SAM BRADFORD DOWN. UPDATE: ACL Torn, out for the season.

kearly

Reaction score
Bradford was already a replacement level QB. You might as well call replacement level the "Bradford line." Losing him for Shaun Hill will only barely hurt the Rams this season, and help them immensely in the long term when they draft a franchise QB in 2015. Snead has finally been bitch slapped by reality.

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1vyca2l6 said:
hawkstrap":1vyca2l6 said:
You guys think Mariota will be a good NFL QB fer reals?
On the Eagles, yeah. Or Phins. But STL? Nope.

Jameis Winston could be a possibility for them. I wonder if they will have the sense to draft him.

Nah, they'll probably pass on him to draft another tackle or pass rusher. Can't fight the board.

rastahawk

Reaction score
Hmmm I kinda think both T Jack and T Pryor are both better than Shaun Hill. I would be more scared of the Rams with Pryor than Hill. But that's none of my business.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":19cka37t said:
Hill is not a bad QB, and not really a step down from Bradford.

I agree...

...and think that's more a commentary about Bradford than Hill.

CPHawk

Reaction score
hawkstrap":1mr0o6w6 said:

Kaeps skills with Wilson's personality and work ethic. He learned the Oregon O in two weeks, and in HS he got a new coach his sr year, and learned the playbook so fast, his coach had to expand his playbook. I don't think he will have a hard time in any O.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Rumor has it they want to clear space to trade for Mark Sanchez. I actually think he would be an upgrade over Bradford. Sanchez has looked very good this preseason.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Sherman4Prez":2ee7dpxq said:
Smelly McUgly":2ee7dpxq said:
They'll be just as good starting Shaun Hill.

I didn't watch anything to make that assumption. Rest assured, Seahawks benefit from this.

Absolutely. A healthy Bradford would be the 2nd best QB in the best division in football.

A few Mariota doubters in here. Unsure what some are thinking, but we will all (ultimately) be glad Mariota won't be a Ram. Not unless someone else wants to gift them with more picks. Their D alone will have them drafting no lower than mid rd. and it will require the number 1 overall to get them Mariota.

But they will get Hundley.. Deja vu for Fisher.

Sorry for Sam Bradford. Talented, good human.

kigenzun

Reaction score
Tough break for Bradford, but seriously, the Rams front office nerds have only themselves to blame.
Perhaps Aaron Donald can play Quarterback…

(I, for one, am glad Johnny Football is not running around in a Rams jersey; opposite Russell Wilson for the next 4 years.)

Hey! Maybe they can lose enough to get Mariota...
I doubt it.

5-11 city.
:1:

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
CPHawk":p3aqe9vt said:
hawkstrap":p3aqe9vt said:

Kaeps skills with Wilson's personality and work ethic. He learned the Oregon O in two weeks, and in HS he got a new coach his sr year, and learned the playbook so fast, his coach had to expand his playbook. I don't think he will have a hard time in any O.
Bodes well for Marcus for sure......a good starting point if you will. However, with a QB it always depends on how well a guy reads defenses and makes correct decisions on where and when to throw the ball. That's why a guy like Russell Wilson or Joe Montana succeed after being drafted in round 3 and other guys drafted in round 1 fail. Teams have a hard time ascertaining those abilities based on what they see in the college game.

Sorry to see the news on Bradford. Never want to see injuries to any player. Lambs are hurtin' now IMO.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Happy":14dfl62p said:
Sherman4Prez":14dfl62p said:
Will it surprise anyone if Hill does better than Bradford? I feel like I've seen this before...

yea actually it would surprise me. He's a 34 year old backup. In baseball terms he's a middle reliever. He'll be ok for a couple of starts but an entire season? highly unlikely.

It wouldn't surprise me. It would surprise me if Hill plays lights out and puts the team on his back on several occasions.

