Seahawks asking for a 1st from the Cowboys for Earl

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No safety in football covers more ground, with that much speed than Earl. He's only missed like 7 games his entire career.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":6zy91psh said:
No safety in football covers more ground, with that much speed than Earl.

Everyone knows Earl's one of the best safeties in the league.

That's not the part that Pete and John are evaluating. They're evaluating whether he's worth the 13-15M a year he wants to stay in Seattle another 3-4 years......................with his injury history and going through this rebuild where cap space is tight.

They gambled on Kam, and lost. Do you want them to gamble on Earl as well?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Absolutely he is worth it. He's in the prime. I want him to stick around, but there is a good chance they just can't afford 13 or 14 mil a year. Sucks, but it's reality. But unless a team offers a lot, they need to keep him.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":13rbb50z said:
Absolutely he is worth it. He's in the prime. I want him to stick around, but there is a good chance they just can't afford 13 or 14 mil a year. Sucks, but it's reality. But unless a team offers a lot, they need to keep him.

I would not give Earl a massive long term extension.

If we can't get a couple high picks in a trade, I'd offer him a two year extension at 11-12M all guaranteed. If he wants to say no, hold out and be a pain in the ass? Then I franchise him after this year at a reasonable 9-10M.

But if the rumors are true that he's asking for 13-15M a year for 3-4 years? No way, not with his injury history, and not when we're now 2-3 years away from another run IF Pete and John can even fix all the holes on this roster.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":88vfln5r said:

He's worth it now by what about 2 yrs from now when he hits the age wall and we still have 3 yrs left? I would be all for a 2 year extension but doubt he goes for it.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":xkj1pug7 said:
No safety in football covers more ground, with that much speed than Earl. He's only missed like 7 games his entire career.
The former statement simply isn't true. Not in combine 40 and not on the field. It is pure belief that can be proven false rather easily.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2zz95pcz said:
SoulfishHawk":2zz95pcz said:

That's not the part that Pete and John are evaluating. They're evaluating whether he's worth the 13-15M a year he wants to stay in Seattle another 3-4 years......................with his injury history and going through this rebuild where cap space is tight.

Yes. Also don’t know where you are getting this 15 million a year number from? What I’ve heard it’s closer to 11 per.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2169sl0r said:
Sgt. Largent":2169sl0r said:
SoulfishHawk":2169sl0r said:

Yes. Also don’t know where you are getting this 15 million a year number from? What I’ve heard it’s closer to 11 per.

They gave Kam $12M average. Earl is going to want more than that.

He has indicated he would hold out rather than play for $10M. I also doubt 1M more is what he would hold out for.

Lastly. Earl relies on speed above all. a 4-5 year contract is not happening IMO.

James in PA

Reaction score
I’m sure other teams are lowballing Schneider left & right, thinking they might be able to get Earl for a 3rd rounder & a practice squad wide receiver. I just hope Schneider doesn’t panic and cave in. Stick to your asking price & if you don’t get it, guess what? You have a future HOF safety on your roster with 3-4 good years left!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":29b2bb0i said:
Sgt. Largent":29b2bb0i said:
SoulfishHawk":29b2bb0i said:

Earl said last year that Eric Berry's huge contract was one of the reasons he wanted to keep playing.

So what did Berry get?

6 Yrs
78M
20M signing bonus
40M guaranteed
13M per year average

So when you're next up, you want more than the last guy, THAT'S where people are getting 13-15M per year.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, I stick with my opinion. Best in the league. 3 Years, 33 mil, get it done. Who gives a crap about the combine? I'll go by what I see on the field, a guy who covers more ground than any of the Safeties in the league. Game speed is what matters. Not some stupid 40 time in his undies.

Danny Darko

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1ipvx876 said:
Well, I stick with my opinion. Best in the league. 3 Years, 33 mil, get it done. Who gives a crap about the combine? I'll go by what I see on the field, a guy who covers more ground than any of the Safeties in the league. Game speed is what matters. Not some stupid 40 time in his undies.

I agree...
if you want an elite d and you have a bird in the hand...

You can turn over a bunch of big name guys like the cheatriots, but if you don't keep the guy in his prime it's a white flag.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":24wubuo1 said:

But he wants more, and for longer.

toffee

Reaction score
Still feel like Cleveland is the most ideal landing for Earl, lots of picks, plenty of cap.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Until we know whether he will be traded or not we are all rowing in circles with a single oar.

My sad suspicion is he’ll either be traded or will be lost after next season. This sucks b/c he’s a special talent; but seriously, 5-6 years/ $55 to $70 million, with likely a very large portion guaranteed, yikes! It’s tough enough to pay a QB and keep the roster together. Paying an aging DB that much is risky, regardless of how incredibly talented he is. I have doubts the team would want to pay him that much and he could potentially get that much. I certainly will hate it if he goes to another team. I love him a player he’s the best FS in the game. However is any FS worth that much? Perhaps.

The team will get a comp pick at best a 3rd for him after next season and to me that sure isn’t close to his value. If they don’t see themselves paying him then it’s best to maximize his value by trading him while he has exceptional value. Third contracts are always risky indeed, the players are aging but talented but unfortunately reaching the stage of their careers where the injury problems lead to vastly overpaying them for periods of no productivity, i.e.: Kam’s sad situation and there the guaranteed money is going to be tough to deal with if he’s done.

If Thomas is kept the team then will have decided they will pay him. Sure hope they make the right decision for the team. This certainly is going to be a tough decision for the FO.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/978482357249433600[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Ken_Bellevue/status/978481936120168448[/tweet]

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Hawks reported interest in Justin Reid is interesting. He's faster than Earl per combine tests, but is also a much better overall athlete with better size as well. It would be a serious pickup of a draft choice.

Troy Apke's SPARQ score is completely off the charts though. Best athlete at safety that there is possibly with James. If you miss out on Reid, he's a good backup plan.