So who ends up trading for Sherman

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3geec5ir said:
You're talking about rumors though.

Sherman may end up at camp unhappy but motivated to show the team his true value. Maybe he won't. Suggesting the relationship is not salvageable based on conjecture is a reach for me.

We see this more often then people are admitting with players from other teams. Hell, the Cowboys have employed a couple of wide receivers in the last decade that were on the edge of being traded.

Of course it's all speculation and conjecture.........but that's the part of sports that is interesting to me. That's why I comment the most on these sorts of things. I am fascinated by the psychology of sports.

It'd be a pretty boring forum if all we were allowed to discuss was the factual X's and O's of our team.

Having watched Sherman for the last 5-6 years, I've seen a lion of a player, but with a VERY fragile ego that doesn't have the ability to put his ego and pride aside for the betterment of the team. He's either all in, or all out...........and right now I see a man who's all out, and for most of last year too. Something was off, and it doesn't appear anywhere close to being turned back on.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":tr0f6hau said:
He's either all in, or all out...........and right now I see a man who's all out, and for most of last year too. Something was off, and it doesn't appear anywhere close to being turned back on.

How much of that do you think was just being injured?

When I see Sherman I see a guy who has trouble controlling his emotions and a guy who kinda loses it when dealing with adversity or frustration (in the context of football, at least), but I've never seen him respond to those things by phoning it in or tuning out and just going through the motions.

There's a lot of guys like that in the NFL (e.g. guys who get frustrated and stop finishing plays, or just kinda mentally check out and make dumb mistakes), but I've never seen what I thought was that from Sherman.

What I saw last year was a guy who was dealing with injury (or dealing with getting older and losing some lateral agility that wasn't great to begin with) who was blowing up and really struggling with that. I never saw him stop trying or go through the motions, as it was kinda the reverse: his failures got him way too hot rather than way too cool.

mikeak

Reaction score
If Sherman wants out then I say get him out. That is not a guy that will work "in harmony" while being discontent.......

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2dbc8hbr said:
Because the rumors that Richard asks to be traded and the fact that Schneider is speaking about this publicly tells me they've arrived at an impasse, on both sides.

Do you honestly think Richard has the capacity to arrive at camp happy, content and ready to not be a distraction after his team publicly tried to trade him unsuccessfully? I sure don't.

I hope I'm wrong, but IMO Sherman doesn't have the personal makeup to absorb that kind of humility. In fact, I would expect him to double down on the nonsense.

I would agree. And to take that 1 step further, I think both Pete and John likely believe this to be the case and chances are he is good as gone.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Screaming at coaches and teammates on the sidelines is just plain unacceptable. He never ONCE owned up to it, at least publically. Then that whole thing where he said he would ruin Moore's career, and flat out said it never happened. And people call Russ strange. Dude was out in left field for a good portion of the season.
Amazing player, but he is NOT a coach and not the most important player on the team. He is not above the team or the rules.

StoneCold

Reaction score
semiahmoo":1ghjwlsn said:
IrishNW":1ghjwlsn said:
penihawk":1ghjwlsn said:
IrishNW":1ghjwlsn said:
send him to Cleveland, tired of his shit

Cleveland for.............? Joe Thomas & 33? :snack:

for a bag a peanuts

The Sherman love has eroded greatly in here.

What has become of our once-beloved Legion of Boom????

Giphy

It seems the Bevel haters are also Sherman haters, which is ironic as they hate Richard for hating Bevel.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The Bevell thing is long since old. Sherm acted like a spoiled baby last year, and he has always been one of my favorite players. But his act is beyond old at this point.
That being said, I hope he stays and dominates again.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Cleveland for.............? Joe Thomas & 33? :snack:[/quote]

for a bag a peanuts[/quote]

The Sherman love has eroded greatly in here.

What has become of our once-beloved Legion of Boom????

Giphy[/quote]

It seems the Bevel haters are also Sherman haters, which is ironic as they hate Richard for hating Bevel.[/quote]

I don't like Bevell. Never have. His play calling just drives me nuts sometimes. (short drive, I know) I enjoyed having Sherman on the team. Last year he was pushing the insubordinate line a bit much, but I also understood at least some of his frustration.

If he goes, it might be for the best, but I'll miss those few really great years he gave us back when we had the old crew with Beastmode, etc.

Man, those were such great times to be a Seahawks fan. Not that it's all bad these days - it's just missing a little something.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I wonder what the agenda is here for Sherman, or for the team?

He apparently asks for a trade, but publicly says he wants to stay here with his guys. Is this him just keeping his name front and center after a less than normally exceptional season, does he really want a trade, is the team actually fed up with his temper tantrums, or is this just a way of him messing around with the media to gain attention???

Is the team genuinely shopping Sherman earnestly ( given the reported price tag), or is this just something that is being done at his request?

Somehow i'm beginning smell a rat, and that this whole thing is media manipulation and Sherman who is reportedly loving it .

I think he stays and has a great season this year and this issue disappears.

If not a trade this offseason seems somewhat unlikely unless the offers for him significantly improve; but I can't see him getting a big 3rd contract from the team so if he is to be traded then better sooner rather than later for the greatest return.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Popeyejones":pixcgo72 said:
Sgt. Largent":pixcgo72 said:
He's either all in, or all out...........and right now I see a man who's all out, and for most of last year too. Something was off, and it doesn't appear anywhere close to being turned back on.

