said:
rigelian":1bp8unu0 said:
Marvin49":1bp8unu0 said:
OK...

Hunter and James have played well, but Gore is still the man. That's like saying Turbin for Michael aren't developing because they aren't playing ahead of Lynch. Most of the 49ers high draft picks have been on the other side of the ball and they haven't really invested that highly in the "offensive skill positions".

In the first round under Baalke they've taken OT Anthony Davis, OG Mike Iupati, OLB Aldon Smith, WR AJ Jenkins, and FS Eric Reid. Jenkins was a bust, but the rest were pretty damned good.

In the second round they've taken SS Taylor Mays, QB Colin Kaepernick, RB LaMichael James, DE Tank Carradine and TE Vance McDonald. Mays was horrible, Kap was a good pick even if you guys hate him, James just hasn't gotten alot of playing time (similar situation to Christine Michael...good player but 3rd on a stacked depth chart), Tank is still recovering from torn ACL last year, and McDonald was active in every game till last week and is used right now primarily as a blocker.

In the 3rd round (and I'll go no further) they've taken ILB Navorro Bowman, CB Chris Culliver, and OLB Corey Lemonier. Bowman is all-pro, Culliver likely would have started if he hadn't torn his ACL in camp, and Lemonier has looked pretty good in limited reps.

I could go on and on here, but the point is that they haven't developed anyone at those positions because outside of AJ Jenkins they really haven't drafted anyone that highly to develop. They have some lower picks (Quinton Patton, Marcus Lattimore) but those guys have simply been injured. Kendall Hunter was also a later pick and has been pretty good so far.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Marvin49

Reaction score
Jville":1onch3k3 said:
:34853_doh: Well, we are way off topic now.

LOL.

I didn't bring the 49ers up. Just responding to what others have said.

As for the original posters forcast on the Rams...

...I'm not buying into it yet. I dunno who they end up with at the top of the draft. They have some really good players but they haven't shown the ability to put it together yet.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Brahn":qv75v559 said:
Marvin49":qv75v559 said:
rigelian":qv75v559 said:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Bless You.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
NorCal":299u2n8o said:
Sarlacc83":299u2n8o said:

What about Gore? He shredded both knees in college. Its no longer the days of old where a shredded knee was a career killer. Many guys have bounced back. See also Peterson, Charles or Mendenhall. What gives me hope about Lattimore is he will have rehabbed for a year and a half! Most RBs do not get that amount of time to rehab before trying to come back. We shall see though.

More power to him if he gets better, but I wouldn't hope against hope. That last injury was awful.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3e9a4xze said:
NorCal":3e9a4xze said:
Sarlacc83":3e9a4xze said:

More power to him if he gets better, but I wouldn't hope against hope. That last injury was awful.

Personally I'm not COUNTING on anything from Lattimore, but I am hopeful. I actually think he'll make it all the way back...but I'm concerned that his running style just makes him more susceptible to leg injuries. We'll just have to see.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":1kq22efm said:
Lattimore runs upright, so probably he is more susceptible to leg injuries.

Kendall Hunter can be counted on as a three-down back anyway.

Why am I talking about the Niners with a dude that quit the board two months ago? I don't know. It's Bizarro-thread here.

:D

Throwdown

Reaction score
Ninerg":2ko7wmmv said:
HawkWow":2ko7wmmv said:
Lets start with QB.

Russell Wilson haven't proven anything yet. He still trying to go where Kap's already been, the SB.

Russell Wilson has already reached his peak. Kap has way more upside.

LOL you're not serious, right?

Guys he can't be serious, can he?

Brahn

Reaction score
Throwdown":1endrr8v said:
Ninerg":1endrr8v said:
HawkWow":1endrr8v said:
Lets start with QB.

Russell Wilson haven't proven anything yet. He still trying to go where Kap's already been, the SB.

Ya, and he isn't the only one.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=82923
My response to the guy who claimed Wilson was comparable to Alex Smith.

