Time to protest Bevell/Cable!!!!!

ludakrishna

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":259xfoxs said:
ludakrishna":259xfoxs said:
AgentDib":259xfoxs said:
We lost a single road game at Lambeau by 8 points with a couple of significant calls that went against us. If you need some outside perspective about spoiled fan bases just read what many Patriot fans are saying this week about Tom Brady. I don't think Hawks fans are that bad yet but it's getting close.

The attitude in this post is whats wrong with Seattle. It doesn't matter how much they lost by, they lost. What's more important is the way they lost. Zero competence on the OLine. With reference to NE, that attitude has brought them 5 SB trophys. The fanbase and the media call out the organization at first sight of crap play. In Seattle, the media is worried about losing their media passes and thus snowflakes every problem. Calling crap, crap is not a sign of a spoiled fanbase.

There isn't a thing in that paragraph that you can prove.

We had embarrassing games in 2013, too. People watching the Carolina opener and the Houston game (both of which we won) were still predicting the OL would eventually end the season.

It was Week 1, on the road, against a defense that practically everyone severely underestimated.

I can't prove zero competence on the OL?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I agree, you guys should go stand outside the VMAC and protest.........cause it means you won't be here.

Wartooth

Reaction score
Start boycotting the home games, don't go, stop buying their merchandise.
Nothing gets the attention of ownership like a hit to their wallet.
It's the only weapon a disgruntled fan base has.
But, we all know that won't happen...
Face it, it's not looking like anyone is being held responsible for the same problems year after year.
The only way anything changes is when Pete is gone, or they get better position coaches.
The latter should of happened this off season, the former may be sooner than expected!

randomation

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":338idx0y said:
Seymour":338idx0y said:
As long as we keep making the playoffs, they will continue to hang on by the skin of their nuts. It would take the players to revolt IMO, and that didn't work out too well for Sherman.
Or maybe the players have no qualms with the coaches because they understand that the plan will work if executed properly.

You literally cannot be this blind you have to be either Bevell or his mother.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Yes, I will grudgingly accept the problems of being the only team in the NFC to win a playoff game 5 years in a row.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
randomation":2ctgwp3f said:
Siouxhawk":2ctgwp3f said:
Seymour":2ctgwp3f said:
As long as we keep making the playoffs, they will continue to hang on by the skin of their nuts. It would take the players to revolt IMO, and that didn't work out too well for Sherman.
Or maybe the players have no qualms with the coaches because they understand that the plan will work if executed properly.

Prove me wrong. I, on the other hand, can document Doug saying a few weeks ago that he highly respects Bev because he gets the maximum out of each and every player.

mikeak

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2qang24f said:
Seymour":2qang24f said:

THIS!!!

I so wish there were any kind of indications that players in the locker room have been upset with the coaches over the last few years.......

:sarcasm_off:

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
mikeak":knzcid1i said:
Siouxhawk":knzcid1i said:
Seymour":knzcid1i said:

THIS!!!

I so wish there were any kind of indications that players in the locker room have been upset with the coaches over the last few years.......

:sarcasm_off:
... and that would be ... Sherm? In all actuality, though, he wasn't actually complaining about a coach. He was complaining about passing on the 1. Or a zone scheme that was missed on defense, resulting in a surrendered touchdown. See the difference? He was talking about in-the-moment-of-the-game particulars.
This always seems to be missed as the pack mentality likes to feed their own narrative.

AgentDib

Reaction score
ludakrishna":2ins7mh4 said:
The fanbase and the media call out the organization at first sight of crap play. In Seattle, the media is worried about losing their media passes and thus snowflakes every problem. Calling crap, crap is not a sign of a spoiled fanbase.
I think this idea that you need to be "tough" on the team to keep them honest is childish and overly self important. Lack of effort is not the problem with this team, and they're not going to be playing any harder vs. the 49ers because they want to avoid ludakrishna saying something negative about them on an internet forum. There's nothing laudable about impotent venting.

ludakrishna":2ins7mh4 said:
It doesn't matter how much they lost by, they lost.
Easily my least favorite sports old wives fable and I doubt you actually believe it. It is common to have bad outcomes from good decisions and good outcomes from bad decisions. The uncertainty in life and the NFL is what makes them interesting. When you decide to only judge things based on outcomes you are throwing away nearly all of the information at your disposal. If we won with a poor showing from the OL would you say it only matters that we won?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
ludakrishna":2m1ykovg said:
MontanaHawk05":2m1ykovg said:
ludakrishna":2m1ykovg said:
AgentDib":2m1ykovg said:
We lost a single road game at Lambeau by 8 points with a couple of significant calls that went against us. If you need some outside perspective about spoiled fan bases just read what many Patriot fans are saying this week about Tom Brady. I don't think Hawks fans are that bad yet but it's getting close.

The attitude in this post is whats wrong with Seattle. It doesn't matter how much they lost by, they lost. What's more important is the way they lost. Zero competence on the OLine. With reference to NE, that attitude has brought them 5 SB trophys. The fanbase and the media call out the organization at first sight of crap play. In Seattle, the media is worried about losing their media passes and thus snowflakes every problem. Calling crap, crap is not a sign of a spoiled fanbase.

There isn't a thing in that paragraph that you can prove.

