The last 30-35 yards

Anthony!

Reaction score
semiahmoo":24g512as said:
vin.couve12":24g512as said:
It's so ridiculously sad. Height plays a part. It's impossible for it not to. Obviously there are other factors. It doesn't change the fact that RW is a top 5ish QB when healthy and especially a good running game to help. Indeed, he'll probably hoist another Lombardi trophy. Maybe even more.

Why the need to deny the truth as if RW is the most perfect human alive? Why worship a man so much that you can't even admit something like mathematics? Why do I ask stupid questions to beleivers? N/m....

Well said.

RW is an elite athlete no doubt and when all the pieces are working, a very good QB.

Unfortunately those pieces haven't been in place the last few seasons and last year we were a paper tiger team big time.

You hit on it - RW needs a legit run threat from the backfield. Without that, his weaknesses are exposed.

He is leaner this season which is great - but from what I saw at camp and preseason, he doesn't really look much faster than his heavier version coming into last season. He's older and not the lightning-quick scrambler he once was which makes his need to have someone to dump the ball off to in a power run game even more important.

Without that he will struggle to help lead the team to a legit playoff run.

Hmm interesting how you to always play off each other HMMM

Seymour

Reaction score
Put them side by side at the same distance from the camera and you have a different result.

131125wilson600.jpg

vin.couve12

Reaction score
You, ACF, and Sioux should never be in the same place at the same time with idols and a lamb. That'd be far too much crazy in one place for the universe not to explode.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Same 2 guys who talk junk about Wilson, over and over and over and over again.
Oh well, I'll do the exact opposite over and over and over again. What's sad is that anyone actually STILL think his height is a factor. It seems like you guys flat out WANT him to fail just so you can pump your chests out and feel better.

Change the record :roll:

semiahmoo

Reaction score
vin.couve12":25gjbvey said:
You, ACF, and Sioux should never be in the same place at the same time with idols and a lamb. That'd be far too much crazy in one place for the universe not to explode.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You make a good point.
A real fan doesn't idolize.
RW has been great no doubt.
He also needs to improve if he hopes to regain his former position as a top 5 QB in the league.

Funny how that statement is so controversial to some in here.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Regardless how much he "improves" it won't be good enough for you so.........
It's entertaining at the least. Oh well, Go Hawks!

Anthony!

Reaction score
semiahmoo":1va5qpn5 said:
vin.couve12":1va5qpn5 said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You make a good point.
A real fan doesn't idolize.
RW has been great no doubt.
He also needs to improve if he hopes to regain his former position as a top 5 QB in the league.

Funny how that statement is so controversial to some in here.

Of course he does LOL I think it is obvious why too LOL

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Next to six-foot-one Cody Kessler.

I didn't tower over Russ quite this much, but it was similar. I was shocked how short he really is. This was a few years back at TC. Got to shake his hand. (Huge!) He took a little time out to talk to my daughter. Super nice young man.

He plays big though!

[tweet]https://twitter.com/USC_Athletics/status/620710527136718848[/tweet]

semiahmoo

Reaction score
As for the original post - YES, RW's height is a red zone issue for us.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":29cm6yhw said:
And wasnt Jimmy the third-most targeted receiver on the team last year?.

Since we are talking about the red zone...

Graham's targets 2016 (by a significant margin his worst, non-injury, year)
- Inside the twenty - 20
- Inside the ten - 3
- Inside the five - 2

Baldwin's
- Inside the twenty - 16
- Inside the ten - 7
- Inside the five - 3

Richardson's
- Inside the twenty - 4
- Inside the ten - 3
- Inside the five - 2

Seriously, one of the best, all-time red zone threats, and you can't target him more from inside the 10 than Paul freakin Richardson? You don't take a 10 million per year cap hit on a guy just to have him as a decoy in the red zone.

And yes, I'm certain Wilson's height makes this more difficult for him than for a taller QB of equal skill. It's going to be harder to see Graham over the middle than to see the back corner routes and throw there. Not impossible, just harder. Simple geometry.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I think the team focus has been on Russ becoming a highly skilled, veteran type redzone decision maker, and his hard work in this area will pay dividends this year. To get things opened up in the short term, I think all we need is for Russ to run for a few TD's in the Redzone. That threat opens things up down there real quick, I think the lack of that (due in large part to injury last year) explains the dropoff/lack of progression in the redzone. Once we get that going, we'll then see all of this new redzone scheming and Russ's focus/work payoff, big time.

Seymour

Reaction score
semiahmoo":1xvi6or0 said:

I didn't tower over Russ quite this much, but it was similar. I was shocked how short he really is. This was a few years back at TC. Got to shake his hand. (Huge!) He took a little time out to talk to my daughter. Super nice young man.

He plays big though!

I have shown and proven he is within 1 inch of Brees. What are Brees's redzone issues again please?

Just stop with the BS / diversions / rhetoric please.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
No one here wants RW to fail. Stating a simple fact is not an attack on RW. Don't fall to extreme, almost crying arguments on what is not an attack.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Seymour":129ukex2 said:
semiahmoo":129ukex2 said:

He plays big though!

I have shown and proven he is within 1 inch of Brees. What are Brees's redzone issues again please?

Just stop with the BS / diversions / rhetoric please.

LOL good luck with that, he will never stop

semiahmoo

Reaction score
bigskydoc":35l5p6g3 said:
Siouxhawk":35l5p6g3 said:

- Inside the twenty - 20
- Inside the ten - 3
- Inside the five - 2

Baldwin's
- Inside the twenty - 16
- Inside the ten - 7
- Inside the five - 3

Richardson's
- Inside the twenty - 4
- Inside the ten - 3
- Inside the five - 2

Seriously, one of the best, all-time red zone threats, and you can't target him more from inside the 10 than Paul freakin Richardson? You don't take a 10 million per year cap hit on a guy just to have him as a decoy in the red zone.

And yes, I'm certain Wilson's height makes this more difficult for him than for a taller QB of equal skill. It's going to be harder to see Graham over the middle than to see the back corner routes and throw there. Not impossible, just harder. Simple geometry.

Great post.
Hopefully this is the season Big Jimmy and Little Russ finally click.
If they do the results could be YUGE!

Anthony!

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1omoin1l said:
No one here wants RW to fail. Stating a simple fact is not an attack on RW. Don't fall to extreme, almost crying arguments on what is not an attack.

except its not a fact just your and your alter ego opinion

Anthony!

Reaction score
semiahmoo":tb8vqev6 said:
bigskydoc":tb8vqev6 said:
Siouxhawk":tb8vqev6 said:

- Inside the twenty - 20
- Inside the ten - 3
- Inside the five - 2

Baldwin's
- Inside the twenty - 16
- Inside the ten - 7
- Inside the five - 3

Richardson's
- Inside the twenty - 4
- Inside the ten - 3
- Inside the five - 2

Great post.
Hopefully this is the season Big Jimmy and Little Russ finally click.
If they do the results could be YUGE!

Ahh the attempted dig "Little Russ", once again you can have an opinion but realize you have no facts to support it,