Stanford @ Washington

HansGruber

Reaction score
I'm not seeing a loss to the Ducks.

Only reason Arizona hung into OT was because the Dawgs were over pursuing, playing a little too aggressive. They got into a flow late and showed their mettle. It's college ball, that happens sometimes.

But that UW defense is FIERCE. They've got to be top 3 at worst. Then to top that off, you've got a great offense with Browning looking like the top QB in the country right now, a fantastic WR group, and depth at RB. UW is firing on all cylinders right now. They could probably beat the 49ers and Dolphins, and a couple other NFL teams.

I'm not worried about the past. We've had the Stanford monkey on our backs for awhile as well. Oregon is a crap team. They don't have any real weapons. UW is going into that game jacked up and they're going to damage some egos.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
HansGruber":1lgjlpij said:
I'm not worried about the past. We've had the Stanford monkey on our backs for awhile as well. Oregon is a crap team. They don't have any real weapons. UW is going into that game jacked up and they're going to damage some egos.

No weapons? That's the only strength this current duck team does have. If you're talking defensive weapons ill concede that point.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Really, the vibe I get from Mr JSeahawks is the same vibe I get from lambs fans. Doesn't matter what they can't do in the rest of the year, only thing that matters is whether they can beat the Seahawks (or, the Huskies in the case of oregon). Both cases stem from a long-seated feeling of inferiority caused by a long string (in the case of oregon a VERY long string) of consecutive losses. Hopefully the Seahawks beat the lambs later this year and the Huskies do the same to the ducklings next week, just to stop the incessant yammering. It's growing tiresome.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
GeekHawk":3404bcow said:
Really, the vibe I get from Mr JSeahawks is the same vibe I get from lambs fans. Doesn't matter what they can't do in the rest of the year, only thing that matters is whether they can beat the Seahawks (or, the Huskies in the case of oregon). Both cases stem from a long-seated feeling of inferiority caused by a long string (in the case of oregon a VERY long string) of consecutive losses. Hopefully the Seahawks beat the lambs later this year and the Huskies do the same to the ducklings next week, just to stop the incessant yammering. It's growing tiresome.

Well, you are our main rivals... isnt that kind of the point of rivalry? I root for the Huskies most of the time. If they beat the Ducks this weekend i'll very much be rooting for them to make the playoffs and win it. But there's also no team that I enjoy beating more.

That, and i'm the type of fan thats going to be confident in my team no matter the situation. I'm the fan that was predicting the Seahawks to win the Superbowl in 1993 coming off a 2-14 season. Whats the point of being a fan if you cant be confident and have some fun with it?

Oh, and i'll be yammering about my Ducks even if we get destroyed this weekend. So get used to it, or block me.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Block you? C'mon dude, just ribbing you in the way I thought would be most effective (comparing to lambs fans). It's all good. You certainly don't pull too many punches about beating UW for way too long!

edit: Oh by the way, I'm getting ready to watch UO vs WSU on the PAC-12 network over my laptop and piped into the TV over an HDMI cable (since I'm TDY in San Diego). As a Husky, I'm not sure if I should root for UO to lose, or root for WSU to lose, or root for a small meteorite strike... J/K, actually I can't root for WSU to lose. It's like rooting against your 'slow' little brother. :mrgreen:

JSeahawks

Reaction score
GeekHawk":mff6e0j5 said:
Block you? C'mon dude, just ribbing you in the way I thought would be most effective (comparing to lambs fans). It's all good. You certainly don't pull too many punches about beating UW for way too long!

Yea, you hurt me. You hurt me deep!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
HansGruber":ei5iv0yk said:
But that UW defense is FIERCE. They've got to be top 3 at worst. Then to top that off, you've got a great offense with Browning looking like the top QB in the country right now, a fantastic WR group, and depth at RB. UW is firing on all cylinders right now. They could probably beat the 49ers and Dolphins, and a couple other NFL teams.

And here in lies why I hate the Huskies. First big win in years and now Jake Browning is apparently better than any other QB in the country and can beat nfl teams :lol: :lol:

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":n2bhlss6 said:
HansGruber":n2bhlss6 said:

And here in lies why I hate the Huskies. First big win in years and now Jake Browning is apparently better than any other QB in the country and can beat nfl teams :lol: :lol:

Didnt you hear? The huskies are being promoted up to the NFL. They'll probably win the Super Bowl.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
JSeahawks":37j8qp2j said:
Hasselbeck":37j8qp2j said:
HansGruber":37j8qp2j said:

Didnt you hear? The huskies are being promoted up to the NFL. They'll probably win the Super Bowl.
Damn, coach Peterson is THAT good! I knew it. 8)

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1zysfogs said:
Hasselbeck":1zysfogs said:
HansGruber":1zysfogs said:

Please win Ducks. Please win.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":56x9yciu said:
JSeahawks":56x9yciu said:
Hasselbeck":56x9yciu said:
HansGruber":56x9yciu said:

Please win Ducks. Please win.

That's about as likely as the Ducks ever winning a championship, or being relevant without paying for players.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":xxmjwzth said:

Don't know about 'better than any other QB in the country', but... He has the best efficiency stats of any college QB in the country according to an ESPN article I read today, and was mentioned in that same article as having possibly played his way into Heisman consideration. So there is that. Plus he's a frickin' sophomore at this point, and will only get better with more experience. Sux for haters. Deal with it.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2y8m0oi6 said:
HansGruber":2y8m0oi6 said:

He who laughs last, laughs best.

:lol:

Latest posts