Schedule is out

mrt144

Reaction score
Scorpion05":14pykwwr said:
Am I the only one that sees a tough schedule here? I don’t see any gimmes. We can go 12-4 or 8-8

There's a few games, like the Vikes, where I seriously don't know how good or bad they might be. Did they shake off the rust from last year or are they still boned vis a vis Cousins and crew?

AirStrike

Reaction score
Scorpion05":1nbndgv7 said:
Am I the only one that sees a tough schedule here? I don’t see any gimmes. We can go 12-4 or 8-8

Tough schedule or could be a cake walk. Bengals, Ravens, Browns, Vikings could all be toss ups, they could all win 10 games or win 7. NFC South is weak outside of New Orleans, and then we don't know what we'll get out of the 49ers. Rams will be good and AZ is full of holes but they play us tough.

It'll be fun!

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
At least a relatively close game for me to get to this year in Cleveland. Steelers is their home opener so tickets will be absurd.

Hawkboi

Reaction score
I may be looking at this schedule with total optimism, but I see at least 12 wins and maybe as many as 14. I think this is a really great schedule! I like the Thursday Night Game at home against the Rams... I like the Monday Night Game against San Francisco... The 10 AM Games don't really bother me except Pittsburgh... Like I said I may be looking thru really focused Home Grown Glasses, but I'm excited! :irishdrinkers:

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Our one Thursday night game is on the road against a good team, but at least in our own time zone. Then we get a long week before heading to Cleveland.

So, no Thanksgiving game this year. . .

quadsas

Reaction score
'this schedule is very tough'

that's what some doofuses were telling me in the other thread. Dis a cakewalk

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":386c6k1a said:
Our one Thursday night game is on the road against a good team, but at least in our own time zone. Then we get a long week before heading to Cleveland.

Our TNF is in Seattle vs the Rams

nanomoz

Reaction score
at ATL, at CLE, at PHI, at CAR . . . that's a lotta miles.

Pittsburgh actually travels to the west coast three times in 2019. That's more travel than I've ever seen one of the east coast legacy teams travel in years.

The effing Giants don't even need a plane most seasons. It's good to be a Mara. They should buy a train.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Hard to say how we'll do, like any other year. Certainly 10 wins are possible. Depends on a lot of things; not the least of which is finding a decent offensive line. I get to see by beloved Hawks on my B-day in San Fran though. I bought season tics to the Niners several years ago just so I could see us kick their asses (except for that s**t game last year). The rest I sell or give to clients. If any of you want to see a game at Shit-KIcker stadium next year let me know. I have good seats but the stadium sucks.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":1vjaksvq said:
Ad Hawk":1vjaksvq said:

Our TNF is in Seattle vs the Rams

Thanks, Kid. Unbelievably poor reading comprehension on my part.

The home game makes it even better! :2thumbs:

Cartire

Reaction score
10-6. Football will football. We could go 12-4, we could go 8-8. Inches, bounces, calls, ect. You've all seen the games. But i think 10-6 feels correct, as of right now, with the 4 10am starts.

lukerguy

Reaction score
The NFC west is no joke. It'll be hard for anyone in the west to get a first round bye IMO. It was nice when the hawks only had to compete with the 9ers for division, and a luxury the Pats have had for the past decade.

I'd guess low end 9 wins, high end 11.

Hawkboi

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":2okjv1gp said:

I think if you'll check closely, the Thursday Night Game against the Rams is in Seattle. It's a Home Thursday Night Game!!

chris98251

Reaction score
Has to be 4 - 12, after all we signed Russell Wilson and are now dirt poor to sign anyone else, I read it here by all the experts accounts.

My true thoughts for a prediction has to wait, see what F.A.'s we sign and where we go in the draft.

NFC West will be a battle of three, all sorts of things can happen, Rams could feel the Hangover, 49ers are still in assembly mode but could sync up and get hot fast and us in a retool stage still but better then last year with the experience we got. Arizona, seems like they are trying to do the Veteran signing thing and have a QB that obviously didn't impress them with all the talk and lack of real support from them as well as he wasn't their coaches guy. I don't see that happening, they will have games they look like a contender then fall back again and look terrible.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Cyrus12":25mo7a7c said:
I see 11 wins as a potential
Yeah, that's what the ESPN "analysis" states also and it's liogical.

Four 10 AM starts in a row during a period.

But IMO, a decent schedule.

I'm getting ready, already. :2thumbs:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm pretty happy w/the schedule overall. A few things that really stick out as strange: For the first 10 weeks, we flip flop home and away the entire time. I doubt that has happened very often, if ever. Games 10-13 are 4 consecutive Prime Time Games, and we finally get a nice late Bye.
Also, LOVE that we finish at home with the Cards and the 39ers. The only thing I didn't like was the four 10am games, but this isn't Holmgren's Hawks, this team can win 10am games, and have proven it.
I really like that only 2 of our 5 prime time games are at home. The more the years go on, I don't find myself liking the home prime time games as much. I enjoy them, but w/all the moving around w/work schedules etc. I prefer those on the road. Depending on how Santa Clara looks, I could see that as a potential flex game in week 17.