Tarvaris Jackson wants to stay in Seattle

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
warden":24njz4ha said:
TJac was a big part of the development of this team

The 2011 draft when we drafted Carp and Moffit, the media questioned Pete's draft philosophy. Why didn't they draft Dalton or some other QB. Pete's response was "this team is not ready to plug in a rookie QB." At the time I recall we had an OL that couldn't run or pass block, and some very raw WRs. We needed to develop other players first. Tjac took an absolute beating the first 8 games and played the last 8 games hurt. The team got better as the second half of the season came we started having a consistent run game and the WRs were improving. We went 5 and 3 in the final 8 games. TJac gave us exactly what we needed, a QB who could take an absolute pounding, complete abuse from the idiot fans who couldn't understand what Pete was doing, take it all with out blaming anybody, and without hampering anybodies development. There is a reason his team mates loved him so much. They knew they where blowing assignments while they were learning. They knew he was taking all the blame for everybody's mistakes. They knew just how hurt he was. He was an ultimate teammate. Come the following year, this team was ready for a rookie to come and take over because of what they did in 2011. I have nothing but respect for the man, and I sure am glad he came back to the team and got a ring. I hope he stays on with us.

This sounds like a fantastic movie. Get all the supporting cast, get them up to speed and then bring in the star. Let the star learn his lines and then let them go on stage. Our team went on stage and Nailed it on the first try.

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

Laloosh

Reaction score
TJack in 2013: 10/13 for 151 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT, 0 sacks, 76.9% CP, 11.1 Y/A and a 140.2 passer rating.

I'll take it.

taz291819

Reaction score
Nothing against TJack, but I'd like to see us take Connor Shaw, even if he's placed on the practice squad. There is no reason we can't do what Green Bay did. Groom some QB's, and get decent picks for them in a couple of years on a trade.

MadSweeney

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":bo1seiqx said:
If I told you four years ago that a guy would rather stay as a backup in Seattle than go somewhere else for the chance at being a starter, you'd have thought I'd lost my marbles. Amazing what a Super Bowl win and a great team environment do to change perceptions. He knows he could probably be a starter elsewhere, but he'd rather stay here.

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/article/20140225/SPORTS0403/302250021
Your last sentence makes me think that you've definitely lost your marbles. He was 3rd or 4th string on Buffalo. There comes a time in every player's career when they know that their starting days are over, a fact which he is obviously admitting. TJ would be a great b/u and we know that he has the respect and friendship of the locker room for his season as a tackling dummy. Even if they hadn't won the SB, I'd lay good odds that he'd want to stay. It's a perfect fit for him.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
TJ!'s probably a bottom 10 starter in the league. Maybe a 50th percentile with the right squad around him. Top 5 backup though and a great teammate and a good man. Excellent lover.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":18mnb4wz said:
TJ!'s probably a bottom 10 starter in the league. Maybe a 50th percentile with the right squad around him. Top 5 backup though and a great teammate and a good man. Excellent lover.

Lucky.

HawkHack

Reaction score
Unless your #2 is the heir apparent, it makes sense to have him be a solid veteran guy who doesn't eat up cap space and can win a game or two if necessary.

The adjective "workmanlike" [*] applies to TJack, and that's not a bad thing. You need guys like that.

[*] One definition is: "satisfactory but not original".

theascension

Reaction score
Can we all just step back and realize that it's really starting to feel like there's a special, not entirely just business, unity behind the Seahawks? At most so far it seems like we'll be missing a few essential players and possibly only one major one (but we have a chance to keep quite a lot of them). Already our team looks like it won't altogether be much different next year, aside from more experience and confidence. I can't think of anyone else we'd like at backup, I'm sure he understands it isn't the highest paying job either.

captSE

Reaction score
Hey, TJ can take a knee as good or better than the rest of them. We definitely need him for at least a minute of EVERY game. Sign the bum.
:sarcasm_off:

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure he got vet minimum last year. But he was also paid by the Bills, so that helped. My guess is that he'll get a modest raise. It'd be well worth it IMO.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I like him and he's a great fit for us but we shouldn't pay him more than the minimum because we have to pay the people that actually play in the games. And if we actually have a shot to get a good rookie quarterback kick him out the door posthaste.