This place is toxic

renofox

Reaction score
Maybe it would be easier if one didn't expect the rest of the world to think exactly like oneself?

Mouthing "tolerance" while expecting uniformity of thought is a widespread mental disorder.

Accepting that other people differ in thought and expression and saying "whatever" has the advantage of removing a lot of stress from one's life.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Maybe it would be easier if one didn't expect the rest of the world to think exactly like oneself?

Mouthing "tolerance" while expecting uniformity of thought is a widespread mental disorder.

Accepting that other people differ in thought and expression and saying "whatever" has the advantage of removing a lot of stress from one's life.
I agree.

Great post.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I’m on a few different sites and this site is easily the best. There will always be outliers who try to ruin things for everyone but this is far and away the best one I’m a part of. I’d argue that it’s surprising how civil it’s stayed considering the circumstances and how polarizing the Seahawks can be.

We can all get emotional and I’ve apologized to someone on here just recently and I also had someone apologize to me which was cool.

hope you come back
I am on this site and Bears site. I have good friends on the Bears site, but by this point in the season, we all know what the others are thinking before they write a word.

What I like about this site is the large membership and diversity of views. I don’t mind negatives so long as backed up with a reasonable argument. It is just nonsensical bitching that gets tiresome, but I understand. I’ve done my share on the Bears board about Getsy. LOL

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
The defense sucks, the offense sucks, the special teams sucks, the coaching sucks and quite honestly the fans suck....adios amigos you people are crazy and suck, you all make it unfun to watch, follow this team, or even be a fan, you all are know it all pricks and this place is trash. l earlier this season, so no offense taken .
Telegram for Mongo...

Sorry you have experienced the same that I did, but maybe a little, all be it ancient, Saturday Night Live will cheer you up?

Best regards to you, sir!

Ozzy

Reaction score
I am on this site and Bears site. I have good friends on the Bears site, but by this point in the season, we all know what the others are thinking before they write a word.

What I like about this site is the large membership and diversity of views. I don’t mind negatives so long as backed up with a reasonable argument. It is just nonsensical bitching that gets tiresome, but I understand. I’ve done my share on the Bears board about Getsy. LOL
Good point and just because someone disagrees with someone it doesn’t mean they’re toxic or negative. I think in today’s binary world everything has become an us vs them.

I’ve been critical of Geno but I don’t think people who are pro Geno are toxic we just disagree. As long as it doesn’t get personal we can still have fun with it. Geno had a great game against Dallas and I expect the pro Geno crowd to run it in a little in good fun.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score

this should be a sticky. forever. Post of the day, lobbying for post of the year.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
If you can't have fun watching a game, you shouldn't be watching the game.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
meh, this place is tame. It has no bearing or effect on your life. Fans are passionate about their team. Id wager if we all got together in person it would a great time and hilarity would ensue. Relax.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
as long as we're calling out unacceptable hate and bigotry I'll stick around, but yes, this is the public, we are all part of it

strohmin

Reaction score

Lol this is true but at the same time we have to understand how the OP feels about this place and tolerate their opinion as well.

renofox

Reaction score
Lol this is true but at the same time we have to understand how the OP feels about this place and tolerate their opinion as well.
True. I have no problem with the OP expressing his views.

I was just reacting to this portion:

you all make it unfun to watch, follow this team, or even be a fan, you all are know it all pricks and this place is trash. F8ck off!

If you allow others to get under your skin and take away your enjoyment because, in your view, they're posting toxic crap, imo you're doing it wrong.

Then again, I have an annoying tendency to offer unsolicited advice in an effort to induce constructive self-reflection. My bad.

Okieseahawk

Reaction score
The defense sucks, the offense sucks, the special teams sucks, the coaching sucks and quite honestly the fans suck....adios amigos you people are crazy and suck, you all make it unfun to watch, follow this team, or even be a fan, you all are know it all pricks and this place is trash. F8ck off!
Nah, been a fan since 76. This current team and coaching staff deserve the negativity. I think most of us are positive until same old bag of beans presents itself. Luv Pete but I doubt he turns this mess around anytime soon despite the years of patience. Lots of true fans here just keeping it real. Cmon 2024 Draft.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Good point and just because someone disagrees with someone it doesn’t mean they’re toxic or negative. I think in today’s binary world everything has become an us vs them.

I’ve been critical of Geno but I don’t think people who are pro Geno are toxic we just disagree. As long as it doesn’t get personal we can still have fun with it. Geno had a great game against Dallas and I expect the pro Geno crowd to run it in a little in good fun.
Geno is like Goff and Dak. They all do some things well, but have limitations. As fans, we can be pro/con based on what traits we focus on.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score

Epidemic of narcissism I tell ya. Solopsism. Motivated me to start writing a book on it.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
True. I have no problem with the OP expressing his views.

I was just reacting to this portion:

If you allow others to get under your skin and take away your enjoyment because, in your view, they're posting toxic crap, imo you're doing it wrong.

Then again, I have an annoying tendency to offer unsolicited advice in an effort to induce constructive self-reflection. My bad.
It all starts with the ego. A useful and often tormenting fiction.