When I see Sherman I see a guy who has trouble controlling his emotions and a guy who kinda loses it when dealing with adversity or frustration (in the context of football, at least), but I've never seen him respond to those things by phoning it in or tuning out and just going through the motions.

There's a lot of guys like that in the NFL (e.g. guys who get frustrated and stop finishing plays, or just kinda mentally check out and make dumb mistakes), but I've never seen what I thought was that from Sherman.

What I saw last year was a guy who was dealing with injury (or dealing with getting older and losing some lateral agility that wasn't great to begin with) who was blowing up and really struggling with that. I never saw him stop trying or go through the motions, as it was kinda the reverse: his failures got him way too hot rather than way too cool.

I honestly don't think he was injured, and if he was it didn't affect any of this.........and since the league reviewed his so called "significant" injury and found there to be no basis to it, it kinda affirms my opinion.

I saw a guy who thinks he knows better than the coaches and his teammates, and after a couple key plays where HE was made to look like a fool, it boiled over.

He even talked like part of the coaching staff, like he and Pete talked about what needs to happen........polar opposite to what Pete said happened in their meetings. Just weird stuff like that leads me to believe this isn't fixable.

Again, hope I'm wrong and he's back to the old ball hawking maniac we all know and love. But after last season and all through this off season? Tells me that isn't going to happen.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3ckg1912 said:
Popeyejones":3ckg1912 said:
Sgt. Largent":3ckg1912 said:

I honestly don't think he was injured, and if he was it didn't affect any of this.........and since the league reviewed his so called "significant" injury and found there to be no basis to it, it kinda affirms my opinion.

I saw a guy who thinks he knows better than the coaches and his teammates, and after a couple key plays where HE was made to look like a fool, it boiled over.

He even talked like part of the coaching staff, like he and Pete talked about what needs to happen........polar opposite to what Pete said happened in their meetings. Just weird stuff like that leads me to believe this isn't fixable.

Again, hope I'm wrong and he's back to the old ball hawking maniac we all know and love. But after last season and all through this off season? Tells me that isn't going to happen.

I fear you might be right even as I hope you're wrong...

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Regarding Sherm, I want the guy back. Even if he's lost half a step he compensates with near perfect technique and smarts. He struggled at times last year like many of the guys but is still top tier. More importantly, I've never seen a player with more passion for the game and his intensity rivals Lynch.

There's obviously much more behind the scenes that we don't know about, but I cannot imagine it's a scenario that is mutually unworkable. To be honest, I'll be livid if they do trade him.

arghawkfan

Reaction score
I understand that the Jets are definitely not in a win now mode, so a 29 yr old CB @ 14 million is not necessarily a fit, but I would love a package that had us receiving their 2nd round pick packaged with Sheldon Richardson to beef up our d-line

RiverDog

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":h8jfr6yw said:
Do you honestly think Richard has the capacity to arrive at camp happy, content and ready to not be a distraction after his team publicly tried to trade him unsuccessfully? I sure don't.

I hope I'm wrong, but IMO Sherman doesn't have the personal makeup to absorb that kind of humility. In fact, I would expect him to double down on the nonsense.

That's a good point, and IMO it could go one of two ways. An unsuccessful attempt to trade Sherman could backfire, and cause him to be even more of a distraction than he already is. Sideline tirades and uncomfortable press conferences could become the norm.

Or

Sherman could take this as a wake-up call and rise to the challenge. It could give him motivation to prove to the world that he's still the best corner in the league.

I'm reminded of how Sherman felt disrespected by his college coach, none other than our favorite hairball Jim Harbaugh, and turned his anger into something positive as he used it to motivate him into becoming the great player he is.

Hendo66

Reaction score
Appears ML & RS are angling for a package deal. Hmmm
Package them up to the Raiders and move on.

ESPN's Ed Werder reports Marshawn Lynch "has begun" the "reinstatement process."
It is not clear what beginning the process means, but Lynch is likely to file his reinstatement papers in the near future. Once he does, his $9 million cap hit will immediately hit the Seahawks' books, making it likely a resolution is reached in short order. Werder reports Lynch hopes to play for the Raiders but also would considering going to any team which trades for CB Richard Sherman.

Seymour

Reaction score
Hendo66":1y9ogma0 said:
Appears ML & RS are angling for a package deal. Hmmm
Package them up to the Raiders and move on.

ESPN's Ed Werder reports Marshawn Lynch "has begun" the "reinstatement process."
It is not clear what beginning the process means, but Lynch is likely to file his reinstatement papers in the near future. Once he does, his $9 million cap hit will immediately hit the Seahawks' books, making it likely a resolution is reached in short order. Werder reports Lynch hopes to play for the Raiders but also would considering going to any team which trades for CB Richard Sherman.

Are you hearing this somewhere or just your opinion?
I'd have to say the chances of them going as a package deal somewhere are pretty remote IMO.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
#1 receivers the Seahawks face this season:

Larry Fitzgerald, twice
Julio Jones
Dez Bryant
Jordy Nelson
Odell Beckham, Jr.
DeAndre Hopkins
Alshon Jeffrey
T.Y. Hilton

If you really feel like getting sliced and diced by these guys all year, feel free to support the Sherman trade.

Latest posts