SAM BRADFORD DOWN. UPDATE: ACL Torn, out for the season.

RedAlice

Reaction score
The only positive from these injuries is that Bradford might be out for the season now. That is the absolute best thing that could possibly happen for the Rams, imo. Get this sickening experiment over now without wasting another season.

What actually matters are the rest of them. Losing Tru Johnson, even for a few games is huge. Our secondary already sucks and we need him.

Possibly losing Saffold also sucks as we need him for our run game and our O-line is not deep.

Langford, though not great, is also needed, and if Brockers were also hurt....dang. Happy to see he walked off of his own accord.

Glad I was not home to watch this game.

At least MSam got some good press.

OP
OP
Cartire

Cartire

Reaction score
RedAlice":10f8vvor said:
The only positive from these injuries is that Bradford might be out for the season now. That is the absolute best thing that could possibly happen for the Rams, imo. Get this sickening experiment over now without wasting another season.

What actually matters are the rest of them. Losing Tru Johnson, even for a few games is huge. Our secondary already sucks and we need him.

Possibly losing Saffold also sucks as we need him for our run game and our O-line is not deep.

Langford, though not great, is also needed, and if Brockers were also hurt....dang. Happy to see he walked off of his own accord.

Hey, and I want you to know Alice, I dont wish ill will towards your players. But at this point, Bradford has made this comical.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Cartire":3mfqqliq said:
Hey, and I want you to know Alice, I dont wish ill will towards your players. But at this point, Bradford has made this comical.
No kidding; I can't believe he's still around and "starting" in St. Louis. Maybe this injury will be the magic bullet that gets rid of him. Not that I hoped for it for the Rams or any crap like that, but dear Lord, the dude has had 467 chances.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
What happened? Really, I don't have NFLN is he done AGAIN!?!

@Red Alice, if I were a guy I'd do anything to do you.Seriously you're cool peeps in my book and makes me less outnumbered. But like you I have never liked Bradford not even at Oklahoma. This is the Ram's wakeup call but given their history they'll "Coug it".

OP
OP
Cartire

Cartire

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":gx756e1c said:

Jazzhawk posted a vine up top. The hit looks pathetic and I dont even see how Bradford got hurt from it. But he was down for a minute.

I will say, he walked off on his own power. But that was a major limp.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1vnjx9da said:
I don't know, I just heard he was injured. I'm kind of drunk from Seattle International Beer Festival, *hiccup* just got home. (Bus, I don't drink & drive.)

RedAlice

Reaction score
Cartire":edo1z3cv said:

No worries Cartire.

Here is my facebook post as I was getting the texts on the train on my way home tonight (I missed the game):

Can the Rams please get a real QB? This is beyond stupid now.

It is beyond stupid. I wish no serious ill health to Bradford. I will not be bothered if a temporary injury takes him out so Rams can finally face the fact that we do not have a QB.

They are building a great team otherwise, and this is getting beyond comical. The bad kind. Not the funny kind.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Cartire":22lw7jjh said:
MizzouHawkGal":22lw7jjh said:

Jazzhawk posted a vine up top. The hit looks pathetic and I dont even see how Bradford got hurt from it. But he was down for a minute.

I will say, he walked off on his own power. But that was a major limp.

I think the concern is that it is the same knee that was already injured. They are saying - hyperextension. I have no idea what that is.

Britt is saying that B told him he is fine. So, likely this is all just much ado about nothing and here we go again until like week 3 when he really gets hurt. The team collapses v Dallas.

kearly

Reaction score
I think Bradford is a great example of how pre-draft hype can really affect your NFL career. Bradford was drafted higher and paid much more than Christian Ponder. Since then they've posted eerily similar career numbers while having similar struggles with the long ball. Yet, Ponder never really had a chance in Minnesota because he was seen as such a colossal reach on draft day, he could never shake that. Bradford was a (at the time) deserving #1 overall pick and it's the only reason he's still a starting NFL QB.

In a way, the knee injury to Bradford is the best thing that happened to the Rams in 2013. Snead was oh so close to inking Bradford to an extension, and since his current deal takes him through 2015, an extension would mean another half decade or more of Bradford. Then right before they closed a deal, the knee injury hit, and the Rams switched to "wait and see" mode.

Imagine how scary the Rams would be had they beaten Minny to the punch hiring Norv Turner and moving back into the 1st round to get Teddy Bridgewater.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
kearly":2a55ivs0 said:
I think Bradford is a great example of how pre-draft hype can really affect your NFL career. Bradford was drafted higher and paid much more than Christian Ponder. Since then they've posted eerily similar career numbers while having similar struggles with the long ball. Yet, Ponder never really had a chance in Minnesota because he was seen as such a colossal reach on draft day, he could never shake that. Bradford was a (at the time) deserving #1 overall pick and it's the only reason he's still a starting NFL QB.

In a way, the knee injury to Bradford is the best thing that happened to the Rams in 2013. Snead was oh so close to inking Bradford to an extension, and since his current deal takes him through 2015, an extension would mean another half decade or more of Bradford. Then right before they closed a deal, the knee injury hit, and the Rams switched to "wait and see" mode.

Imagine how scary the Rams would be had they beaten Minny to the punch hiring Norv Turner and moving back into the 1st round to get Teddy Bridgewater.
Woulda, coulda, shoulda... Kearly it's not about what if it's about what is.

OP
OP
Cartire

Cartire

Reaction score
kearly":2b31f4la said:

Everything you said was correct EXCEPT

Norv Turner. And you wont be able to convince me otherwise.

RedAlice

Reaction score
GeekHawk":3j0tfxw4 said:
I'm bummed about the Bradford injury. This might lead to the Lambs getting a better QB, which is not good for my Seahawks.

Kearly wrote a lot of stuff I need to read.

This small post: exactly. Let's get this started now, rather than later.

I think playing with Hill all season is just fine.

Sherman4Prez

Reaction score
RedAlice":3njzg2bj said:

Bradford was playing well, to his credit. The 3rd and 25 connection was impressive. I doubt the knee holds up, though. That wasn't even a real hit.

chris98251

Reaction score
Pryor should be available here in a few days I am thinking, or maybe Barkley, and I bet the 49ers would even send you money and Gabbert if you let the fans make the decision :)

kearly

Reaction score
Cartire":30nklfll said:
Everything you said was correct EXCEPT

Norv Turner. And you wont be able to convince me otherwise.

I meant hire Turner as OC like Minny did.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Sherman4Prez":2o9f0ygs said:
RedAlice":2o9f0ygs said:

Bradford was playing well, to his credit. The 3rd and 25 connection was impressive. I doubt the knee holds up, though. That wasn't even a real hit.

Bradford is ALWAYS "playing fine" to someone's credit. Has become an annoying excuse after excuse for four "um not the shack so #####" years.

Done with that.