Seahawks sign CJ Spiller

seabowl

Reaction score
Will be good to see another number 28 running the ball for us.

A

Anonymous

JSeahawks":ehfaju5s said:
Loved him coming out of college. I wonder if we stash Procise on IR now?

ProSise, with an "S"!

:mrgreen:

I like this signing. If anything, there are some decent intangibles that arrive in the duffel bag too.

SHOCKER315

Reaction score
[youtube]zqXYT_PCWQk[/youtube]

Good hands, but don't like how he runs out of bounds for no reason.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Probably Spiller's last chance to stay in the league. Should fill in competently as a 3rd down/occasional spot relief for Michael.

Just curious if the Hawks over the next month or so make another RB move if Collins proves ineffective as the #2.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Love this signing. Dynamic player. Pete worked some magic with another under performer a few short years ago....

Jerhawk

Reaction score
It's almost like they could've kept Pope over Collins and this wouldn't have happened

LolaRox

Reaction score
uncle fester":2yvzf2mk said:
Funny how it comes around.

I can remember, as HawkFan72 has mentioned, discussions on here as to whether JS should draft him.

Also remember Bills fans saying we could have Lynch (!) as they still had Spiller and Fred Jackson...

Yes, it does seem the Hawks love the Bills' RBs.

I hope he comes in right away and adds something good.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
ivotuk":1i76z5rk said:
SeahawksFanForever":1i76z5rk said:
Seahawks were using Collins as a 3rd down back. Spiller is an immediate upgrade. Solid move!

Not too sure about that. I think they need to give those snaps to AC. There's a reason why Spiller is available.

Because he was often hurt. You literally said it a few posts prior. Has nothing to do with talent.

Keyhawk

Reaction score
Love this signing too. Always been a Spiller fan. He will help the Hawks.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Love this guy too,I hope he pans out with us.He is very fast and catches well..Just the injury history is not so good

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Jerhawk":3m1n69g2 said:
It's almost like they could've kept Pope over Collins and this wouldn't have happened

At least you get to see Pope this weekend. He'll be wearing a Jets cap and Jets warmups. Very impactful player.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":13jl9k7q said:
Jerhawk":13jl9k7q said:

Pre-season Hall of Famer Pope has been inactive fir the Jets first 3 games.

Just a point.

Forte has been solid and backup Powell is a dependable 6 year vet averaging 8.1 a carry. No reason for Pope to be activated at this time. He's still on their 53 because the Jets found him a competent, developing rookie.

The Hawks have stuck with Collins and Prosise and that was their choice.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":8lz1yk9w said:
FlyingGreg":8lz1yk9w said:
Jerhawk":8lz1yk9w said:

Pre-season Hall of Famer Pope has been inactive fir the Jets first 3 games.

Just a point.

Forte has been solid and backup Powell is a dependable 6 year vet averaging 8.1 a carry. No reason for Pope to be activated at this time. He's still on their 53 because the Jets found him a competent, developing rookie.

The Hawks have stuck with Collins and Prosise and that was their choice.

If Pope was the MVP candidate that he is made out to be by some, he would at least crack the field for a snap or two, right?

I mean even that Magee guy that we signed on a Thursday played for us a few days later.

I'm sure they are just stashing the future hall of famer as a secret weapon for later.