The last 30-35 yards

semiahmoo

Reaction score
hawk45":1g3kjhwg said:
Targeting Kearse can't be helping this much.
I expect that better health and a line that doesn't allow instant pressure and can also threaten to convert short yardage runs will improve matters.
I do feel like Russ, for how good he is at deep throws allowing a WR to high point balls, hasn't quite mastered getting his jump balls to Jimmy high enough.
At any rate, I file this under something to keep an eye on that is likely to improve this year IMO.

I'm all for improvement. If RW can find a way to become a more consistent redzone threat he will def. up his QB status.

His troubles in the red zone go back a ways, though and that points to his height being an issue.

Without Beast to slam it in, RW was more fully exposed as a Red Zone weakness. Add to that a crap O-Line and the team's Red Zone performance was abysmal.

hawk45

Reaction score
Whether height, red zone play design, or some combo of both we agree that a running threat and better OL is a QB's best friend. Any QB.

His troubles go back a way but so do our OL woes.

If it is height, as long as we see the improvement we expect from our stable of backs and better blocking then it's something I'm happy to live with.

Anthony!

Reaction score
semiahmoo":10hwdbhu said:
Anthony!":10hwdbhu said:
semiahmoo":10hwdbhu said:
RW has the single greatest red zone deficiency stats of any QB in the league - and it's not even close.

It's a problem for him and the team. With a more formidable run game gone from the Hawks it's an even greater problem.

Repeat - it's a problem.

So wheres the stat? sounds more like more made up crap from your agenda, in fact there is no " red zone deficiency stat" so you just made it up what a surprise. LOL Of course you could be trying to be cute and really mean efficiency but that would make you wrong as his efficiency in the RZ is far from the worst. Hmm Yeah you made it up whats new LOL

What happens when you compare QB completion percentage from inside the red zone to outside of it? This table shows the steep drop for Wilson once Seattle reaches the 20-yard line.

Red Zone vs. Non-Red Zone (2012-2016, regular season only)
Name Non Red Zone % Red Zone % Difference
Russell Wilson 66.8 51.1 15.7
Jay Cutler 64.8 51.5 13.3
Kirk Cousins 67.7 54.5 13.2
Eli Manning 63.1 50.6 12.5
Tony Romo 67.9 55.6 12.3
Ben Roethlisberger 67.2 55.2 12
Cam Newton 59.3 48.1 11.2
Joe Flacco 63.3 52.2 11.1
Derek Carr 62.1 51.5 10.6
Carson Palmer 64.1 53.6 10.5
Andy Dalton 64.8 55.7 9.1
Sam Bradford 65.8 57.1 8.7
Aaron Rodgers 66.4 58 8.4
Colin Kaepernick 60.8 52.5 8.3
Phillip Rivers 66.5 58.7 7.8
Alex Smith 66.1 58.6 7.5
Blake Bortles 59.7 52.2 7.5
Matthew Stafford 63 55.8 7.2
Matt Ryan 68.6 61.6 7
Ryan Fitzpatrick 61.1 54.4 6.7
Ryan Tannehill 63.5 57.3 6.2
Tom Brady 64.3 59.6 4.7
Drew Brees 68.2 65.5 2.7
Andrew Luck 59.5 57 2.5
Peyton Manning 66.8 64.9 1.9
Note: To qualify for this list, I included all quarterbacks who had thrown at least 200 red zone passes since 2012, so Derek Carr (200 passes) meets the minimum standard. Robert Griffin III (149 passes) would not meet the standard, and obviously neither would QBs like Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota, or Dak Prescott.

Wilson has the largest discrepancy of any qualified QB in the NFL, and it’s actually not particularly close.

ahh so you made it up like I thought great for you, except once again the real story he does not have the lowest complt % in the RZ or out side the rest is really just you doing your agenda thing as usual

Anthony!

Reaction score
hawk45":36cbjmp2 said:
I expect that better health and a line that doesn't allow instant pressure and can also threaten to convert short yardage runs will improve matters.
I do feel like Russ, for how good he is at deep throws allowing a WR to high point balls, hasn't quite mastered getting his jump balls to Jimmy high enough.
At any rate, I file this under something to keep an eye on that is likely to improve this year IMO.

Agreed Health adn Olien adn lack of run game all play a part in this and once again he was not the lowest in the RedZone or outside and so the difference between them really isnt a thing, except to someones agenda

Anthony!

Reaction score
semiahmoo":1c6yiqqd said:
hawk45":1c6yiqqd said:

I'm all for improvement. If RW can find a way to become a more consistent redzone threat he will def. up his QB status.

His troubles in the red zone go back a ways, though and that points to his height being an issue.

Without Beast to slam it in, RW was more fully exposed as a Red Zone weakness. Add to that a crap O-Line and the team's Red Zone performance was abysmal.

more garbage this made up stat does not point to height except in your agenda, it points to oline issues, where we led the league in red zone penalties last year, and oh yes without Beast not because his injuries has to be beast, LOL sorry more agenda based BS. FYI 2015 he was much better in the RZ adn that was without Best so like I said more crap.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Anthony!":207fzixn said:
hawk45":207fzixn said:

Agreed Health adn Olien adn lack of run game all play a part in this and once again he was not the lowest in the RedZone or outside and so the difference between them really isnt a thing, except to someones agenda

Agendas are for extreme zealots like yourself. There's nothing you won't say or do for your god.

