Seahawks releasing Rice, per Schefter

AgentDib

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2zqxm8l7 said:
Not even close to the 8,675 Percy Harvin threads a month ago.

"Wait, what?! Percy Harvin seen limping at the gas station!!!!!!!!".......................*starts new thread*
"That is the last straw, Harvin is a bum and I am completely done with him."

drdiags

Reaction score
I'm sure this is most likely going to happen, where there is smoke there usually is fire but I have determined that I tend to trust Glazer over Schefter. I have a love/hate relationship with learning more about the man underneath the helmet. But that is what part of the appeal of the NFL, learning about the stories behind the player. After awhile it is like watching a co-worker getting a downsize notice. You figure he will be okay but it still stinks.

Not all the fans think this way, they focus more on identifying where the club can make cuts so they can sign the latest player they obsess over. Many whom will be the next group of players fans will be clamoring to see cut. Kind of a crazy cycle but who doesn't like playing GM for the day or how to stack a team given limited resources?

Thanks for the service Sidney Rice if this is it, hope you can get past the rash of injuries that have dogged you during your career.

Sidney Rice ‏@sidneyrice 11m
The number #12 will remain on the left side of my chest no matter what! Grateful for the opportunity to share so many special moments w yall

Who's next?

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Let's just gird our loins and accept that this offseason will feature a fair number of painful decisions.

A

Anonymous

I think we all have a case of the "Fridays".

"Cidnay Ryse", "Sidnie Reyess", whatever... He was a stud, when he was healthy.

Don't know about the rest of y'all, but I'm on beer #2. "Buuurp!"

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I will never forget Rice making Wilson look good in 2012. He caught a lot of clutch passes that were impact plays.

It is what it is. We all knew that Rice was one of the likely ones to go. It is about value and the Hawks are all about value.

When PC said that they were just getting warmed up I think he was serious. Every season there will be changes that have to take place and at this point PC/JS have proven they know what they are doing.

This is just crazy. It is weird knowing that the Hawks could take the field against anyone and have a good chance of winning.

Largent80

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":d8ypvn3b said:
I think we all have a case of the "Fridays".

"Cidnay Ryse", "Sidnie Reyess", whatever... He was a stud, when he was healthy.

Don't know about the rest of y'all, but I'm on beer #2. "Buuurp!"

[youtube]zCzG7IqXcJo[/youtube]

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":yaldm4ri said:
Hasselbeck":yaldm4ri said:
Sgt. Largent":yaldm4ri said:
Crizilla":yaldm4ri said:
Chicago game. Nevar 4get.

Too late, JS forgot.

I wish Sydney the best, but this was a no brainer the minute he went down mid season.

Semi pet-peeve

.. Why do people still spell his name Sydney?

Sincerely,
Mike Holmgrem and Grant Winstrom

I can't speak for others who misspell names, but I do it to bother uptight forum goers who fixate on meaningless things like how to properly spell people's names rather than contribute to the conversation.
For me, it isn't so much a pet peeve but an indicator of the knowledge you have about the player/subject.

On a message board, you don't have much information to go off of on how much the poster should be trusted. If someone can't even get the name correct, then how much weight should be put on their thoughts on the player.

If someone said to you that they have this sweet stock that is really great and you should trust them and buy it and then spells the company name incorrectly, how much are you really going to trust them?

I realize that people spell the player's name incorrectly for a thousand different reasons, but when quickly scouring through a messageboard of people's opinions, it is a red flag for me of how much am I trusting the opinion.

bigcc

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2262tt2a said:
Hasselbeck":2262tt2a said:
DavidSeven":2262tt2a said:
Natethegreat":2262tt2a said:
It may not be official yet but it may as well be. Rice is gone.

:roll:

Why don't we just throw up a thread for Red and Clem while we're at it?

Why are you rolling your eyes at this? lol.

There is no way Sidney Rice was not getting cut. Whether or not he comes back on a 1-year 'prove it' deal remains to be seen.. but Rice getting cut was as big a formality as anything this offseason.

Like I said, if it's so inevitable, why don't we send our well wishes to Chris Clemons, too?

Clemons isn't a given to be cut, he doesn't have the market sidney rice will (age), and a 1 year deal differs heavily from the 3 or whatever Rice had left.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
MysterMatt":4ls5kxl7 said:
Let's just gird our loins and accept that this offseason will feature a fair number of painful decisions.

I like the sound of this girding thing. My loins are ready.

dbmack

Reaction score
Sidney tweeted this about 5 minutes ago:

Sidney Rice ‏@sidneyrice 5m
The number #12 will remain on the left side of my chest no matter what! Grateful for the opportunity to share so many special moments w yall

Cartire

Reaction score
@sidneyrice: The number #12 will remain on the left side of my chest no matter what! Grateful for the opportunity to share so many special moments w yall

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Largent80":zleyazil said:
Bye Sid, thanks for your work here.

I wish more reactions were similar to this when a player leaves. Too many peeps act like they're on the bad end of a divorce by digging up anything remotely negative about a player when they leave or are released.

- Wasn't all that good anyway
- Was way overpaid
- Disappeared sometimes
- Injured too often
- Find any random half-baked argument and search for stats that support it; ignore the ones that don't.

Played lights out consistently and leaving by their own choice in FA? Hmmmm, let's see.... Eureka! He's being a selfish; a non team player! We don't need guys like that anyway! Locker room cancer! That catch-all works every time. :mrgreen:

HawkMeat

Reaction score
He will be missed by me. Love the dude. I remember the day he was signed. I was glued to the TV and jumped around and shared my excitement with my wife. Who said... "who".

His game against the pats and bears will be my favorite memories.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
Thanks for all you gave to us Sidney, you will be missed! I hate the business end of the NFL, I have grown to really care about all of our players, something I vowed not to do. Bummer, glad he tweeted what he did, cause we will always remember him.

Cartire

Reaction score
fridayfrenzy":22f9rjb3 said:
For me, it isn't so much a pet peeve but an indicator of the knowledge you have about the player/subject.

On a message board, you don't have much information to go off of on how much the poster should be trusted. If someone can't even get the name correct, then how much weight should be put on their thoughts on the player.

If someone said to you that they have this sweet stock that is really great and you should trust them and buy it and then spells the company name incorrectly, how much are you really going to trust them?

I realize that people spell the player's name incorrectly for a thousand different reasons, but when quickly scouring through a messageboard of people's opinions, it is a red flag for me of how much am I trusting the opinion.

That's a pretty good reason.

I still think iRo is anal retentive.

Cartire

Reaction score
His sideline catches will still always amaze me. The guy had so much field awareness. His ability to know to drop a knee if he didn't think he could get two feet down isn't seen by many receivers. Only ADB rivals him on sideline grabs.