Sunday playoffs AND 2018 schedule on the line

mikeak

Reaction score
So obviously the big thing this Sunday is will Seattle make the playoffs

There is however one minor thing to add to that - who do we play from the NFC South in 2018

Seattle will end second in the NFC West and will play the second team from the NFC South on the road. So we will end up with either the Saints or the Panthers next year

Looks like coming second also means that we get Dallas next year but not the Eagles.

All games except the NFC South opponent are set here is the link from a week ago with two open games which is now down to one

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2017/12/19/1 ... -opponents

nrayorr

Reaction score
mikeak":22tc04fa said:
So obviously the big thing this Sunday is will Seattle make the playoffs

There is however one minor thing to add to that - who do we play from the NFC South in 2018

Seattle will end second in the NFC West and will play the second team from the NFC South on the road. So we will end up with either the Saints or the Panthers next year

Looks like coming second also means that we get Dallas next year but not the Eagles.

All games except the NFC South opponent are set here is the link from a week ago with two open games which is now down to one

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2017/12/19/1 ... -opponents

If this is indeed the case, our home schedule is going to be a tough one with possibly 6 of the 8 teams headed to the playoffs this year. SF will be much improved with JG and GB will have Rodgers back. No one will be afraid to play us at our house because we lost 4 games at the Link.

Our road games will have 2 playoff teams that we will face, those being the Rams and Carolina or the Saints (not going with Atlanta because I do not think they will beat the Panthers and I believe we will beat Arizona). So... hold on to your seats because it'll be a very challenging year for us. I have faith in the Hawks, so I am not throwing in the towel.

original poster

Reaction score
Impossible to judge how tough next year will be, things change quick in this league.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Eh this year's AFC West debacle showed we can't really know who's gonna be good next year.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
adeltaY":n315cuwm said:
Eh this year's AFC West debacle showed we can't really know who's gonna be good next year.

This^

Plus, even during a season it’s less about who you play but when you play them. Teams that faced HOU, GB, ARI without Watson, Rodgers or Palmer had a much easier time than teams that didn’t.

No need to fret right now as 2018 is a long way off.