You have no objectivity on the matter. Make no mistake, you're the freak. Not anyone else.

hawk45

Reaction score
Anthony he never said lowest % in the red zone. He said biggest delta between inside and out.
I don't have as much of a concern as he does but he did the work to present what I think is a worthwhile stat for comparison. I'm a huge RW fan but knee jerk dismissal of any negative RW discussion just poisons the board against RW.

Anthony!

Reaction score
hawk45":1m4vduq9 said:
Anthony he never said lowest % in the red zone. He said biggest delta between inside and out.
I don't have as much of a concern as he does but he did the work to present what I think is a worthwhile stat for comparison. I'm a huge RW fan but knee jerk dismissal of any negative RW discussion just poisons the board against RW.

Its no knee jerk it is him, and his constant need to be negative about Rw and make up a stats that no expert has ever mentioned. if the Delta had not shown what he wanted he would not have said it. That is at issue and again what does that delta tell us, it does not necessarily mean its an Rw issue, it could be an oline issue as I showed we have the most RZ oline penalties in the NFL and have been top 5 for 5 years. Also it could be drops (Kearse) or even play calling, the option it is Rw fits his agenda. Also the Delta does not prove it is a height issue which is part of his agenda. I have no problem saying RW needs to improve in areas, every QB in the league does including Brady. but to make up some singular stats that does not tell the whole story and try to use it to prove his height is an issue or some other crap is complete bs.

Anthony!

Reaction score
vin.couve12":ifkyihh7 said:
Anthony!":ifkyihh7 said:
hawk45":ifkyihh7 said:

Agendas are for extreme zealots like yourself. There's nothing you won't say or do for your god.

You have no objectivity on the matter. Make no mistake, you're the freak. Not anyone else.

LOL so now it's your other personality to the rescue what a surprise. Actually, I agree his RZ numbers are not good, I just know unlike you that there are alot of factors that play into this and to ignore them and say it is just RW is wrong except for your agenda. TO say it is his height is also BS as again no proof just your agenda no matter which personality you use.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
You know what? I'm sorry. I can't imagine that you're that old so here's some advise. When you grow up and meet a girl, it'll probably be a lot like you feel about RW right now, but you gotta reel that in for a lot of reasons. The biggest of which us your own well being, but it will also wear off. You have to take the good with the bad. She can do a whole lot perfectly, but say...if she doesn't make a very good sammich, you don't need to eat it anyway. You might just be inclined to make it yourself. A bad sammich also isn't a deal breaker. When you grow up, you'll understand more things that adults say like "don't sweat the small stuff."

hawk45

Reaction score
Anthony!":2poh8hep said:
hawk45":2poh8hep said:

Its no knee jerk it is him, and his constant need to be negative about Rw and make up a stats that no expert has ever mentioned. if the Delta had not shown what he wanted he would not have said it. That is at issue and again what does that delta tell us, it does not necessarily mean its an Rw issue, it could be an oline issue as I showed we have the most RZ oline penalties in the NFL and have been top 5 for 5 years. Also it could be drops (Kearse) or even play calling, the option it is Rw fits his agenda. Also the Delta does not prove it is a height issue which is part of his agenda. I have no problem saying RW needs to improve in areas, every QB in the league does including Brady. but to make up some singular stats that does not tell the whole story and try to use it to prove his height is an issue or some other crap is complete bs.

While there may be other factors, the fact that it happens on a shorter field makes it reasonable, I think, to discuss height.

I might agree with you that it doesn't constitute absolute proof of height vs OL or other.

hawk45

Reaction score
LOL between Siouxhawk and Anthony you'd swear we must have the best red zone offense ever because no one involved has committed sin.

Anthony!

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1xki7ft2 said:
You know what? I'm sorry. I can't imagine that you're that old so here's some advise. When you grow up and meet a girl, it'll probably be a lot like you feel about RW right now, but you gotta reel that in for a lot of reasons. The biggest of which us your own well being, but it will also wear off. You have to take the good with the bad. She can do a whole lot perfectly, but say...if she doesn't make a very good sammich, you don't need to eat it anyway. You might just be inclined to make it yourself. A bad sammich also isn't a deal breaker. When you grow up, you'll understand more things that adults say like "don't sweat the small stuff."

:pukeface:

Jville

Reaction score
This jousting back and forth reminds me of the legends of medieval times when volunteer champions stepped forward to defend the honor of kings and queens. :laugh:

Anthony!

Reaction score
hawk45":1l2r7ilj said:
LOL between Siouxhawk and Anthony you'd swear we must have the best red zone offense ever because no one involved has committed sin.

I also never said that, my point is there is no proof that height is an issue. That has been the point, that and there are alot of factors that go into RZ scoring and the QB is only one, but the certain people well actually person keeps pushing the agenda he has always pushed and that is anything that he can come up with or makeup that detract form RW.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
hawk45":1rw0do24 said:
Obviously solidifying red zone touchdown production is important, but our track record shows it's not the be-all and end-all for our team. Since we surrender the fewest points in the league, we'll gladly take the 3 instead of opting for riskier touchdown attempts that could leave us with nothing. That's predicated on the defense staying at this level.
Also, I'm with Anthony in saying there's umpteen factors that come into play in red zone breakdowns, the least of which is Russell's height.

Latest posts