The Hell With All Of You!

Optimus25

Reaction score
If that’s the case then what you missed was Geno being peak terrible coupled with Shane dialing up deep bombs and other misc passes unsuccessfully forcing DK into the game.

Never mind that their pro bowl caliber player hufonga just got season ending injury last week and we could have attacked there. No Shane decided to go at their best player left in the secondary for an entire half.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
We have too much talent to be this bad. Is it really just coaching or am I missing the picture here?
Nope, that's the nail on the head.

Broken record. We have a criminal amount of talent on this team that gets flushed down the toilet with startling regularity.

But at least we've got 100 ****** up pass attempts to DK to walk away from the season with.

Just horrible.

ccla

Reaction score
The crazy thing is the remedies don’t seem that complicated… throw the ball over the middle, stop abandoning the run, stop forgetting about the jumbo tight end set…

We have three tight ends who can catch. Put a wide receiver out there with a jumbo single back set and make the defense have to figure out if it’s a run or a pass. There are so many basic types of plays that just get abandoned. They don’t have to do anything insane just play fundamental creative football they have the personnel to do it but the ball never comes out fast geno never figures out the blitz before hand, they don’t use motion for anything they are one dimensional and vanilla when they could be unpredictable and rocky rhode
This is the maddening part!!!

BGHawk

Reaction score
Just kidding.

I watched the first 5 or so minutes of the game and when I saw how the 9ers walked up and down the field with our D I was done. I love this new version of me. I smell the product for a few minutes and if I don’t like it I promptly put it back.

Didn’t watch a single second of the game after. Checked the score periodically on my phone. My daughter knows not to text me unless it’s good news and she didn’t text, lol.

I just watched the highlights on Gameday Final. So I see a pick 6, a great one handed catch by JSN and that was it. About cover it?

We have too much talent to be this bad. Is it really just coaching or am I missing the picture here?
I knew we would lose this game..If you remember..we lost to the rams

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Just kidding.

I watched the first 5 or so minutes of the game and when I saw how the 9ers walked up and down the field with our D I was done. I love this new version of me. I smell the product for a few minutes and if I don’t like it I promptly put it back.

Didn’t watch a single second of the game after. Checked the score periodically on my phone. My daughter knows not to text me unless it’s good news and she didn’t text, lol.

I just watched the highlights on Gameday Final. So I see a pick 6, a great one handed catch by JSN and that was it. About cover it?

I lasted a bit longer than you. Turned it off at halftime. Dolly Parton looks great at age 77. It’s more about talent than coaching. I don’t think a different coach would beat them.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
Just kidding.

Don’t worry. They’ll clean it up this week. And when they don’t they’ll say it again next week until they clean it up.

Xxx

Reaction score
Or at least use him smart, match him up against linebackers in the middle like how Shanahan uses Deebo
Nah just keep stacking wide receivers outside and then run deep with nothing underneath. No need for motion and anything to hard to do just stay basic and run in straight lines. If anyone gets open underneath just overlook that part till DK gets behind the whole defense

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
I honestly feel it’s because we finally won the Super Bowl. I am part of the “38 Club”. I waited 38 years as a diehard to see the team finally win it all. When you are waiting almost 40 years for something incredible and incomprehensible to happen and it finally does…Man. It smooths you out for the rest of your life.

That doesn’t mean I am still any less neurotic or engaged, but you tend to not scream as much, throw things as much. At my age and weight, blood pressure is a reality so I have to be mindful of that too.

In the end, it’s just not worth it to me anymore to spend 3 hours (and beyond) yelling and screaming and being pissed off because my team isn’t meeting my expectations.

I have watched the Seahawks since inception. I’ve seen hundreds upon hundreds of games. I’ve witnessed 2-14, QBs named Kemp, Friesz, Mgwire, Mirer….And I’ve witnessed such greatness. Moments of glory. Raising the Lombardi trumps it all.

I truly believe that is how I got here.

