UW vs Arizona score predictions

D

DomeHawk

We're hoping this won't be a let-down game. Ariz has a decent defense so they might slow us down a bit, but only a bit.

38-14

NoGain

Reaction score
No one's shown they can stop, even slow down our offense. Until I see someone actually do it for more than a quarter, I'm betting Arizona won't either. I'd like to see a little more overall consistency out of our defense, especially as our schedule gets difficult in the weeks ahead.

Huskies 47
Arizona 20

NoGain

Reaction score
Ah...we always seem to have more trouble in the desert than we should. Bottom line...a win is a win...we're 5-0 with a bye week...then all's on the line with our bitter rivals the Ducks. Will Gameday be on Montlake for it?

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

Ah...we always seem to have more trouble in the desert than we should. Bottom line...a win is a win...we're 5-0 with a bye week...then all's on the line with our bitter rivals the Ducks. Will Gameday be on Montlake for it?
Yeah, didn't think about that. It's going to be the big national game for sure.

At the end of the game I'm left wondering whether we aren't as good as I thought or is Arizona better than I thought. We shall see.

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, didn't think about that. It's going to be the big national game for sure.

At the end of the game I'm left wondering whether we aren't as good as I thought or is Arizona better than I thought. We shall see.

The play calling was questionable late into the 4th quarter. I've no idea what the Huskies are doing throwing the ball up 14 with 4 minutes left in the game.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

The play calling was questionable late into the 4th quarter. I've no idea what the Huskies are doing throwing the ball up 14 with 4 minutes left in the game.
It's a valid observation and the announcers, me, you, and the entire Husky nation wondered the same thing.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

The Wildcats were playing a two-deep cover-4 defense for much of the game to contain Penix and Co's deep balls. The classic version of this utilizes LB's in the short/intermediate zones but Ariz was using 7 DB's. That was alright though because it opened up the run and short passing game. Penix showed that he was more than up to it. Somewhere along the line that changed and they were shutting down our O pretty good.

The good news is, Oregon will be doing the same thing, and we have some experience and success in an adjusted strategy.

Oregon scares the shit out of me.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Perfect way to win. Game was never in doubt, and the players should be super motivated going into the bye week.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

Perfect way to win. Game was never in doubt, and the players should be super motivated going into the bye week.
Right, it didn't ever really feel like the game was in doubt with a two score lead for almost the entire game

Ozzy

Reaction score
This is about as much fun of a team as we’ve had in a long time. Really hope they can get the running game going a little bit as well

Latest posts