Stanford @ Washington

Largent80

Reaction score
Largent80":18nwyawt said:
Stanford isn't that good, they won on the last play of the game vs. UCLA who appears to be slightly better than mediocre.

Dawgs are gonna use em as chew toys.

And DROPS the mic.

justafan

Reaction score
It doesnt surprise me that our skilled players were better but i really didnt expect the Dline and Oline to be so dominant.That was a pure physical beatdown on a team i expected to be more physical than they were, especially on the Oline.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
loved the beatdown,the 2 cb's would not have mattered in this one due to both sides of the UW lines.I'd sure like to see more of the same next week

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Thought Brock Huard made an interesting point that apparently having Tedford as an offensive consultant behind the scenes is having a huge impact along with the new defensive line coach.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Could be a very special season. Gotta get the UO monkey off our backs first.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
justafan":34s9c4qb said:
It doesnt surprise me that our skilled players were better but i really didnt expect the Dline and Oline to be so dominant.That was a pure physical beatdown on a team i expected to be more physical than they were, especially on the Oline.

Yup. I thought Stanford would have an edge in the trenches which would keep the game close. Instead, we dominated them on both sides.

Did anyone else notice how disciplined the defense was? Everyone constantly stayed in position. Wow.

cesame

Reaction score
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't rooting for a Washington win last night

Oregon is clearly the underdog next week. And the chance to extend the streak and beat a potentially top 5 ranked Washington team is just awesome

Oregon matches up a little better than Stanford imo, but the Ducks are still a very young team in a rebuilding year

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Stanford couldn't hang with UW. What makes anyone think this current Ducks team can? They couldn't even beat unranked Colorado in Eugene. Colorado didn't have their #1 QB playing in that game either. Just sayin'

cesame

Reaction score
UW damn near lost to a mediocre Arizona team on the road

Oregon is clearly the underdog but they're a ton more athletic than Stanford.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
HansGruber":37isgwec said:
JSeahawks":37isgwec said:
You're more scared of WSU than UW?

Guess you don't watch much college ball. UW might have the best defense in the country, and a pretty damn good QB in Browning as well. Might be the most balanced, dominant UW team I've ever seen and that includes 1991.

The Ducks are going to get pummeled.

Lets talk more after your yearly beat down in Eugene.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
cesame":k61p4b6p said:

very true. But my point is that Oregon lost at home to Colorado. UW is better than Colorado even on UW's worst day. UW destroyed Stanford in trenches, being athletic means squat when you're getting manhandled physically. Stanford is more of a physical team than the Ducks are. UW has both speed and physicality.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3iu5sidy said:
cesame":3iu5sidy said:

very true. But my point is that Oregon lost at home to Colorado. UW is better than Colorado even on UW's worst day. UW destroyed Stanford in trenches, being athletic means squat when you're getting manhandled physically. Stanford is more of a physical team than the Ducks are. UW has both speed and physicality.

This is why this one's gonna be the sweetest by far of the 13.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Next week's game worries me. For whatever reason the Ducks always seem to get up and play their hardest against Washington every year.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I hate the Huskies with a passion but they look like they are definitely for real.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":31jti8x2 said:
Post of the week belongs to KitStarter from the USC Football forums

Re: Chris Petersen!
5:30 AM
The dawgs should send a fruit basket and a thank you card to Haden. Not only did he not hire Peterson he took Sark off of their hands so they could get Peterson instead.

You're not a very nice person. :(

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2zftf19e said:
hawkfan68":2zftf19e said:
cesame":2zftf19e said:

This is why this one's gonna be the sweetest by far of the 13.
I can feel your insecurity through your false bravado! :2thumbs: 8)
I cannot wait for the excuses from the Quackers after next weeks game. :stirthepot:

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Did anyone else catch Portland State head coach Bruce Barnham's quote a couple weeks ago after his team lost to Washington?

"I’d mortgage my house and put it on the Huskies’ to win the national title"

Atradees

Reaction score
I was hoping to win bye three against Stanford. I thought though that Stanford would likely smoke us. Awesome win. The D looked great! Its all for nought if we loose to the Ducks. Go Huskies!