Replacing jimmy graham.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Luke did a pretty solid job as the starter last season. He's no world beater but he isn't horrible either. I doubt we can find a FA who is better than him at this point in the year.

TwilightError

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":398kj492 said:
Glasgow Seahawk":398kj492 said:
Would Zach Miller be game ready if we picked him up off the street? It's been well over a year I think sine his injuries. Or is he completely retired?

I'm guessing they move Helfet up the depth chart. They did play Kellen Davis in 2013 at points and I remember him scoring a TD, is he still at the Jets?

I'd rather Helfet than Anthony McCoy.

Last I checked McCoy is on the Redskins. I think it's very telling that Zach couldn't pass a physical this year.

Zach Miller just signed with the Panthers a few days ago.

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
The offense was too predictable with Graham and he didn't offer much as a blocker in the running game, which is needed in December and in cold weather. On the surface, he was a matchup night mare, but I believe if you ran the exact same plays you would get the same catches from another TE, but you would not get much YAC....YAC is what separates Graham and Gronkowski (also injured last night) from the rest of the TE's.

I would look for a younger TE that has been here before and Rashaun Allen makes the most sense.....on the speed aspect, Anthony McCoy offers the most athleticism and most likely player than can mimic Graham in this offense, but drops every other pass.

UGotHawked

Reaction score
Rob12":3ckql7h3 said:
Re: Chris Matthews, the dude can't play. I was on that bandwagon after the SB, and thought that he would be the second coming of Megatron. But he just can't play in this league consistently. Many NFL teams are razor thin at the WR position, and to be picked up by the Ravens, a team that is starving at the position, and not even be placed on the active roster is telling. That WR corps has been ravished by injuries, and yet Matthews is on their Practice Squad.

Thank you!

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Rob12":105qorcq said:
And for the thread, the answer is Luke Willson. He's obviously been in the shadows this season but he is more than capable.

Willson's hands aren't anywhere near as reliable as Graham's.

TwilightError

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2xleo552 said:
Rob12":2xleo552 said:
And for the thread, the answer is Luke Willson. He's obviously been in the shadows this season but he is more than capable.

Not are anyone elses hands. But Willson is as solid as we can get.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
If we want another UM Basketball guy there is Erik Swoope on the Colts PS.

cHawkPhan

Reaction score
Not to many receivers in the league have hands and a catch radius as Graham, let alone TE's, but we do have a better tight end on the team already. Ya, I said it.

A TE is a hybrid position that requires a player to be able to block. Graham was a horrible blocker. I've seen him totally whiff on blocks, hesitate to take on LBs, and half ass it when he is not the primary receiver on routes. I expect Luke Willson to step right in. He's experienced in our system, has been in our system for the last two super bowl runs, was the starter before Graham was brought in, ...and can block!!! (at least better than Graham) With all the new offense that was put in to feature the TE more, I expect Willson to put up some good number the rest of the season. The other receivers will not feel like the QB is only looking for his new toy, and the offense should open up...maybe start looking more like last year's offense.

Oh wait, didn't that happen last night...after the injury :?

(and if McCoy was actually released by the skins, I'd bet we grab him back up...he knows the system already and could play immediately if healthy)

Basis4day

Reaction score
TwilightError":2zr8vnmz said:
seahawkfreak":2zr8vnmz said:
Glasgow Seahawk":2zr8vnmz said:
Would Zach Miller be game ready if we picked him up off the street? It's been well over a year I think sine his injuries. Or is he completely retired?

I'm guessing they move Helfet up the depth chart. They did play Kellen Davis in 2013 at points and I remember him scoring a TD, is he still at the Jets?

I'd rather Helfet than Anthony McCoy.

Last I checked McCoy is on the Redskins. I think it's very telling that Zach couldn't pass a physical this year.

Zach Miller just signed with the Panthers a few days ago.

Where are you seeing that?

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/671465847685156866[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Softykjr/status/671465754932416512[/tweet]

McGruff

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3hmnr3ps said:
Rob12":3hmnr3ps said:

Luke is the answer as a starter, but we need depth behind him.

Incidentally, I have not been impressed by Graham's hands at all this seen. Too many easy drops and even more bobbled receptions.

Jville

Reaction score
Luke will be the #1 tight end. However after having witnessed the results and exits of Mathews and now Graham, I think more is required to facilitate useful red zone solutions than just moving on to the next tall/leaping receiver.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Rob12":1cm4tk73 said:
Posted this in another thread, and thought it belonged here as well.

In the perspective of the NFL, this is a tragedy.

I think his time with the Seahawks could be over. The Seahawks do not owe Graham any guaranteed money after this season. He still has guaranteed money in his contract, but New Orleans is on the hook for that. For the Seahawks, a team that will be up against the cap a bit, it might not make sense to pay a recovering Graham next season. This is a brutal injury, and if he were to make it back to full strength, he would be the first. It wrecked Ryan Williams' career. He was a promising back for the Cardinals who had the same injury during his rookie year, and is now on the Cowboys' Practice Squad. He said the injury is devastating, and he wouldn't wish it on his worst enemy. Victor Cruz is another one that will likely never be the same player, but rather a shell of his former self.

It's devastating. Absolutely devastating. And quite frankly, it puts his career in serious jeopardy. I hate saying this, and I hate being a downer, but I think he's very likely done as a member of the Seattle Seahawks. I hope I am wrong and that he can set a new precedent with this type of injury. I really do.

This has been an insanely tough season. It is heart breaking to me that we never got to see the RW/Beast/JG trio at full strength. And just like that, it appears it was never to be.

Get well, Jimmy.

Ya I would be shocked if we didnt cut him TBH. We owe him nothing and that extra 9 million is very tempting for next year IMO

From everything i have read this is a career altering if not career ending injury. Unless he is a unique case he will never be the same again.