SAM BRADFORD DOWN. UPDATE: ACL Torn, out for the season.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
I must be the only here that doesn't think Bradford is garbage. Dude was playing well tell he blew out his knee last year. Looked to me like he had arrived.

If he stays healthy I think he will have a productive season.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":w9qmg7gf said:
I must be the only here that doesn't think Bradford is garbage. Dude was playing well tell he blew out his knee last year. Looked to me like he had arrived.

No, many agree with you and it's a fair evaluation.

But as a fan of the team and four previous years of maybe - hard not to feel like here we go again. It's not like we just got him and are hoping for something. It's been years of this.

Years.

TXHawk

Reaction score
I'm glad he's apparently okay but seeing his knee buckle like that after a relatively mild hit has to be concerning to the Rams. Whether you think Bradford is good or not he is definitely their best hope at that position. If he goes down I think they're battling to reach .500 in this division.

RedAlice

Reaction score
TXHawk":3svwnuf1 said:
I'm glad he's apparently okay but seeing his knee buckle like that after a relatively mild hit has to be concerning to the Rams. Whether you think Bradford is good or not he is definitely their best hope at that position. If he goes down I think they're battling to reach .500 in this division.

This year, yes.

But Rams have been under or "battling" as you put it .500 since 2003. Yes, 2003.

That is more than a decade, and Bradford has been at the helm for 4 of those years, injured 3 of them already.

This is NOT a new story. And it is certainly NOT the first time it's been said, well, he is the best option if healthy.

Your entire post could be from 2012 or 2011 or whatever year.

OP
OP
Cartire

Cartire

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2u0fyhfi said:

This seems to be the exact opposite position you have with Okung. And yet, injury history wise, hes doing better then Bradford.

Yet, you seem positive for Bradford, while ready to dismiss Okung.

dcbshowstopper

Reaction score
RedAlice":mm45kynm said:
TXHawk":mm45kynm said:

This year, yes.

But Rams have been under or "battling" as you put it .500 since 2003. Yes, 2003.

That is more than a decade, and Bradford has been at the helm for 4 of those years, injured 3 of them already.

This is NOT a new story. And it is certainly NOT the first time it's been said, well, he is the best option if healthy.

Your entire post could be from 2012 or 2011 or whatever year.

Actually, Bradford has not been injured 3 of the 4 years. He had completely healthy seasons his rookie year and in 2012. As a Rams fan myself, the last 10 years has been frustrating but I'm not even about to begin to put it all on Bradford. We all get that he will not be a top 5 qb, but he is not a bad qb by any means. He was playing well last season before the injury and he has played well thus far this preseason.

Sherman4Prez

Reaction score
Cartire":35iwsjhr said:
Tech Worlds":35iwsjhr said:

This seems to be the exact opposite position you have with Okung. And yet, injury history wise, hes doing better then Bradford.

Okung has left a lot to be desired, man. Of course I'm not ready to dismiss him, but he needs to step it up. Bradford needs to stay healthy. I guess they are in the same boat, in a way.

Rams are not nearly as scary without Bradford otherwise this wouldn't be a big deal. That pretty much says everything...

OP
OP
Cartire

Cartire

Reaction score
Sherman4Prez":3j3ayvhr said:
Cartire":3j3ayvhr said:
Tech Worlds":3j3ayvhr said:

Okung has left a lot to be desired, man. Of course I'm not ready to dismiss him, but he needs to step it up. Bradford needs to stay healthy. I guess they are in the same boat, in a way.

Rams are not nearly as scary without Bradford otherwise this wouldn't be a big deal. That pretty much says everything...

Kearly already wrote the stats. But the Rams do no worse without Bradford as they do with him. Even Kellen Clemons looked pretty good and won some games against good teams last year.

Barakas

Reaction score
Just heard on kjr 950 that the Rams have called a 3:30pm press conference. Speculation is that a second check on the knee did find the ACL is torn. Bradford May very well be done

Sherman4Prez

Reaction score
Cartire":1z543bq2 said:
Sherman4Prez":1z543bq2 said:
Cartire":1z543bq2 said:
Tech Worlds":1z543bq2 said:

Kearly already wrote the stats. But the Rams do no worse without Bradford as they do with him. Even Kellen Clemons looked pretty good and won some games against good teams last year.

Yep, was a yard away from beating the Seahawks... I think that was him.

New reports coming in from here and there, Rams are letting off a bad vibe. I think Sam's hurt... like really hurt. Initial reports were optimistic, now the real tests have been done, and now they're turning south.

Fisher addresses the media at 5:30

Shaun Hill the starter? That bolds well for the Seahawks.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Welp...

Via Rotoworld

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Rams have "real concern" Sam Bradford re-tore his left ACL in Saturday's preseason game.
Initial tests suggested the ligament was intact, but there is now "real concern that it is not," Schefter reports. Schefter and colleague Chris Mortensen are tight with Jeff Fisher, so we'd take anything they say about the Rams quite seriously. If Bradford is indeed lost for the year, the Rams would turn to Shaun Hill as their starting quarterback and continue to ride the run game.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
An ACL tear would represent a major blow for the Rams, who would be required to pay Bradford another $14.015 million in 2014. Including this year’s wages, Bradford will have made more than $65 million since entering the league as the first overall pick in the 2010 draft. And it will leave Bradford under contract for one more year, at a base salary of $12.985 million.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -tore-acl/

@corryjoel: @IanKenyonNFL The Rams would save $12.985M by cutting Sam Bradford in '15. There would be $3.595M of dead money ($16.58M cap number).

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":2yxdl1rt said:
An ACL tear would represent a major blow for the Rams, who would be required to pay Bradford another $14.015 million in 2014. Including this year’s wages, Bradford will have made more than $65 million since entering the league as the first overall pick in the 2010 draft. And it will leave Bradford under contract for one more year, at a base salary of $12.985 million.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -tore-acl/

@corryjoel: @IanKenyonNFL The Rams would save $12.985M by cutting Sam Bradford in '15. There would be $3.595M of dead money ($16.58M cap number).
That might be bad news for the Rams this year, but good news for them next year if they can cut him (salarycap wise)

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
They don't have much room left to make a move this year, either:

@corryjoel: The Rams ability to trade for a QB if Sam Bradford is out will be impacted by a lack of cap space (last in the NFL with $1.678M).

Marvin49

Reaction score
Torn ACL according to Chris Mortenson. Not a fan, but I feel bad for the kid.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Its official Bradford is done

[tweet]https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/503627888730841088[/tweet]

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":3kmlt306 said:
They don't have much room left to make a move this year, either:

@corryjoel: The Rams ability to trade for a QB if Sam Bradford is out will be impacted by a lack of cap space (last in the NFL with $1.678M).

They could trade for Christian Ponder

Sherman4Prez

Reaction score
So the starter is now Shaun Hill. All I know is he's said to be better than Clemens, he has 16 games to prove it. I don't see an extension for Bradford, at least not a big one.