Votes: 7 9.3%
  • 2) Throwbacks

Votes: 44 58.7%
  • 3) A variation of both

Votes: 24 32.0%

• Total voters

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I didn't like the 2002-2011 colors, but I liked the since-2012 colors and the corresponding uniform and helmet designs from the first time I saw them, and until yesterday, I wanted the Seahawks to stay with them. When I went to my first Seahawks home game in 2019 after having been a fan for over 43 years, I made a point of wearing something in the since-2012 colors (my Seahawks-logo cap) to represent the current (Carroll-Schneider) run of success and something in the original colors (my throwback Zorn home jersey) to represent the earlier years.
Until Sunday, I thought the Seahawks had made the right choice with the logo evolution and the move to new uniform designs.
The thing is that until these "throwbacks" came along, I had never thought about how the original-color uniforms might have evolved with time, so I was comparing the since-2012 uniforms with recollections, images, and videos of unforms from the '70s, '80s, and '90s, which would look out-of-place and a little goofy today.

Because I think what first attracted me, then a seven-year-old kid in Maine, to the Seahawks was their uniforms, and because I suffer from major much-more-general-than-just-football '70s and '80s nostalgia, I had wished for some time before it was possible (because of the one-helmet-color-per-team rule that was recently changed) for the the Seahawks to have original-color throwbacks. I was happy when throwbacks were announced, but I didn't want them to be anything more than a special treat once or maybe twice a season.

Now having seen on Sunday what could have been if the Seahawks had kept the original colors but kept updating uniform designs within that original color scheme, I actually prefer the "throwbacks" to the since-2012 colors and wish the Seahawks could go to those original-color, modern-design uniforms we saw Sunday as their regular home-game uniforms. I'd also like them to move to original-colors-on-white away versions.

That was a minor surprise for me from this week.

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
I was soooo excited to see them play in TB yesterday and what I saw exceeded all my expectations. Absolutely loved the feel...like using a favorite blanket next to the fireplace. So my heart voted for TB...but my head knows that it will lose it's special feeling over time if that happens, which it won't.

So reality is 1-2 games a season is probably the right answer that I didn't vote for.

sutz

Reaction score
I wonder how much of this love of the throwbacks is just folks being tired with the current unis and wanting a change, any change. :LOL:

I'd love to go back to the old color scheme myself, it really popped.

I was never a huge fan of the unicolor look that took over the league a few years back, but we won so many games in them I came to appreciate them. I did like the blue over gray look we played in the week before. Doesn't pop like the royal blue, but it was pretty classy IMO. I like the contrast, much like the white over blue combo we won the SB in, and it's not just that. I just prefer the contrasting jerseys/pants look better. But that's just my opinion.

seabowl

Reaction score
As I said, in another thread, the throwbacks, when they were playing bad at points yesterday brought back some not so fond memories. I’d rather keep the new ones and wrap the hawk around the sleeve.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I voted a variation of both. But, what is that variation? Original colors? Yes. Sleeve hawks? Yes. Menacing Seahawk? Yes. So my variation involves more of the old and less of the new.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Both. We can't live in the past, but we can certainly pay respect and fond homage to.it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The NFL is getting rid of their one helmet rule, so even if we can only wear the throwbacks a couple times a year there's no reason they can't use the helmet as much as they want. Even full time.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Those silver helmets looked so sweet in the sunshine. The 2023 version is much cleaner and sharper than the originals.

The point made above about what that uniform progression could’ve looked like is interesting. A version with vintage blue top/bottom would’ve been legit in my mind.

OP
OP
Seahawker

Seahawker

Reaction score
I voted for the throwbacks but as others have said I like the idea of retro uniforms with the newer logo too. Either or.
Damn those old schools looked great!

CPHawk

Reaction score
I’d like a nice blend of both. Silver helmet, with new school style jersey. And the new school logo on the helmet. Maybe do like the chargers, and have an old school blue jersey and darker new school jersey throughout the year.

Threedee

Reaction score
I love the new uniforms, but, I hate the blue helmets. I'd be down for the silver helmets. Perhaps roll with the complete throwback on TNF and special occasions.

907 MILITIA

Reaction score
I’m praying for the throwback colors with new logo and flare!!! Is this even a possibility to change back to?