Tarvaris Jackson wants to stay in Seattle

-The Glove-

Reaction score
God forbid, Russell Wilson gets hurt. I trust TJack to bat around .500 on what would probably be the vet minimum. I'd rather have that peace of mind than save a couple coins

sutz

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":wgk83y8q said:
TJ! could win with the current roster.
Considering he went around .500 a couple of years ago with the team as it was back then, I'd bet on this being true. I'm not really saying he could take us to the next Lombardi, but he could keep the ship afloat.

People tend to devalue the backup QB. He has other duties in practice that are valuable as well. And I still like the idea of a veteran presence in the locker room.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Can we just take a moment to realize that TJack has as many rings as Brett Favre. The same Brett Favre the Vikings jerked TJack around for?

And if he stays, he's gonna get at least one more than Favre.

gargantual

Reaction score
Makes me wonder if the "Fellowship of the Ring" has a "hierarchy" where if you were riding the pine during the SB run you aren't considered to have a "true" ring. Hmmm.

I'm still convinced we're easily a playoff level team with how much improved it is over the '11 team (with Tarvaris under center). But with how great the rest of the division is now, we'd have to catch a few breaks to make it into the playoffs, maybe even as a second wildcard from the NFCW.

Throwdown

Reaction score
gargantual":3f8t1zv3 said:
Makes me wonder if the "Fellowship of the Ring" has a "hierarchy" where if you were riding the pine during the SB run you aren't considered to have a "true" ring. Hmmm.

I'm still convinced we're easily a playoff level team with how much improved it is over the '11 team (with Tarvaris under center). But with how great the rest of the division is now, we'd have to catch a few breaks to make it into the playoffs, maybe even as a second wildcard from the NFCW.

Ring is a ring, bruh, his ring will have the same look as Russell Carrington Wilson's.

zifnab32

Reaction score
Anthony!":2xxtgp09 said:
Zebulon Dak":2xxtgp09 said:

yeah win at a 500 clip

...which is exactly what you're hoping for in a backup QB. If he was good enough to go 12-4, he'd be being paid over 10 million a year to start somewhere.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Seanhawk":28ufrjym said:
Or maybe he's finally realized that he's a below average QB.

He's not a starter on a playoff team but he's definitely not a below average a QB. Name 5 better backup QB's in the NFL.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":1x4d0ln3 said:
I'd rather Daniels and the newly drafted QB (Connor Shaw / Logan Thomas anyone?) fight it out to back up RW.

I don't want an inexperienced #2 QB with a young starter. A guy like that being one snap away is frightening. I'd rather have a vet backup who you can count on to play in a tight game.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1eyyci1g said:
Agreed. How about we use our money on somebody that will actually play in the games? Pretty novel yes?

You do realize how rare it is for a QB to take all the snaps in a season right? I believe it only happened twice last year.

Subzero717

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":1s028yqq said:
MizzouHawkGal":1s028yqq said:
Agreed. How about we use our money on somebody that will actually play in the games? Pretty novel yes?

You do realize how rare it is for a QB to take all the snaps in a season right? I believe it only happened twice last year.

We can sign Christian Painter. That worked out.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":3q96ab0v said:

Win what, against who? Maybe Jacksonville, but not SF, of the better teams

Latest posts