Seahawks releasing Rice, per Schefter

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2oe0czxp said:
Crizilla":2oe0czxp said:
Chicago game. Nevar 4get.

Too late, JS forgot.

I wish Sydney the best, but this was a no brainer the minute he went down mid season.

Semi pet-peeve

.. Why do people still spell his name Sydney?

Sincerely,
Mike Holmgrem and Grant Winstrom

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
DavidSeven":20c2rpkj said:
Natethegreat":20c2rpkj said:
It may not be official yet but it may as well be. Rice is gone.

:roll:

Why don't we just throw up a thread for Red and Clem while we're at it?

Why are you rolling your eyes at this? lol.

There is no way Sidney Rice was not getting cut. Whether or not he comes back on a 1-year 'prove it' deal remains to be seen.. but Rice getting cut was as big a formality as anything this offseason.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":31cy0wqh said:
DavidSeven":31cy0wqh said:
Natethegreat":31cy0wqh said:
It may not be official yet but it may as well be. Rice is gone.

:roll:

Why don't we just throw up a thread for Red and Clem while we're at it?

Why are you rolling your eyes at this? lol.

There is no way Sidney Rice was not getting cut. Whether or not he comes back on a 1-year 'prove it' deal remains to be seen.. but Rice getting cut was as big a formality as anything this offseason.

Like I said, if it's so inevitable, why don't we send our well wishes to Chris Clemons, too?

Has nothing to do with the inevitability of the fact. Let the process play itself out first and investigate what's being reported to you. Seahawks have officially stated they've released no one yet. It amazes me that people just blindly accept what they're being fed by ESPN.

45Hawker

Reaction score
I hope Sydney Rice remains a Seahawk by restructuring his contract. What that contract number is, I have no idea. I guess it will depend on what his value is to another team vs what we are willing to pay him. Would a team pay him $8 million a year? Probably not, IMO. Would he agree to remain a Hawk for $5-6m?

Remember, he's only 27 years old. By the way some people here talk about him, it's like he's old and washed up. When healthy, the guy is just as good as Marques Colston. (signed 5yr/$40m contract in 2012) Sydney is a rare talent at WR, even with the production we get from Baldwin, Tate and Percy.

I don't know the status/severity of his injuries, but I understand that is a factor in his possible release/restructure. Nobody here knows the injury reality either.

Anyway, I'd love him to remain a hawk at a fair price.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
45Hawker":3cj6owmz said:
I hope Sydney Rice remains a Seahawk by restructuring his contract. What that contract number is, I have no idea. I guess it will depend on what his value is to another team vs what we are willing to pay him. Would a team pay him $8 million a year? Probably not, IMO. Would he agree to remain a Hawk for $5-6,?

Remember, he's only 27 years old. By the way some people here talk about him, it's like he's old and washed up. When healthy, the guy is just as good as Marques Colston. (signed 5yr/$40m contract in 2012) Sydney is a rare talent at WR, even with the production we get from Baldwin, Tate and Percy.

I don't know the status/severity of his injuries, but I understand that is a factor in his possible release/restructure. Nobody here knows the injury reality either.

Anyway, I'd love him to remain a hawk at a fair price.

3 posts above you. 3.

It's Sidney.

45Hawker

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3bfze384 said:
3 posts above you. 3.

It's Sidney.
Sorry for distracting you from the topic with a misspelled name. Any opinion on the content of my message, or do you just want to let everyone know: A) I misspelled his name. B) you know how to spell his name?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
45Hawker":d4udwo30 said:
Sarlacc83":d4udwo30 said:
3 posts above you. 3.

It's Sidney.
Sorry for distracting you from the topic with a misspelled name. Any opinion on the content of my message, or do you just want to let everyone know: A) I misspelled his name. B) you know how to spell his name?

I actually read your post this time. You reiterated the same questions that have been asked ad nauseam since December. You did not even provide any thoughts on your questions.

So, if you want to know the honest truth: I assumed that you wouldn't have any useful information, since you didn't know his name, because it's consistent behavior among other people who don't spell the names of Seahawks players correctly. I was correct in my assumption.

White Devil

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2oapmoyn said:
Like I said, if it's so inevitable, why don't we send our well wishes to Chris Clemons, too?

Thanks for the memories Clemons. You were a monsta' before that painted dirt in Washington tore you up.

Can we get past attacking the report now. It's inevitable. The team has to make some moves to continue doing what they've done for the past 4 years. It's gonna be bittersweet at times, exciting at other times. But the team has to continuously evolve, to stay where we want it.

In Pete & John I trust

Laloosh

Reaction score
Crizilla":ua9i8vdf said:

He really did have some BIG catches in the first half of 2013 as well. We'll be okay but I definitely think he made this offense better. Must have been resistant to taking a pay cut?

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Sidney Rice is clutch and has great body control. He was great at getting one knee down in lieu of two feet, too. He would just get a knee down and get a catch (did that multiple times, remember it in the MIA and STL games from last year).

I hope, if he goes elsewhere (NE sounds perfect for him), he has a nice year, stays healthy, and gets one more payday at 29.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I absolutely loved Sidney Rice on this team and I wish him nothing but the best. With that said, the writing was on the wall the second they inked the Harvin deal. We just can't keep two receivers with that type of salary long term. Rice has had his issues with injury but he gave his all when he played. I still hear his name and visualize him getting laid out while making the TD catch in Chicago. If he does come back for a steal of a deal I wouldn't complain, but I think his time here is through.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":d59secc1 said:
Sgt. Largent":d59secc1 said:
Crizilla":d59secc1 said:

Too late, JS forgot.

I wish Sydney the best, but this was a no brainer the minute he went down mid season.

Semi pet-peeve

Sincerely,

Agree. It's a pet-peeve of mine too.

Sincerely,
Shawn/Sean Alexander

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2wm4pmxa said:
Sgt. Largent":2wm4pmxa said:
Crizilla":2wm4pmxa said:

Too late, JS forgot.

Semi pet-peeve

Sincerely,

I can't speak for others who misspell names, but I do it to bother uptight forum goers who fixate on meaningless things like how to properly spell people's names rather than contribute to the conversation.

45Hawker

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2cxjzs3c said:
I actually read your post this time. You reiterated the same questions that have been asked ad nauseam since December. You did not even provide any thoughts on your questions.

So, if you want to know the honest truth: I assumed that you wouldn't have any useful information, since you didn't know his name, because it's consistent behavior among other people who don't spell the names of Seahawks players correctly. I was correct in my assumption.
So snarky! Well done! I did indeed offer an opinion on one of my own questions. My goal wasn't to provide new information, but only my opinion and to take part in the discussion. I think we've stated similar opinions: "I like Rice". There it is again - ad nauseum! Chaos everywhere, I tell you... Mods, LOCK THIS DOWN!!!

hawk45

Reaction score
A healthy Sidney Rice can be a weapon for some team. That team will just have to live with 1 year out 3. If he goes to the Pats, he and Amendola can share the burden of self-destructing Patriot offensive weapons for Brady.

Sidney was a cut above Housh and Branch in terms of living up to his to potential (at least when healthy), so I do wish him well. When on the field like last year, he was enough of a threat that our passing offense functioned very well.

Wish the guy knew how to fall to the turf. His boneless thuds made me hold my breath every time.