This place is toxic

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I like how a fans perception is how they believe everybody else should fan.

Human beings perceive things differently. If somebody can't handle that, they are in for a long, difficult life.

The Hawks have been stuck in such a vicious cycle for so long (decent to great regular seasons, but post season failures) that most fans are starting to grasp the big picture.

jeremiah

Reaction score
It's just how the modern world is. Every social site, every... anything. Get into tribes, trend towards polarized viewpoints, etc.

I still find some usage in posting, but mainly to organize my thoughts by sharing my own views than actually conversate these days. Most of it isn't in good faith.

I erase half my posts, because I prove myself wrong and evolve my own viewpoint when trying to justify my arguments through research. I wouldn't know as much about the game without that process.
As do I, there is not hatred towards the Franchise, or the players/coach. It is a game meant to be won every week. The franchise is poorly served by the Coach. I don't think things will change unless they get a new owner first. Like any sport franchise, it starts at the top.

warden

Reaction score
with threads like JSN is garbage and the Huskies are over rated

Comments like the Huskies are the worst 12 and 0 team in history are just fine examples of how toxic this place is

There are too many that just want to call someone out

Too many here that are absolutely clueless when it comes to the inner workings of the NFL

There are too many here that do not not show any appreciation because they don’t understand just how hard it is and that the other team gets paid too

Unfortunately these football challenged people are dominating net causing it to be toxic

I just come here to laugh at them

pittpnthrs

Reaction score

Comments like the Huskies are the worst 12 and 0 team in history are just fine examples of how toxic this place is

Too many here that are absolutely clueless when it comes to the inner workings of the NFL

There are too many here that do not not show any appreciation because they don’t understand just how hard it is and that the other team gets paid too

Unfortunately these football challenged people are dominating net causing it to be toxic

Whew. I was wondering when the guy who thinks he's the smartest person in the room was going to show up.

knownone

Reaction score
I watched the Cowboys game at my wife's holiday party. There were about 15 of us diehards in one room. The general vibe during and after the game was primarily astonishment that the Seahawks were hanging with the Cowboys in an enjoyable game and, ultimately, disappointment that the Hawks kept coming up short in pivotal games. Overall, it was a very positive experience.

Contrast that with here, where we have posts advocating for Pete to be "tarred and feathered," and it's obvious why some might classify this place as toxic. Navigating this forum is a profoundly negative experience, even after a win.

Stop rationalizing negative behavior because of how the team is performing. How you behave is your choice. The Seahawks have nothing to do with it.

renofox

Reaction score
I watched the Cowboys game at my wife's holiday party. There were about 15 of us diehards in one room. The general vibe during and after the game was primarily astonishment that the Seahawks were hanging with the Cowboys in an enjoyable game and, ultimately, disappointment that the Hawks kept coming up short in pivotal games. Overall, it was a very positive experience.

Contrast that with here, where we have posts advocating for Pete to be "tarred and feathered," and it's obvious why some might classify this place as toxic. Navigating this forum is a profoundly negative experience, even after a win.

Stop rationalizing negative behavior because of how the team is performing. How you behave is your choice. The Seahawks have nothing to do with it.
I'm kinda with you but for a game to be enjoyable and entertaining for me there must be at least a semblance of defense.

@Cowboys was putrid on that side of the ball.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
No one forces anyone to read what's on .net. Skipping through much of it is easy to do. Fans are just too emotionally invested in this stuff nowadays. I treat .net like the nfl..its entertainment! Don't let it ruin your day...but that last game kind of still ruined my day lol.
Isn't this supposed to be a place to come to and ENJOY SOME comradery, shoot the shit and have SOME sort of FEEL-GOOD when ya leave here?
IF it weren't for the flag-day, that game was actually entertaining, there were some really great plays made by the Offense >THIS TIME< and some not so 'great Plays' by the Defense....In spite of the CLOSE LOSS, I'm hoping for a more complete TEAM showing.
I get that some just can't seem to claw their way out of the despair-ditch, (Blow it all to hell and start from scratch) but why do they insist on trying to drag others down with them?
I don't know about most of y'alls' lives away from the Big Screens & monitors, I suspect that because my own Lifes' road has a lot of twist, turns, Up's and Downs, that it likely parallels a whole lot of you, but I find some reprieve in my Fandom...Any and all Positives I can find Here AND there, kind of smoothes out the rough ride I'm on.
I don't know, maybe it's just me being an oldster that makes me appreciate & savor the little victories more.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Yeah. Even in this page, there is denial when the team is winning.
7 straight years of mediocrity?
Five years ago and four years ago, the team went 11-5 and 12-4 respectively.

And they played some exciting, not mediocre football less than 3 days ago.
8 years. 3 total playoff wins each in a different year. Soon to be 9 years. We are not a contender And we are not building a contender. We are biding time until PC is fire/retired. Until then? No hope.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
If you can't take "toxic" and "negative" words on a gd message board for what it is, and feel the need to step away for your own mental health then, by all means, step. ESPECIALLY if said "toxicity" triggers you to the point of typing up a whiny post berating and cussing the members of the same message board announcing your departure, as if folk are gonna beg you to stay. "Yikes".

HawkFreak

Reaction score
8 years. 3 total playoff wins each in a different year. Soon to be 9 years. We are not a contender And we are not building a contender. We are biding time until PC is fire/retired. Until then? No hope.
The level of football purgatory that the Hawks are currently in feels more like hell.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
LOLOL, Need some cheese to go with that whine?

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
I'm kinda with you but for a game to be enjoyable and entertaining for me there must be at least a semblance of defense.

@Cowboys was putrid on that side of the ball.
Stop being so damn negative. You're ruining the fan experience and a bunch of other nonsensical shit! You suck! Know it all! F8ck off!

🤣

HawkFreak

Reaction score
You trying to make more members leave this place or something? Knock it off!
I'm sorry.

Sometimes they just spill out here because I start feeling like this is a safe place with others feeling the same.

I will continue to work on trying to regulate my football feelings.

Ozzy

Reaction score

Yeah man I think normal threads far outweigh those types. Also saying the huskies are overrated isn’t toxic(I completely disagree with that by the way).

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Lol. You are one of the biggest culprits for the thread subject. You just cannot handle people having a different opinion than you hence replies like that.
OMG!! Yeah, like I, or ANYONE ELSE would ever expect YOU the "Master Sniveler" to CONTRIBUTE something POSITIVE to ANYTHING Seahawks. HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!
I don't know how it would even be possible, but I BELIEVE that you could actually find a way to get even worse.
TRUTH: YOU are one, IF NOT the MOST BUMMERITES I've EVER seen on .NET
Question; Can you even walk by someone eating a bowl of cereal without whipping it out & p*ssing?
Never mind, EVERYONE here already knows the answer.

Last edited: