Rio Olympics 2016

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
chris98251":3aje6a3w said:
253hawk":3aje6a3w said:
chet380":3aje6a3w said:
Too bad NBC is tape-delaying everything even though there is only a one hour time difference from the East Coast.

The CBC carries everything live (if yr cable co. includes it)

It's mind-numbingly stupid. I have Comcast internet, but can't watch live streaming online because I don't have their TV service. I have Dish for TV, but it's delayed so badly that I have to go to bed pretty much when the 'prime' events are replayed for us. Fell asleep just before 11 last night and the women's 4x200 relay still hadn't been shown.

So I VPN and use CBC's website. Live everything, I don't need to be a subscriber of anything, and I can watch whatever event I want. BBC is the same way. America is the worst at broadcasting. It's embarrassing.

Blame the Execs trying to squeeze prime time rating and advertising, a little National Pride would go a long ways, too bad they and the other 1 percent that control the Networks have no National Pride, just International Greed.

Didn't always used to be this way, they used to show it live and then have a tape replay or a highlights reel of events that we were doing condensed.
Facebook-thumbs.up.jpg

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Personally I love that they tape delay stuff. Watch the prime time events every night knowing ill get the good stuff without having to search schedules and make sure I can watch at random times.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Michelle Tafoya looks like she has a bad hair day today. Of Course it is with the swimming. So I give it a pass. :twisted:

253hawk

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":1uqoin5d said:
Michelle Tafoya looks like she has a bad hair day today. Of Course it is with the swimming. So I give it a pass. :twisted:

She's just having Russ withdrawals.

B3gP1nxIgAIBPUY

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Simone Manuel just made sure the USA will dominate swimming for the next 40 years. Just like Biles and Riesman have done for Women's gymnastics.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Largent80":2cd8xeic said:
These games have been great so far without without all the gloom and doom predicted in the original post.

Oh it's still a @#$@@ show. A media bus was opened fire on a day or two ago. They had to close the diving pool down because it turned green and quote from one of the competitors "smelled like a fart"

Athletes have been beaten and robbed.

But the competitions have been awesome, and NBC doesn't focus on the bad stuff. Im more concerned after the closing ceremonies when everyone thats been infected by Zika jumps on a plan and flies home....

Largent80

Reaction score
Living in fear and paranoia is usually what the media outlets are trying to sell you if you are willing to buy it.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
usa womens soccer team ousted in an upset...wonder what hope solos blood alcohol content was today....

A

Anonymous

The body count and injury tally looks gnarly.

That video of the French Gymnast on the vault is about 10 times the Joe Theismann leg-break. Too graphic to post.

Then there's the weight-lifter arm break...

CPHawk

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2u3iomj9 said:
usa womens soccer team ousted in an upset...wonder what hope solos blood alcohol content was today....

She looked horrible the entire Olympics, she should be booted from the team.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I havnt done the math to confirm this but I read on a different message board that through Friday if the PAC 12 was a country it would be leading the medal count. I know Katie Ledecky and a bunch of the swimmers are either current or PAC 12 athletes.

mrt144

Reaction score
What makes Ledecky so much better than her peers? She's amazing!

Largent80

Reaction score
The U.S. mens volleyball games have been outstanding (well, the last 2 games)...They play again Monday morning and are really coming on, now at 2-2.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Ryan Lochte just said he was robbed at gun-point last night by thieves in police uniforms.

The IOC has been saying that Lochte was not mugged but Lochte's mom says otherwise.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
sammyc521":1nq2bbtx said:
Ryan Lochte just said he was robbed at gun-point last night by thieves in police uniforms.

The IOC has been saying that Lochte was not mugged but Lochte's mom says otherwise.

In 2016, I'm sorry, buttttt....

I'm gonna need video proof before I believe that lil attention whore ass MF.

Just being honest.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
HoustonHawk82":1puib8ek said:
The body count and injury tally looks gnarly.

That video of the French Gymnast on the vault is about 10 times the Joe Theismann leg-break. Too graphic to post.

Then there's the weight-lifter arm break...

Say word? Damn! Now I HAVE TO Google it...KNOWING I will regret it :shock:

gowazzu02

Reaction score
hgwellz12":676whg3y said:
sammyc521":676whg3y said:

In 2016, I'm sorry, buttttt....

I'm gonna need video proof before I believe that lil attention whore ass MF.

Just being honest.

Apparently there were 3 other American swimmers with him