Seahawks signed Ziggy according to Schefter

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
getnasty":3kgvlnsy said:
Big move and a good price, if he stays healthy this could make us a contender.
While I agree, it's a big IF. If he's not there to end the season, I don't see the other pass rushers ready to fill the void. Could be the Hawks go after one more pass rusher.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Awesome.

Now go get Liuget and Perry on one-year deals. :)

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
JPC4Days":10lx00dg said:
knownone":10lx00dg said:
His contract is 1 year 13.5M, 5.5M guaranteed, 8M in incentives.

I was acting earlier like .. oh well .. get em don't get em whatever .. but ... I was hoping for this.. now I can root for you dude. My guess is the Seahawks are hoping they pay every bit of that 13.5 because it will mean he had a good year...
I know I know .. he can't stay healthy ... but what if he does .. he could bridge us until our next young stud LEO.

Also we can sign him to a K J type deal next year and if he walks for more money we get a comp pick. It is starting to get real interesting around here
So your saying there's a chance...

Good luck Ziggy I hope you make all that money
The Seahawks are getting "Ziggy (Jiggy, i.e. Will Smith song) with it!"

Ayyyyeee!!

Hey, Rams, be afraid, be very afraid!

AgentDib

Reaction score
I've been neutral on this so far but I wasn't expecting such an incentive laden single year prove it deal. Very little downside here and we still have plenty of room under the cap to bring in additional veteran FA.

mikeak

Reaction score
A secondary benefit of such a contract is that if he performs great he gets paid really well and won't be mad at Seattle feeling they used him. That is a positive for a long term deal.

If he doesn't work out well not much lost

kf3339

Reaction score
knownone":2mf17c58 said:

If this is correct it's a very fair deal for both sides! It even leaves room for a vet run stuffing DT if that is their goal.

Great job! :irishdrinkers:

ivotuk

Reaction score
If only there was a way to motivate Mohammed Wilkerson and Jamie Collins. That would be phenomenal.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Last time we signed a DE from the Lions on a one year deal it turned out very well for us.

There are some rumors he won't be ready in August according to Shefter but I will wait and see.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Now that this has happened, and given some questions I've seen, some things should probably be squared away about this dude. I was really high on him in the draft, as was basically everyone else. His athletic profile was like the best Lambo model of DEs as you could find. He didn't play a lot of football though and was raw, but you see this dude run down WRs 50 yards downfield and you don't care. You just don't care. However, like a supercar, the model requires a lot of maintenance and might spin out on you if you're not diligent. Ansah will be 30 soon and will still be one of the best athletes on the field at any given time. If he puts in the work to make sure that machine is properly taken care of, it will be more than fine. Definitely more than....

olyfan63

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":1zzjak9h said:
Last time we signed a DE from the Lions on a one year deal it turned out very well for us.
<snip>.

I like it!! Yes, Cliff Avril was one of the Seahawks all-time best signings, and was the REAL Super Bowl 48 MVP. Darren Smith just caught the ball and ran. Avril's pressure and hit forced the lollipop throw.

IIRC, Avril would have gotten us a second Lombardi the next year, but got knocked out of the game with a concussion and that allowed Brady the time to find who Simon was covering and throw there and lead the Pats to the win.

If Ansah turns out anything like Avril, we could be back in the Superb Owl this coming year.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Now just bring in Liuget or Shelton, and suddenly this is a pretty deep group. Should be plenty of fresh legs.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I don't think they bring in another big 1 tech DT. They have 2 UDFAs that can play and you know that Poona is looking like the next younger Bane. I would bet that Tiuli comes back into camp in the 320s and earns a spot. Possibly even being part of a regular rotation by midpoint. The key with him is weight, but if he checks that dude can really play. The other dude isn't near as mobile and has worse weight issues. Michigan dude...can't remember the name. Immovable, but also can't move.

Also, I gotta think Green will start to learn Leo as well and may even get more 1st downs than Ansah there. You still have Martin and Marsh as 3rd and 4th string. I don't know that other areas might need depth.

Edit again: Ansah doesn't need to play every down. If he comes in as a 2013 Avril role because we can...then all the better.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
knownone":21pk293e said:

Do you have a source for these numbers? Just asking.

knownone

Reaction score

massari

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/PFF_Lions/status/1126193592698011650[/tweet]

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks knownone, looks to be a potential win/win deal if Henderson is right.

Now for the FA DT, and getting Wagner and Reed reupped.

Ansah will be brought along slowly to allow him time to become truly healthy and this will allow the young players more reps in TC. I like everything about this exceptlosing Clark.