Seahawks releasing Rice, per Schefter

piston bully

Reaction score
Well there goes $120.00 down the crapper. Gotta buy a new Jersey.LOL. best of luck to him!

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":4fao4aqy said:
DavidSeven":4fao4aqy said:
Bob Condotta ‏@bcondotta 6m
Per the Sidney Rice report, the Seahawks say they have not yet made any decisions and have not officially released anyone. ...

Yay journalism!

Seriously, can we at least give the front office a chance to get through the Combine before we start celebrating roster cuts? Sid could renegotiate for all we know.

Everyone read before responding.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Natethegreat":3mkbsudr said:
It may not be official yet but it may as well be. Rice is gone.

:roll:

Why don't we just throw up a thread for Red and Clem while we're at it?

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1xv2zzab said:
Natethegreat":1xv2zzab said:

What else is there to talk about if we can't speculate?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":82k00bo7 said:
DavidSeven":82k00bo7 said:
Per the Sidney Rice report, the Seahawks say they have not yet made any decisions and have not officially released anyone. ...

Yay journalism!

Seriously, can we at least give the front office a chance to get through the Combine before we start celebrating roster cuts? Sid could renegotiate for all we know.

Celebrating? That's an odd choice of words to use when one of our player's is getting cut.

Anyway, our front office can say whatever they want..............Rice is getting cut. At which point he will sign a one year "prove it" deal with someone, hopefully it's back with us.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":1h5au82r said:
DavidSeven":1h5au82r said:
Natethegreat":1h5au82r said:

What else is there to talk about if we can't speculate?

Speculation among fans is cool, but I'm not a fan of "speculation" journalism that gets passed around as fact. If someone is going to speak of this, speak of it as speculation. People are talking like the nails are in the coffin, which is never true until the team releases official word (even if 99% likely).

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3aexdwzw said:
Sarlacc83":3aexdwzw said:
DavidSeven":3aexdwzw said:

Yay journalism!

Celebrating? That's an odd choice of words to use when one of our player's is getting cut.

Anyway, our front office can say whatever they want..............Rice is getting cut. At which point he will sign a one year "prove it" deal with someone, hopefully it's back with us.

I like Rice quite a bit, so I won't be celebrating. I probably overstated my point, because in this thread, the majority have been pretty good about it. Other threads...not so much.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Kind of bittersweet, Rice was that dude when we needed a catch in 2012. I think his knees just took its their on him and he wasn't what we needed him to be anymore and probably never will be again. Would definitely bring him back on the cheap if he was down for it, he'd be a helluva possession guy.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Think of all the big plays made by Baldwin and Tate over the last few years... At least 10-15 come to mind. With Rice, there were about 3-4 that come to mind- Chicago, AZ (This yr), WSH.. The fact that he earned about 10x those guys combined is a little sickening.

He's a good dude, and I wish him the best, but he's probably one of the worst UFA signings we've had.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
lukerguy":38lpwhmw said:
Think of all the big plays made by Baldwin and Tate over the last few years... At least 10-15 come to mind. With Rice, there were about 3-4 that come to mind- Chicago, AZ (This yr), WSH.. The fact that he earned about 10x those guys combined is a little sickening.

He led the team in catches, receiving yards, first downs and TDs LAST YEAR. Oh, brother.

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
Knew it was coming, but still sad. At least he got a ring. Loved that even after the (latest) injury, you could always find him on the sideline supporting & congratulating the guys. Class act & team player. If he doesn't end up back here on the cheap, I wish him the best in his next stop.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Schefter has been a very reliable source for years, for the record. It's the only reason I follow him. He might be wrong on this, but I doubt it.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Thank you for your contributions Rice! Good luck to you!

DavidSeven

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3teewap4 said:
Schefter has been a very reliable source for years, for the record. It's the only reason I follow him. He might be wrong on this, but I doubt it.

He's usually pretty good. However, he was also the one who said the Seahawks were trading for Jared Allen earlier this season. Also reported that the Cardinals hired Andy Reid a day before he signed with the Chiefs.