I disagree, we'd be hard pressed to find a QB more statistically similar to Colin Kaepernick than Alex Smith this year. Smith has peaked and Kaepernick isn't the better player, but statistically, really shockingly similar:

Smith has 3544 yards passing/rushing, 25 TDs and 8 turnovers (ints and fumbles) 60.8% PCT 6.58 YPC 11 WINS
Kaepernick has 3,136 yards passing/rushing, 21 TDs and 9 turnovers (ints and fumbles) 57.9% PCT 7.45 YPC 10 WINS

Russel separates himself because these are key stats you left out that really really matter.

Russel 8.6 YPC 64.7% PCT 12 WINS
Smith 6.58 YPC 60.8% PCT 11 WINS
Kaepernick 7.45 YPC 57.9% PCT 10 WINS

Russel flat out just does more with each opportunity then these two QBs.

You only get 100 throws what QB would you take?

Who would you take second?

Popeyejones

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":pex5uc3z said:
I'm not mad, just being sarcastic. :) I just felt like pulling a "webzone" this morning.

Anytime someone brings up the Seahawks over there, everyone shits themselves, 49er fans make threats, the moderators throw a tantum and delete the thread and start banning everyone.

We should do that here!

Or not.

:D Fair enough.

FWIW though threads @ the Webzone don't get deleted and locked, they just get constantly redirected into the big threads. When they are deleted or locked it's usually because they're stupid and not everyone worth moving into the big thread.

This board has Hawks fans posting multiple active 9ers threads in this forum every week, whereas the webzone just has one gigantic "all things seahawks" thread that every single seahawks related thing since November of last year has gone into. It's just two different ways to handle board moderation.

(and FWIW FWIW, one of the things I don't like about the Zone is this style of moderation; I prefer a new, individual thread about Bruce Miller's hand than having to go through the hulking "All Things Bruce Miller" thread to figure out where the conversation about this new news starts).

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Popeyejones":17tgkj6y said:
The_Z_Man":17tgkj6y said:
I'm not mad, just being sarcastic. :) I just felt like pulling a "webzone" this morning.

Anytime someone brings up the Seahawks over there, everyone shits themselves, 49er fans make threats, the moderators throw a tantum and delete the thread and start banning everyone.

We should do that here!

Or not.

:D Fair enough.

FWIW though threads @ the Webzone don't get deleted and locked, they just get constantly redirected into the big threads. When they are deleted or locked it's usually because they're stupid and not everyone worth moving into the big thread.

This board has Hawks fans posting multiple active 9ers threads in this forum every week, whereas the webzone just has one gigantic "all things seahawks" thread that every single seahawks related thing since November of last year has gone into. It's just two different ways to handle board moderation.

(and FWIW FWIW, one of the things I don't like about the Zone is this style of moderation; I prefer a new, individual thread about Bruce Miller's hand than having to go through the hulking "All Things Bruce Miller" thread to figure out where the conversation about this new news starts).

It has it's positives and negatives. But still, AHHH-OOOO!!! :D

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^^^^ :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brahn":edh8nzgz said:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=82923

"The guy" is me. Is it really necessary to cut and paste your own posts across threads?

In any case, re: Wilson being comparable to Smith, before and after saying they were statistically so this year (and they are), I twice made it clear that I obviously believe that Wilson is the superior chip and superior player, just to make sure there was no confusion. Somehow, maybe you're confused.

As for you bringing Kaepernick into the discussion, I think the proper term is "AHHHHHHHHHHH-OOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Do I have that right?

(edit: also, Marvin and I both post big walls of text. Why not just take the first line to "Ahhh-ooooo" and save everyone the scrolling? Don't mean this in a nitpicky or hostile way).

chris98251

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3e5ssast said:
^^^^^^ :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brahn":3e5ssast said:

http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=82923

"The guy" is me. Is it really necessary to cut and paste your own posts across threads?

In any case, re: Wilson being comparable to Smith, before and after saying they were statistically so this year (and they are), I twice made it clear that I obviously believe that Wilson is the superior chip and superior player, just to make sure there was no confusion. Somehow, maybe you're confused.

As for you bringing Kaepernick into the discussion, I think the proper term is "AHHHHHHHHHHH-OOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Do I have that right?

You should probably retake the Fan course, you were short a few O's and a couple H's

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Throwdown":255e1m3e said:
Ninerg":255e1m3e said:
HawkWow":255e1m3e said:
Lets start with QB.

Well, he's seriously trolling you guys, so at least there's that? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.