Seahawks signed Ziggy according to Schefter

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I just heard on ESPN it's 5.5 mil w/incentives making it jump to 13.5 like a few have already mentioned.
Shoot, that's a damn good contract considering how many other teams could have used him. And we HOPE he makes those incentives, as it would mean he stays healthy and produces. Nice work by the front office, yet again.

uncle fester

Reaction score
Per Schefter, on Twitter, this morning.

New Seahawks’ DE Ziggy Ansah still is recovering from shoulder surgery that is expected to keep him out of training camp or longer; some league sources believe Ansah could miss the first month of this season, at least.

massari

Reaction score
uncle fester":3y0hqdb4 said:

New Seahawks’ DE Ziggy Ansah still is recovering from shoulder surgery that is expected to keep him out of training camp or longer; some league sources believe Ansah could miss the first month of this season, at least.
Sign Nick Perry to play for the first half of the season, then when he gets injured, Ansah will be ready to go and in mid season form by playoff time! Bulletproof!

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
Great signing w/ contract .

Low Risk high reward .

Just guessing but the 8m bonus is probably tied to being active on game day . Probably upwards of 300,000 a game . This contract in itself will motivate any individual.

Go Hawks !!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
CPHawk":2avma9vf said:
If the highlight video is any indication, he owes Cable a few million for fielding such an incompetent OL.

You could say the same thing about every pass rusher. Frank Clark had his best game against Cable's O-line too.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
uncle fester":ta3hglod said:

I think bringing Ansah in a couple weeks ago and having our own doctors look at his shoulder was a good sign that Ansah's injury was well on it's way to being ready by more August, rather than September or October.

Obviously there could be setbacks once he's cleared to practice and start contact drills. But it's a good risk/reward scenario......................floor is he isn't ready by the beginning of the season, struggles to stay healthy and we're out 5.5M. The ceiling is HUGE, fully healthy and giving us the edge rusher we desperately need with Clark's departure.

I do think we're also talking to Nick Perry and Shane Ray, two other experienced guys that can jump in the DE rotation well and not put pressure on Ansah returning too early.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
ESPN article on the signing:

http://www.espn.com/blog/seattle-se...-risk-the-seahawks-had-to-take-injury-and-all

Best part:

There's some symmetry between the Seahawks' additions of Avril in 2013 and Ansah now. Both came to Seattle after playing on the franchise tag with the Lions the previous season. Avril and Bennett went on to become two of the best free-agent additions in Seahawks history, both ranking in the top 10 on the franchise's all-time sack list despite playing only five seasons in Seattle.

Ozzy

Reaction score
This is one of my favorite JS/PC signings to date. Almost zero downside and if he completely washes out with an injury ot whatever its not a big loss at all and if he plays to his potential its about as good a signing as you can have. JS deserves GM of the year for what he's done this off season.

Rat

Reaction score
I don't know the details of his contract, but does it really matter if he makes $10 million or $14 million? Yeah, that's an enormous difference to the average person, but I don't think it means anything for this franchise. It wouldn't cost us any other signings.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Rat":3f3kkiil said:
I don't know the details of his contract, but does it really matter if he makes $10 million or $14 million? Yeah, that's an enormous difference to the average person, but I don't think it means anything for this franchise. It wouldn't cost us any other signings.

We want Ansah to max out his incentives, because it means he just balled out for us.

mikeak

Reaction score
Rat":1j2ewgjk said:

It does

You can't say in a vacuum oh so what they overpaid one guy $4million. You have to look at it in the way they sign contracts and if they just overpay left and right it adds up a lot

$4million would have kept Earl Thomas from holding out as example

$4million would have gotten an O-line player here years ago (on top of his salary)

$4 million for a lot of position is a lot of extra that would get that FA here

Wasting $8 million on Joeckel, paying Cary Williams $3.5MM etc etc adds up and the more you have of that the more you hurt the team and the less the better and it does absolutely means something for the franchise.

Are they going to hit on every signing - NO, but limit the overpaying and limit the mistakes is what differentiates pedestrian teams from Super Bowl winning teams

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Rat":1z1hbkpw said:

1 Year $13.5 million $5.5 million guaranteed. If he makes $13.5 million he killed it and I have no issues with him getting paid for 14.5 sacks.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
mikeak":lpjtvh5s said:
Rat":lpjtvh5s said:

It does

You can't say in a vacuum oh so what they overpaid one guy $4million. You have to look at it in the way they sign contracts and if they just overpay left and right it adds up a lot

$4million would have kept Earl Thomas from holding out as example

$4million would have gotten an O-line player here years ago (on top of his salary)

$4 million for a lot of position is a lot of extra that would get that FA here

Wasting $8 million on Joeckel, paying Cary Williams $3.5MM etc etc adds up and the more you have of that the more you hurt the team and the less the better and it does absolutely means something for the franchise.

Are they going to hit on every signing - NO, but limit the overpaying and limit the mistakes is what differentiates pedestrian teams from Super Bowl winning teams

But in this vacuum, if the player makes another 4 million its because hes having a tremendous season

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1126547249788596226[/tweet]

Rapaport is offering a more optimistic prognosis for Ziggy's readiness: mid-training camp.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Everybody was questioning PC & JS sanity when they dealt away our best Pass Rusher, well.........We now have the ANSAH........................Sorry, I just couldn't resist. :lol:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1ymw2rju said:
Everybody was questioning PC & JS sanity when they dealt away our best Pass Rusher, well.........We now have the ANSAH........................Sorry, I just couldn't resist. :lol:

IMO getting the first rounder for Clark, of which John turned into some serious draft capital to get hopefully multiple great players far exceeds the Ansah signing, who there's still question marks about his health.

Don't get me wrong, both is great, but the Ansah signing is dwarfed by what Pete and John did with that extra #1 pick.