Now it’s just a game. Just entertainment I can disengage from if I am not liking what I am seeing on my TV. I will ALWAYS be a diehard. Bleed Blue and Green until the day I die. But I just don’t have that maniacal fan chip in me anymore that makes me an unreasonable person to be around if we lose.

I’m still pissed. Mad. But it’s totally tempered now.

I found my Zen but I ain’t dead. I still get upset when we lose. It just doesn’t ruin my week like it used to.
I’m about the same. Except for the entertainment thing. Seahawks are not entertaining.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Here is my thing... yeah it's a frustrating loss... for sure!!

The 49ers are superbowl contenders.. the Hawks proved tonight they are not.

Maybe Waldron gets fired maybe Pete gets fired. Even if that happens it's not happening till the end of the season. why harp on it?

Ok... how many times does it need to be stated? I know you guys Hate Pete Carroll. I've read that 5000 times so far this year. It's permenately engraved in my memory.

But that doesn't make interesting conversation... it just doesn't. It's boring conversation. Yet where ever I go that's all I hear.

I happen to like Pete Carroll but if he gets fired then I will move on same as I did when Holmgren left.

The more interesting conversation is what do they need to do to fix it schematically. What did the niners do that shut down the Hawks? That kind of stuff...

Most people just want to vent...ok then vent away!
Hi

AubHawk71

Reaction score
Kudos, Aros, for not being afraid to turn the game off. I am in the same boat. I can't live and die by the success of the Seahawks under Pete any more, because it is an avalanche of disappointment. Or, just enough to keep you thinking something new and exciting is going to happen, when it hasn't for, well, almost 10 years now. The thing about purgatory is that you never know when it's going to end. Thus, the Pete experience 2023. He can pace up and down the sidelines smacking his gum and do the old "hands on the thighs" move to the delight of the broadcasters all he likes. Nothing will change.

morgulon1

Reaction score
And that's the problem.

You chastise people for "wrong think." trying to police the internet, And then ho-hum, Pete's fired? On to the next one. Where is the conviction? Is there a lesson learned at all at the very least?

Fix it schematically? What team have you been watching the last 14 years?

They aren't changing anything. They are going to do what they do. It's Pete's philosophy to play a certain way. Regardless of opponent. Regardless of QB, or coordinators. It's the same, with a little window dressing. Like rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic.
Or mowing your lawn in Hiroshima on August 5th.

Xxx

Reaction score
And that's the problem.

You chastise people for "wrong think." trying to police the internet, And then ho-hum, Pete's fired? On to the next one. Where is the conviction? Is there a lesson learned at all at the very least?

Fix it schematically? What team have you been watching the last 14 years?

They aren't changing anything. They are going to do what they do. It's Pete's philosophy to play a certain way. Regardless of opponent. Regardless of QB, or coordinators. It's the same, with a little window dressing. Like rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic.
I’m so tired of straightening those stupid chairs…

AubHawk71

Reaction score
I’m about the same. Except for the entertainment thing. Seahawks are not entertaining.

And that's the problem. When people complain about poor officiating, they need to realize it's not a court of law, it's entertainment. And this current version of the Seahawks is not fun to watch, because they're not underdogs, they're not underperforming as athletes, it's just frustrating. Every starting player in the NFL is super talented, some more than others maybe, but at the end of the day it's how you move your chess pieces around. Pete be playing checkers.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Or at least use him smart, match him up against linebackers in the middle like how Shanahan uses Deebo
Absolutely! I’ve been thinking that all year. Why the hell don’t they run him on shallow slant routes and out routes on third down like Lockett?

AubHawk71

Reaction score
Absolutely! I’ve been thinking that all year. Why the hell don’t they run him on shallow slant routes and out routes on third down like Lockett?

Because for whatever reason, the Seahawks are terrible on third down on both sides of the ball. Hmm, what could that reason be? What is the consistent thread for lo so many years? It ain't Bobby Wagner.