Time to protest Bevell/Cable!!!!!

sdog1981

Reaction score
AgentDib":2mol4o5z said:
popular units and the expectation is that good NFL teams will score lots of points. .

This is wrong. The team needs to have an offense that gets FIRST DOWNS, the rest will follow. If the Seahawks could have had a few more drives with at least 2 first downs then the game is completely different. The defense would still be aggressive because they would be rested and not playing 2/3 of the game. The Seahawks offense was on the field for 48 plays that is dysfunction for even Woody Hayes "3 yards and a cloud of dust" So no matter how conservative your offensive philosophy is you still need first downs. First downs are the life blood of a ball control offense and this team can't even do that.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
SixSeahawk":a418payh said:
With everything going on in the world, leave it up to people from Seattle to suggest protesting something like this LMAO

First world problems indeed.

Problem is I am the OP and I'm from NY where (and don't get pissed WA residents) they would NEVER stand for the terrible decisions by Bevell and crew without displaying public displeasure, MEDIA INCLUDED. I cannot even fathom Bevel having to answer to the NY media for his ridiculous calls.

Look if the people in the Seattle area are fed up with Bevell/Cable as much as they say they are then for sake, voice your opinion in a public domain like the stadium, large billboard or the sky.

You may be surprised at the power the people as a whole hold. Get Pauls attention.

mrt144

Reaction score
seabowl":2pvnv2o6 said:
SixSeahawk":2pvnv2o6 said:
With everything going on in the world, leave it up to people from Seattle to suggest protesting something like this LMAO

Problem is I am the OP and I'm from NY where (and don't get pissed WA residents) they would NEVER stand for the terrible decisions by Bevell and crew without displaying public displeasure, MEDIA INCLUDED. I cannot even fathom Bevel having to answer to the NY media for his ridiculous calls.

Look if the people in the Seattle area are fed up with Bevell/Cable as much as they say they are then for sake, voice your opinion in a public domain like the stadium, large billboard or the sky.

You may be surprised at the power the people as a whole hold. Get Pauls attention.

60,000 fans at the clink holding up cut cables. Think of it.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
seabowl":2f37o88p said:
SixSeahawk":2f37o88p said:

If that's true, why hasn't there been an uprising from the citizens over the Jets? I've never heard of any. The hole in your theory and what the rest of the country would scoff at is that the Hawks are about the winningest and most successful franchise in the NFC this decade. Fans from most other teams would look at such an entitled display with bewilderment.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":33ilol6o said:
seabowl":33ilol6o said:
SixSeahawk":33ilol6o said:

If that's true, why hasn't there been an uprising from the citizens over the Jets? I've never heard of any. The hole in your theory and what the rest of the country would scoff at is that the Hawks are about the winningest and most successful franchise in the NFC this decade. Fans from most other teams would look at such an entitled display with bewilderment.

Sorry but if you read the very first post on this topic you would have seen that the JETS fans hired a plane to fly over their practice with a banner that said "Fire Idzik". BTW the JETS owner was standing next to him as it flew over. Not long after he was gone. Giants fans did the something similar back I believe in the early 70's.

Regarding your theory of how the Hawks have won so much, I agree that as a team they have won a lot of games but most would agree it's despite what the offense has contributed not because of what they have contributed.

The most telling reminder of how bad Bevell and Csble/the OL is, is by hearing one national announcer after another call out how bewildered they are with multiple play calls on O and the incredibly bad play by the line.

The proof is in front of all of our eyes and it's been there for 3 years.

randomation

Reaction score
AgentDib":3ip0un70 said:
We lost a single road game at Lambeau by 8 points with a couple of significant calls that went against us. If you need some outside perspective about spoiled fan bases just read what many Patriot fans are saying this week about Tom Brady. I don't think Hawks fans are that bad yet but it's getting close.

I would rather not wait until Russ is in traction to make changes if you couldn't see there were massive issues with oline I don't even know what to say.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
seabowl":3r1h739z said:
Siouxhawk":3r1h739z said:
seabowl":3r1h739z said:
SixSeahawk":3r1h739z said:

Sorry but if you read the very first post on this topic you would have seen that the JETS fans hired a plane to fly over their practice with a banner that said "Fire Idzik". BTW the JETS owner was standing next to him as it flew over. Not long after he was gone. Giants fans did the something similar back I believe in the early 70's.

Regarding your theory of how the Hawks have won so much, I agree that as a team they have won a lot of games but most would agree it's despite what the offense has contributed not because of what they have contributed.

The most telling reminder of how bad Bevell and Csble/the OL is, is by hearing one national announcer after another call out how bewildered they are with multiple play calls on O and the incredibly bad play by the line.

The winning ways have been helped along by the offense too. It would be kind of foolish to think otherwise.

Maybe I remember that airplane business. Didn't it later crash?

And for the record, I've heard as many announcers giving props to the Hawks, their offense and Bevell on numerous occasions. And I'd expect to hear it again real soon.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":14weomol said:
seabowl":14weomol said:
Siouxhawk":14weomol said:
seabowl":14weomol said:

The winning ways have been helped along by the offense too. It would be kind of foolish to think otherwise.

Maybe I remember that airplane business. Didn't it later crash?

And for the record, I've heard as many announcers giving props to the Hawks, their offense and Bevell on numerous occasions. And I'd expect to hear it again real soon.

