Sherman: "The only way people show respect is the dollars."

TJH

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1ff2uh4s said:
TJH":1ff2uh4s said:
Throwdown":1ff2uh4s said:
He's worth 15 mil easily

A corner is worth severely limiting the franchise and everything we do for the next 7-8 years?

lol at any player in the NFL lasting 7-8 years on a contract.

Come on now.

Most deals are really 3 year deals in disguise of a 6/7 year deal. And Sherman deserves to get paid. The cap is going up and we have enough room to get him, Thomas and Wilson done.

No reason not to extend him and pay him as the #1 CB in the game.

Ok. I''ll play. Is it worth severely limiting everything the team does for the next 4-5 years for a (any) corner?

strohmin

Reaction score
I think Sherman deserves every penny of the highest paid cornerback in the league. However, Earl deserves to be paid like the highest paid cornerback in the league too. I just hope both sides can come to some kind of an agreement.

theascension

Reaction score
I think PC could still craft a #1 defense without Sherman (because he's the DB whisperer) but not without Thomas. That said I think we all know they'll find a way to keep both, they're worth it.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
You guys really need to be better about running with click-bait headlines that purposely de-contextualize perfectly innocent quotes.

:roll:

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":38l1vdfj said:
Tag n trade.

Seattle owns Sherm's rights this year so that method would be reserved for next year.

Last year while watching Seahawk games I felt Sherm was going to be too expensive and I thought we should trade him while we can so we can at least get some value for him. Really, we would get some great trade value for him.

Then I would watch the games, and watch Sherm, and then thought...don't let him get away. No way!

LargentFan

Reaction score
I know we are all entitled to our opinions, but I find it hilarious that most of this board sees the Carroll/Schneider duo as a brilliant pair of football minds when it comes to building a roster, and then members of that same group think that they will throw it all away for one player.

I hope we keep Sherman. If they announce tomorrow that they are going to somehow pay him 20 million per year for the next 10 years, I will trust that our front office made a smart decision. It won't make any sense to me, but last time I checked, "making sense to the fanbase" has never won any team a championship. Our current front office has though...

Raise your hand if you really think you are smarter at managing this team than our current guys. Anyone?

kobebryant

Reaction score
Donk70":uffi9mxm said:
Wish Sherman would just shut up and play football. One of these days all of it's going to bite him in the ass.

I disagree completely.

Sac

Reaction score
kobebryant":3m5fv3as said:
Donk70":3m5fv3as said:
Wish Sherman would just shut up and play football. One of these days all of it's going to bite him in the ass.

I disagree completely.

I don't think he's allowed to play football in the off season. But even if he was, i still don't mind the man speaking his piece.

Rocket

Reaction score
Throwdown":1ri4sxv3 said:
Someone care to tell me what exactly was wrong that he said?
Not a damn thing, especially if you WATCH THE VIDEO and take it in context.
The man was downright humble and not demanding at all.

If a picture is worth a thousand words, then a video is worth a zillion.

seadoc30

Reaction score
I will be mad if anyone on the Seahawk defense is getting paid more than ET. They all know, including Sherman, that ET makes everyone look like superstar.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Rocket":3koad6bt said:
Throwdown":3koad6bt said:
Someone care to tell me what exactly was wrong that he said?
Not a damn thing, especially if you WATCH THE VIDEO and take it in context.
The man was downright humble and not demanding at all.

If a picture is worth a thousand words, then a video is worth a zillion.

Of course, none of that matters as long as we fans can get our panties in a bunch over it. We've gotta holler about something, and Sherman appears to be the target du jour. By draft day, he and Earl will both be under fat new contracts that not only are worth the considerable talent they play with, but will not handicap the Seahawks too badly over the next several years.

We've seen nothing from this front office to indicate they will get us into an untenable financial situation, and we've seen nothing from Sherman to indicate he isn't worth top dollar at his position. As this isn't an either/or situation, it will work out fine in the end and we'll suddenly be quite satisfied, in spite of all the angst now.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
seadoc30":2jae8dno said:
I will be mad if anyone on the Seahawk defense is getting paid more than ET. They all know, including Sherman, that ET makes everyone look like superstar.

Chancellor and Sherman are superstars in their own right. It's not just Thomas making them look good.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Maxwell aint no slouch either. IF Sherm went and Maxwell became number 1 and whoever was going to replace Maxwell became number 2 would the drop off be that huge? Sherm is a fantastic player but I'm not sure he's worth potentially crippling the team moving forward.

Respect works both ways, Sherm needs to realise who took a chance on him, has trained him and let him be the character he is. He also needs to work out if he values money over winning. The way to show someone you are the best is to win not get paid the most imho.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":1bvl741y said:
The way to show someone you are the best is to win not get paid the most imho.

Okay, this is just asinine. It's almost like a seaswab post.

Quick question.... what exactly is it that Sherman's been doing since he took over the starting role in 2011? Oh, that's right... he's been giving us a shutdown corner presence that this franchise has NEVER had. He's been showing us that he's the best CB in the league by winning and not getting paid the most. In fact, he's been getting paid peanuts in comparison to most other starting CBs in the league because he was drafted after the new CBA went into effect and was a 5th rounder. Seattle's been getting at least 2 full seasons of a guy playing at an elite level at his position, and now that he has the opportunity to get paid commensurate with what he's been delivering on the field, we get all squeamish and start downplaying him, calling him greedy?

This league used to pay rookies ridiculous amounts of money - especially those drafted in the top half of the 1st round - based on the potential they represented. The owners and fans thought it was crazy, and there's a chance that a good number of vets did, as well. So in 2011, the salaries got reined in and the logic was that rookies would be slotted into reasonable contracts, freeing up more cap room for giving lucrative new contracts to veterans who had already proven themselves. That's the league Sherman was drafted into. And he's held up his end of the deal. He has proven his worth to the Seahawks time and time again. It's time for the Seahawks to hold up their end.

(and by the way, I agree that Maxwell is no slouch, but I think you're underestimating what Sherman gives us... the only points we allowed in the SB were on Maxwell, and the Broncos never even bothered to test Sherman)

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
volsunghawk":3oedkwpu said:
(and by the way, I agree that Maxwell is no slouch, but I think you're underestimating what Sherman gives us... the only points we allowed in the SB were on Maxwell, and the Broncos never even bothered to test Sherman)

Sherman admitted he didn't play his best game in the SB. He dropped what could have been an INT and allowed a first down to Eric Decker. He was playing hurt for much of the game, and according to him, was only kept in the game in the Third Quarter as a deterrent due to his "reputation."

volsunghawk

Reaction score
hawknation2014":28rcnu7x said:
volsunghawk":28rcnu7x said:

Sherman admitted he didn't play his best game in the SB. He dropped what could have been an INT and allowed a first down to Eric Decker. He was playing hurt for much of the game, and according to him, was only kept in the game in the Third Quarter as a deterrent due to his "reputation."

And that reputation kept the Broncos from testing his side of the field for the most part. Even when he wasn't at his best, the Broncos wanted no part of him.