Sherman: "The only way people show respect is the dollars."

Seaswab

Reaction score
They will make him the highest paid cb in the league, but something tells me that wont be enough for sherm. He will find it disrespectful if it isnt way more than revis. Hopefully he realizes theres a salary cap and teams can only do so much.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Escamillo":12poaa0d said:
Fans' worrying about contracts is so stupid. Just let the front office deal with it. And that goes for sports radio hosts too, who spend far too much time spent on bringing on some expert like Clayton and asking him, "What do you thing so-and-so will be paid when his contract comes up in two years?" I mean and it's not exactly entertaining radio.
I think you're confusing worrying with discussing. This is a sports forum. People come here to discuss sports. This is an issue relating to the sport and this team in particular, so it is a valid point of discussion. Some people enjoy discussing the game-within-a-game that is salary cap management. If you don't, you may feel free to exercise the option not to participate in such threads as this one.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
John and Pete are doing it the right way... as it looks like they're negotiating Earl's and Sherm's contract extensions at the same time to make sure that they together fit under the cap for the next couple of years.

At least that's what I think is happening.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Seems logical to me he isn't demanding to be highest paid or holding out he's just saying give me an offer I deserve because I'm the best. 12.5-13 million will get it done maybe less depending on the guaranteed money.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
If Sherm sticks with the Hawks....he will make the Ring of Honor! If he continues to play like he did last year....he will make the NFL Hall of Fame and have his jersey retired!

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":3f063rof said:
Throwdown":3f063rof said:
Coug_Hawk08":3f063rof said:
Tag n trade.

You're trolling right?

Nah, serious.

Yeah I don't know if he's worth 13m a year. Being Honest.

What teams have won a superbowl with a 13m a year CB? and What would his tag number be? Less than 12 obviously.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":1pu2cnus said:
Coug_Hawk08":1pu2cnus said:
Throwdown":1pu2cnus said:
Coug_Hawk08":1pu2cnus said:
Tag n trade.

You're trolling right?

Nah, serious.

What teams have won a superbowl with a 13m a year CB? and What would his tag number be? Less than 12 obviously.
11.87 iirc. So just pay him and control the cap hits to your advantage. Especially since the cap is expected to go up 20-30 million in the next 2-3 years alone.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Not sure what kind of response everyone was hoping for.

If he keeps up his level of play, he's a lock for the hall of fame. lets not get all butthurt because he wants to get paid.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":1au4hj4u said:
Coug_Hawk08":1au4hj4u said:
Throwdown":1au4hj4u said:
Coug_Hawk08":1au4hj4u said:
Tag n trade.

You're trolling right?

Nah, serious.

11.87 iirc. So just pay him and control the cap hits to your advantage.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Donk70":32np3xxf said:
Wish Sherman would just shut up and play football. One of these days all of it's going to bite him in the ass.
I wish some fans would take this same outlook.

TJH

Reaction score
Throwdown":23g9ho6l said:
He's worth 15 mil easily

A corner is worth severely limiting the franchise and everything we do for the next 7-8 years?

irocdave

Reaction score
Sherman is the best corner in the NFL AND he does something no other Hawk does. Intelligently brings national attention to the team. I say this knowing it will always start with brash / obnoxious eruptions but ends with intelligent responses to the mediots. Name another Hawk player that has brought as much attention to our southern Alaska team? Unfortunately I think that's the only way the Hawks get national attention. Yea, it doesn't mean much directly but indirectly it does. More attention / national following might bring more home prime time games to Seattle as well as less 10:00am games on the east coast. We all know that the Hawks have been at the bottom of the list with concern to this when the schedules are being made / debated with the media companies that televise the games.

Pay Sherm just above the highest paid corner and manipulate the payout as needed to keep out of cap hell. Then get Thomas signed up. Worry about RW next year.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Seaswab":1dfdbl81 said:
They will make him the highest paid cb in the league, but something tells me that wont be enough for sherm. He will find it disrespectful if it isnt way more than revis. Hopefully he realizes theres a salary cap and teams can only do so much.

Where are you guys coming up with this? What in Sherman's history has shown him to be a greedy, me-first guy? You can say his antics but look how much notoriety his mouth has helped his and the LOB become household names. I'll be the first to eat crow if he becomes a diva but I have a feeling I'll be serving it.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
TJH":n1bsz2ot said:
Throwdown":n1bsz2ot said:
He's worth 15 mil easily

A corner is worth severely limiting the franchise and everything we do for the next 7-8 years?

lol at any player in the NFL lasting 7-8 years on a contract.

Come on now.

Most deals are really 3 year deals in disguise of a 6/7 year deal. And Sherman deserves to get paid. The cap is going up and we have enough room to get him, Thomas and Wilson done.

No reason not to extend him and pay him as the #1 CB in the game.

drdiags

Reaction score
Not his fault that the NFL tends to pay outrageous salaries to key position players. When Revis went to 16M, that set the high bar. This year he came back down to 12M but others are getting this same type of money. Sherman will probably get 12-13M and then watch Patrick Peterson or someone like that break his contract ceiling.

LTs, DEs and QBs are/were the other prime positions. RB, but now they are a dime a dozen since AP, CJ2K and others got the big bucks. Crazy Megatron deals along with Fitz has the WRs money skewed as well.

Look at Percy Harvin. If the Seahawks were willing to pay him mad bank based on work he did for the Vikings, they know that their young core feels they deserve similar treatment if they have been identified as core players. Otherwise, let them walk. Sherman, ET and Wilson will be getting paid. Price of success.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Didn't realize we had so many John Idzik's on here...whatever the FO pays Sherman, its because they know it will not handicap the team.