I almost coughed up my dinner on your last comment. :34853_doh:

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Good for you. Have someone who knows the Heimlich maneuver standing by.

OpHawk

Reaction score
ludakrishna":1omgriot said:
AgentDib":1omgriot said:
We lost a single road game at Lambeau by 8 points with a couple of significant calls that went against us. If you need some outside perspective about spoiled fan bases just read what many Patriot fans are saying this week about Tom Brady. I don't think Hawks fans are that bad yet but it's getting close.

The attitude in this post is whats wrong with Seattle. It doesn't matter how much they lost by, they lost. What's more important is the way they lost. Zero competence on the OLine. With reference to NE, that attitude has brought them 5 SB trophys. The fanbase and the media call out the organization at first sight of crap play. In Seattle, the media is worried about losing their media passes and thus snowflakes every problem. Calling crap, crap is not a sign of a spoiled fanbase.

Couldn't agree more with this.

It's incredible to me that this garbage from the offense is met with such little resistance from the fanbase and local media.

NJlargent

Reaction score
seabowl":244n152g said:
SixSeahawk":244n152g said:

Bevell would have been gone immediately the day after 49 in New York because of the notion you don't come back from that play otherwise. As much as ny fans are a bit knee jerk reactors, i think a coughlin/parcells coach would have won 2-3 titles with this squad because all the nonsense wouldn't be tolerated. Baldwin would have been immediately benched for the finger (even if it was in good fun). In New York Carroll would have been axed last year in an attempt to try and salvage the quality years left of our aging defense as the ny media would see him as running the dynasty into the ground.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I guess I don't see the valid point. Are you saying New York is superior to Seattle or something? I consider New York media akin to TMZ in trustworthiness.

AgentDib

Reaction score
seabowl":287a17m0 said:
I don't think you can look at the different aspects of this team in a vacuum. Pete built this team around the defense and mainly wants the offense not to screw things up. Look at how effective the offense can be when we get down in games and have to start chucking it. The potential is there as soon as we become risk seekers.

sdog1981":287a17m0 said:
So no matter how conservative your offensive philosophy is you still need first downs. First downs are the life blood of a ball control offense and this team can't even do that.
Of course they need first downs. Pretty much everybody connected with the offense other than Richardson had a poor outing. The Packers offense also struggled most of Sunday. Should they be protesting too or would you counsel they not freak out about a single game against a top NFC team?

OpHawk":287a17m0 said:
It's incredible to me that this garbage from the offense is met with such little resistance from the fanbase and local media.
And how are you resisting it? Setting up some tents at Coulon Beach to start an Occupy Lake Washington movement? Should the team's winning percentage factor into your protest plans? At least protest a team that is actually doing poorly like the Mariners or something.

NJlargent

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1nnx296f said:
I guess I don't see the valid point. Are you saying New York is superior to Seattle or something? I consider New York media akin to TMZ in trustworthiness.

Not at all. But they would have kept the chemistry together by tossing bevell. And then went on to win 75-80% of the games under the new OC because Lynch would have stayed and Lynch and the defense are responsible for the winning percentage.

sdog1981

Reaction score
AgentDib":3hlc2ij9 said:

Yeah.....about that......after Tom Brady got mauled in the 2016 AFC title game the Patriots fired their SuperBowl winning Oline coach and begged for their retired Oline coach to come back out of retirement. So much like in the movie The Karate Kid the Patriots "Sweep The Leg" and show no mercy. That is why they are one of the most successful team the league has seen in the past 20 years.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
NJlargent":2botdx0x said:
Siouxhawk":2botdx0x said:

Not at all. But they would have kept the chemistry together by tossing bevell. And then went on to win 75-80% of the games under the new OC because Lynch would have stayed and Lynch and the defense are responsible for the winning percentage.

Siouxhawk, c'mon man. You seriously don't understand what he was saying?

I'll simplify it:

The media in new York would ask the same questions we (except for you) are asking here. These are absolutely valid questions and concerns. The Seattle media for whatever reason walks on eggshells with the Hawks. They would have crucified him in new York.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The only way our 2 severely under performing offensive coaches get '86'ed is if it comes from the top, Mr. Allen.
He is a hands off owner which is generally a good thing, but in this case IMHO those terminations are more than warranted and I would love it to happen, but it won't unless something drastic happens as he lets his HC and GM call those shots.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
johnnyfever":nx74sdxy said:
NJlargent":nx74sdxy said:
Siouxhawk":nx74sdxy said:

Siouxhawk, c'mon man. You seriously don't understand what he was saying?

I'll simplify it:

The media in new York would ask the same questions we (except for you) are asking here. These are absolutely valid questions and concerns. The Seattle media for whatever reason walks on eggshells with the Hawks. They would have crucified him in new York.
The Seattle media asked Pete if Bevell was a weakness half a year ago and he said those saying that don't know what the hell they are talking about. It doesn't get any clearer than that.

And it really is hyperbole to come up with this mock SB49 scenario as told through the eyes of a New York team. I don't know a whole lot about Coughlin, but he seems old school and has sense enough to not let impulsive overreaction get in the way of what's best for the organization.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
And I'm sure Paul Allen is quite pleased with the success and attention of his club and understands it's in capable hands.

Latest posts