We had embarrassing games in 2013, too. People watching the Carolina opener and the Houston game (both of which we won) were still predicting the OL would eventually end the season.

It was Week 1, on the road, against a defense that practically everyone severely underestimated.

I can't prove zero competence on the OL?

Not with Week 1 as your only sample size, no, not legitimately. Players develop.

I'm not high on Rees developing, but he's an injury replacement. Cable didn't have him starting in the original lineup. Tough luck there.

Seymour

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":11ccvyb0 said:
randomation":11ccvyb0 said:
Siouxhawk":11ccvyb0 said:
Seymour":11ccvyb0 said:

Prove me wrong. I, on the other hand, can document Doug saying a few weeks ago that he highly respects Bev because he gets the maximum out of each and every player.

Now Bevell gets the maximum out of every player?

Is Jimmy Graham considered a player?

Is 5 carries for 3 yards all Lacy has to give??

Good God.....this is a whole new level of poison in the punch bowl. :pukeface: :pukeface:

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":29ph62zv said:
I agree, you guys should go stand outside the VMAC and protest.........cause it means you won't be here.

Whoa, don't cut yourself on all that edge.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
That's exactly what Doug said.

Jimmy was targeted 7 times Sunday, twice in the end zone. He had an off game, but he'll rebound.

I think they pulled the plug on Lacy early and gave Carson center stage. But you saw it, the run game just couldn't develop with our inconsistent line play.

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
With everything going on in the world, leave it up to people from Seattle to suggest protesting something like this LMAO

First world problems indeed.

Jville

Reaction score
seabowl":3pdqdqtc said:
I know this may be a little crazy but does anyone think that fans (us) would ever consider doing some form of a protest of the ineptitude of Bevell/Cable etc... Whether it's banners at the game or as they did once in NY fly a plane over Jets practice with a banner saying "Fire Idzik". I don't know about anyone else here but I'm fed up with what has gone on with the offensive ineptness with Bevell/Cable and the line the last few years.

Anyone else in because....

I'm in!!!!

I'll respectfully pass on protests and riots and anarchy and such.

And although this might sound equally crazy, perhaps a trade of teams would disarm local discontent. How about a trade of the Seahawks to Cleveland in exchange for a Browns to Seattle exchange. I would think that would make a lot of Cleveland fans ecstatic.

Cleveland, Green Bay, Seattle, wherever ...... doesn't matter any more where the Seahawks play .... "I'M IN"

Seymour

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3t0e46dm said:
That's exactly what Doug said.

Jimmy was targeted 7 times Sunday, twice in the end zone. He had an off game, but he'll rebound.

I think they pulled the plug on Lacy early and gave Carson center stage. But you saw it, the run game just couldn't develop with our inconsistent line play.

Doesn't matter Doug said it. If it is a clear load of crap which is obvious to 99.99% of everyone watching....then you need to understand you are being fed a load of garbage before wondering why you have indigestion.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Pats fans whining about losing one game are doing exactly that. Hawks fans fed up with the same immobile offense have the right after last year, to have expected change this time around. The complaints are not only because we lost to the Packers in Green Bay, they are because of the pattern. I'm willing to wait it out, but there's no reason we should not be up by three scores on the Niners at half time on Sunday. If we are under 10 points, expect people to be pissed. I will be one. I'll never boycott the team, but I will certainly wish I could and understand those who do. It's fricking hard to watch, yo.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2xqe16g7 said:
Seymour":2xqe16g7 said:

Of course that is the reason why Earl was grumbling about the playing time disparity between the O and the D after the GB game. :roll:

I appreciate your support for the O coaches though it's laudable notwithstanding the diminishing returns from the O.

DJrmb

Reaction score
jammerhawk":vtaq8prk said:
Siouxhawk":vtaq8prk said:
Seymour":vtaq8prk said:

Of course that is the reason why Earl was grumbling about the playing time disparity between the O and the D after the GB game. :roll:

I appreciate your support for the O coaches though it's laudable notwithstanding the diminishing returns from the O.
That is not true. Earl was not grumbling about that at all. He said "it's been this way for 8 years" as to not give the defense any excuses, and as to call the defense to step up and be even better. Not as a complaint about the offense. That's why it was reported that afterwards in the locker room he was seen explaining exactly that to Michael Bennett (who was reportedly complaining about being on the field too much).

Earl gets it... I'm not saying the offense should completely suck like they did most of last Sunday but the defense is the unit that is Paid to be the Elite unit. Earl, Sherm, Kam, Bennett, Bobby, etc, etc. Those guys are paid to be the unit that carries this team.

AgentDib

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":1xn9zf26 said:
If we are under 10 points, expect people to be pissed. I will be one. I'll never boycott the team, but I will certainly wish I could and understand those who do. It's fricking hard to watch, yo.
Would you still be pissed if we had won 6-3 on Sunday? I realize that for many that feels worse than a high scoring game because offenses are the popular units and the expectation is that good NFL teams will score lots of points. We do have a 70% winning percentage with RW in Pete's very conservative system however.

Pete talked about the decision to stay conservative vs. opening things up in his Monday presser. He's very aware of the pros and cons, and it absolutely matters that we could have won that game on Sunday with our conservative game plan if very minor things had gone differently. I doubt he regrets his choice either given that one of the pivotal swings in the game was the fumble on the 5 that set them up for an easy TD.