The last 30-35 yards

hawk45

Reaction score
Jville":esxfbvqx said:
This jousting back and forth reminds me of the legends of medieval times when volunteer champions stepped forward to defend the honor of kings and queens. :laugh:
[emoji38]

semiahmoo

Reaction score
When he keeps the weight off Russ is a fast little dude.

I never disputed that.

The tape don't lie... ;)

Dwarf runner gif 1691569

semiahmoo

Reaction score
But seriously, Russel Wilson is an incredible athlete who has worked very hard to overcome some physical limitations - namely his size to compete in the NFL and along the way pick up a Super Bowl ring.

If he can somehow find a way to improve his red zone performance it would be a huge boost to the team's offensive abilities. Why that is a controversial statement to some who knows. I don't care.

Hoping for a great season.

hawk45

Reaction score
I was also in the camp of thinking the extra weight was a very bad idea for a QB who relied on quickness and running threat to survive his blocking.

Although last year wasn't the best sample with him getting hurt so early. To my eyes he looked pretty reasonable nimble towards the end of the season when he healed.

Still, my expectations for him this year to run are increased seeing him more trim.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
hawk45":15aoggqz said:
I was also in the camp of thinking the extra weight was a very bad idea for a QB who relied on quickness and running threat to survive his blocking.

Although last year wasn't the best sample with him getting hurt so early. To my eyes he looked pretty reasonable nimble towards the end of the season when he healed.

Still, my expectations for him this year to run are increased seeing him more trim.

Agreed!

When he showed up chunky - and he was chunky last training camp there were more than a few saying how Russ was "eating well." (One guy said Ciara must be a high calorie meal.)

It's when I saw some on the team razzing Russ about his weight I knew it was a real problem. He looked sluggish. He was throwing different - the added weight was a bad-bad idea.

Now he's looking much leaner. Hoping that converts to helping he avoid injury and putting up big #s - including the red zone.

mrt144

Reaction score
With the ouster of Kearse we can see how our RZ does with fresh blood and a new variable in the mix.

Got my sights on Bevell next. ;)

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Siouxhawk":190mqr1h said:
hgwellz12":190mqr1h said:
Now Bevell on the other hand...

:stirthepot:
... is the perfect fit for this team.

Okay. I need you to explain to me how this whole "BevDar" device you seem to possess works. I could use something like that on another website that shall remain nameless. And don't tell me you don't have one, because that shit would actually be even more disturbing. Is it some type of html code? Java? What's the happs, mane?

mrt144

Reaction score
hgwellz12":lpcm6v1a said:
Siouxhawk":lpcm6v1a said:
hgwellz12":lpcm6v1a said:
Now Bevell on the other hand...

:stirthepot:
... is the perfect fit for this team.

Okay. I need you to explain to me how this whole "BevDar" device you seem to possess works. I could use something like that on another website that shall remain nameless. And don't tell me you don't have one, because that shit would actually be even more disturbing. Is it some type of html code? Java? What's the happs, mane?

+1 for what's the happs, mane

hawk45

Reaction score
mrt144":3ipllxju said:
With the ouster of Kearse we can see how our RZ does with fresh blood and a new variable in the mix.

Stoked about the fact that now Russ has no choice but to throw to Doug, lockett, JG, Prich in the red zone. Guys we want targeted in other words. Hell add McEvoy and Vannette to that list.

Anthony!

Reaction score
hawk45":2pad2uvc said:
mrt144":2pad2uvc said:

Stoked about the fact that now Russ has no choice but to throw to Doug, lockett, JG, Prich in the red zone. Guys we want targeted in other words. Hell add McEvoy and Vannette to that list.

WILLIAMS

hawk45

Reaction score
Anthony!":1wzgr1ue said:
hawk45":1wzgr1ue said:
mrt144":1wzgr1ue said:

WILLIAMS

Crap, I missed that one :)

You're right about that.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
mrt144":2qjqbrg6 said:

Sure, you'll have your sights on him in our Super Bowl parade. All he does is win.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
hawk45":2bz4ny6a said:
mrt144":2bz4ny6a said:

McEvoy has a great set of hands and is a tall lanky target that takes up a lot of space.

Would love to see him in the mix more.

chris98251

Reaction score
Why is that Graham is 6'7 and doesn't get targeted, were probably going to use McKissic there. They won't see it coming and he can fake being the power back and split out.

mrt144

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":31olebiy said:
mrt144":31olebiy said:

Sure, you'll have your sights on him in our Super Bowl parade. All he does is win.

You ever been to a Superbowl Parade?

cymatica

Reaction score
hawk45":36qqhuy1 said:
mrt144":36qqhuy1 said:

"The other team expects that. No, we will bring in an extra lineman as an eligible reciever and run him on a slant", - D.B.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
mrt144":1m58q29s said:
Siouxhawk":1m58q29s said:
mrt144":1m58q29s said:

Never had the fortune to be at one in person.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":n0bk6v3w said:
mrt144":n0bk6v3w said:

Really? So he was with the Patriots in SB49? With the Panthers in 2015 and Falcons last season. Cause all he does is win...as you say.

mrt144

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1dsywtwd said:
mrt144":1dsywtwd said:
Siouxhawk":1dsywtwd said:
mrt144":1dsywtwd said:

Never had the fortune to be at one in person.

You'd likely be one of a handful of people able to pick out Bevell from the sea of players and coaches on each duck. And with good reason, not very many fans have an altar to the OC in their living room that they worship at 5 times a day.

Tell ya what, if the Seahawks win the SB this year, I'll take pics for you of Bevell if I can pick him out of the crowd and you can add them to the shrine and we'll both be happy.

Latest posts