But just being better than Bradford? That's not really a tall hurdle to get over. I don't think this injury really does anything to the Rams' chances this season.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
hawknation2014":2c112xd6 said:
Rumor has it they want to clear space to trade for Mark Sanchez. I actually think he would be an upgrade over Bradford. Sanchez has looked very good this preseason.

Oh man. I want Sanchez to the Rams. Butt fumbles for all!

Happy

Reaction score
volsunghawk":3bttwe58 said:
Happy":3bttwe58 said:
Sherman4Prez":3bttwe58 said:
Will it surprise anyone if Hill does better than Bradford? I feel like I've seen this before...

yea actually it would surprise me. He's a 34 year old backup. In baseball terms he's a middle reliever. He'll be ok for a couple of starts but an entire season? highly unlikely.

It wouldn't surprise me. It would surprise me if Hill plays lights out and puts the team on his back on several occasions.

But just being better than Bradford? That's not really a tall hurdle to get over. I don't think this injury really does anything to the Rams' chances this season.

I think he'll play some pretty good ball, for about 16-20 quarters. But by the time he walks off the field of the Clink on October 19th, he'll be in aging vet hell and no amount of ice baths massages and cortisone injections are going to help.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":aozw6gwe said:
Smelly McUgly":aozw6gwe said:
HawkWow":aozw6gwe said:
Absolutely. A healthy Bradford would be the 2nd best QB in the best division in football.

Kaepernick is so much better than Bradford that it's silly.
Yeah, HawkWow's on crack.

Carson Palmer is also A LOT better than Bradford.

In fact, I would take Tarvaris Jackson over Bradford every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Their career QB ratings are equally terrible (78.5 vs. 79.3) but Jackson has a better completion percentage and a much better average per attempt. When you factor in rushing potential, injuries, mobility needed to play behind our offensive line, knowledge of our system, and completing a pass of longer than 10 yards, Jackson blows Bradford out of the water as a QB.

HawkzRulez

Reaction score
There's a lot of silly stuff being said on this thread.

If you were shallow enough to judge Bradford by his stats, ignoring that the team was an entire rebuild, riddled with drops and penalties killing big plays and TDs, you might think he sucks. If you use the same stats then Hill is an upgrade. His last season that he started most of the season, 2010, he was ranked 13th and all of his numbers were better than Bradford's career stats.

Kappy is about to demonstrate my point. The Niners O line is as porous as a screen. Kappy is getting terrorized by pass rushes. The first 9 quarters of the preseason they scored 3 points and none with Kappy. He played a quarter and a half against the Charges and was strip sacked twice and scored a whopping 3 points. This is what happens to good QBs that aren't protected.

The Hawks are looking as badass as I've ever seen them but switch Wilson for Bradford and the results are probably the same for both teams. Seattle built their trenches before they got their star QB. Fisher inherited the QB and then built trenches. The Rams are ready for their QB of the future with a few more O linemen for depth and to replace the aging vets. Their trenches starters are some of the best in the league.

This Rams team is far better than last season. They have their running game on track with the bulldozer Robinson making holes. The pass rush is probably second to none. Quick and Britt are playing lights out. Bailey has proven to be an excellent receiver and will be back week 5. KC was a serviceable QB, Hill is far better.

No way they trade for a vet. They'll go with Hill and look for a McCown to emerge that they can grab in the offseason and draft a QB for the future is my bet. Take the Bradford savings and keep their best players who are coming into contract years.

Bradford's done in STL. My guess is he gets cut soon for cap reasons. His future in the NFL is bleak because he won't want a minimum "prove it" contract and no one will pay more with his injury history. He probably won't even be ready to play by the start of next season.

Sac

Reaction score
Wilson won the super bowl behind one of the worst offensive lines in the nfl. Not the same.

Sherman4Prez

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":1olmnb25 said:
HawkWow":1olmnb25 said:

Kaepernick is so much better than Bradford that it's silly.

Yeahhh... he's played like dog crap so far. Doesn't really matter now, though. Gotta be healthy to have a chance.

Latest posts