Report: Hawks have inquired about LT Duane Brown

mikeak

Reaction score
massari":3qv67jdq said:
Sgt. Largent":3qv67jdq said:
Graham is doubtful, because he's a UFA. So why would Houston trade an asset like Brown knowing Graham is gone at the end of the year, or at the least forcing you to use your franchise tag to keep him, and would you want to keep him?
If they can't end up re-signing Graham, they'd likely get a 3rd round comp pick out of it to go along with having Graham the rest of this season. But the Seahawks could offer Graham+3rd, so two 3rd rounders+extra cap room if Graham ends up leaving. Not bad for a 32 year old holding out.

This is confusing to me

Is this about Duane at all? He is the one holding out - he has 2 years left on his contract so he is NOT a FA next year

Yeah we should get comp pick for Graham, yeah we should get it for Sheldon but there won't be one for Duane

A-Dog

Reaction score
You guys aren't listening.

We don't have to trade Richardson or Graham for Brown.

We can re-structure contracts (converting salaries in to bonuses) to get it done. It's not that hard.

xgeoff

Reaction score
I would trade Jimmy for him, and cut Odhiambo. I don't care if Odhiambo offered to play for free, he's worse than useless.

Atradees

Reaction score
Could somebody make a Tom Cable Follies video? Highlights like Ifedi blocking from behind, jumping up in the air while blocking, lineman walking around before whistle is blown, carpenter tackling a guy because he was confused....

LT. Let's get one.

SeahawksEast

Reaction score
xgeoff":11uieqfo said:
I would trade Jimmy for him, and cut Odhiambo. I don't care if Odhiambo offered to play for free, he's worse than useless.

It's Odhi-OH-NO! Before you can finish his name your QB is getting hit.

netskier

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":27n65igr said:
But not to a team we play next home game.

It will be fun, albeit bittersweet, to watch Jimmy go off against Houston. He will be motivated to show his potential new team what he can do, and his new team will be careful not to hurt their next superstar just before they trade for him, so they will be told to not attack his knees, and so won't, unless they forget in the heat of the battle.

It drives me crazy that we did not use him intelligently, but instead forced him to be an inline blocker when he is a great receiver.

Consider him out wide playing wide receiver, with Luke Willson and Vanett playing double tight ends. Let Jimmy do downfield and block defensive backs, run through them, and catch balls above their heads.

He will be lethal in Houston as someone else already said.

netskier

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":22ttwx1c said:
Jimmy is the obvious player to move to make a trade for Brown happen. Trading Jimmy frees up the necessary cap space, and you are getting value out of player now hat you are virtually certain to lose in free agency in the offseason. It would be a fantastic trade for the Hawks.

It is almost a sure thing after the Houston game because it is win-win for both.

We get their LT who is sitting out, and they get our potential superstar wide receiver who Bevell is holding out of production, and thus is thus de facto sitting out, through no fault of his.

It won't happen before the Houston game because then Graham could exact revenge on us thinking "I'll show you guys.".

randomation

Reaction score
Trade Bennett or Lane or both do not touch Richardson or Jimmy. I love Bennett but he is getting older and we have enough other players who jump offsides.

Seymour

Reaction score
netskier":3gmvudof said:
Missing_Clink":3gmvudof said:
Jimmy is the obvious player to move to make a trade for Brown happen. Trading Jimmy frees up the necessary cap space, and you are getting value out of player now hat you are virtually certain to lose in free agency in the offseason. It would be a fantastic trade for the Hawks.

It is almost a sure thing after the Houston game because it is win-win for both.

We get their LT who is sitting out, and they get our potential superstar wide receiver who Bevell is holding out of production, and thus is thus de facto sitting out, through no fault of his.

It won't happen before the Houston game because then Graham could exact revenge on us thinking "I'll show you guys.".

Hmmm. Forgot we played them. The trade deadline is just 2 days after that game. and on top of that, as I posted above, if he doesn't play by week 8 (oddly enough our game with Houston is that week), then he loses credit for playing this year and loses 1 year towards his free agency rights. He sure doesn't want that to happen, so IMO if it doesn't happen before, it is unlikely it will happen.

A-Dog

Reaction score
gotta think Houston is out of contention, being 2-3 and losing two of their best defensive players for the season. Sure, having Brown could help with the development of their young QB, but they're going to want some draft picks to re-stock their defense.

We can make the cap work. It's a matter of if they can satisfy Houston's price tag and get Brown to sign an extension.

Seafan

Reaction score
Houston is in serious contention. They are a strong team.

Re-working the contract is the part about getting the contract under the cap.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Didn't Bill O'Brien help develop Gronk and Hernandez? If I am Jimmy Graham, I am begging for this trade to happen. It would give me a chance to be relevant again.

Latest posts