Sidney Rice to Retire

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised if Seattle looks to pick a big body off the waiver wire after the 53 cutdown, by the way.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Was really hoping he could come back healthy. When he was feeling good, he was dang good receiver for us and he made some great plays. Would have been nice to have another veteran presence at the position who has good chemistry with Wilson.

Gonna miss that guy, glad he got a ring with us.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Wow, that was unexpected. I feel bad for the guy, he just took such a beating during his career that at 27 his body is pretty much done.

However, I do think that this may be similar to Real Rob in that if, God Forbid, the injury bug hits our WR's hard you might see him come back late in the year, a little bit healthier, as a late season bolster to the WR corp.

Either way I wish Sidney well.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
This wasn't terribly unexpected to me. He's battled some injuries, and would have struggled to make many an NFL roster because of them. He was certainly no lock to make the Seahawks roster, and if I'd have bet on it, I'd have said before (and I probably did somewhere) he would be the odd man out of our receiving corps.

Enjoyed having him on the team, and wish him the best of luck from here on out. Glad he was able to get a ring before he retired. Kind of makes the decision all the easier, I'd guess. And, if at some point, if he's healthy again and decides to unretire again, well, that's not off the table either, I suppose. He could be a late-season bolster to a team that's down a few receivers and looking to make a push. Hope for the situation that it isn't us, but I'd welcome him back in a heartbeat.

chris98251

Reaction score
Good luck going forward Sidney, thanks for laying it all out there for the 12th man!

rideaducati

Reaction score
I guess he saw the writing on the wall. I don't think he was gonna make the team anyway. Good luck to him in his future endeavors and I hope he quits falling down for no reason.

rideaducati

Reaction score
I guess he saw the writing on the wall. I don't think he was gonna make the team anyway. Good luck to him in his future endeavors and I hope he quits falling down for no reason.

General Manager

Reaction score
This opens the door for Matthews to get a legit shot to make the team if he plays well. This is a big loss in my opinion when healthy he was very good player for us and the only 6'4 all purpose WR we had.

Jville

Reaction score
I'm relieved to hear of Sidney's decision. He has made a smart decision.

Another receiver that we saw with the Seahawks last year who would be wise to take notice is Stephen Williams.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Basis4day":2n52a64b said:
Honorable mention for favorite Sidney Play:

[youtube]8sNvSFFSGJE[/youtube]

This too me will be the lasting memory of Rice, greatest play IMO as a Seahawk, that game was so great and to see him pull down the winning TD was spectacular. Honorable mention would be his TD against the Bears in OT.

Those 2 plays will always remind me of Rice, I wish him nothing but the best.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1usrmvpi said:
Wouldn't be surprised if Seattle looks to pick a big body off the waiver wire after the 53 cutdown, by the way.

Norwood's 6'2" and already on the team. I doubt they'd do that with someone not familiar with their system.

Latest posts