What are the expectations

LTH

Reaction score
What are the expectations for this new coach?

CouchLogic

Reaction score
Get SOMEONE other than Oldman Wagz and Spoon to tackle someone.

STOP THE F@#$%ING RUN...just once.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
What I meant was, are people expecting a SB the first year? Are people expecting a play off run? What is the expectation?

LTH

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I expect the defense to instantly improve. I would have expected that of any coach.

i have no expectations for our year 1 record and would actually prefer a rebuilding type year with a poor record.

I think we will be pleasantly surprised.

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
I’m willing to ignore W vs L for a year or two if:

1) Roster is trimmed of under performers/bloated contracts
2) Draft trends continue
3) QBoTF is addressed this year or next
4) Players show effort & growth
5) Offensive & Defensive schemes show innovation

bigcc

Reaction score
I expect the defense to instantly improve. I would have expected that of any coach.

i have no expectations for our year 1 record and would actually prefer a rebuilding type year with a poor record.

I think we will be pleasantly surprised.
Hurtt wasn't going to stick even if carroll had stayed

bigcc

Reaction score
What I meant was, are people expecting a SB the first year? Are people expecting a play off run? What is the expectation?

LTH
6-7 wins

Other people are going to say higher but they're idiots who don't grasp that carroll was a unique coach

I'm worried if

Sub 5 wins year one
Sub 7 wins year two
Sub 8 wins year three

Geno isn't the qb of the future, now is the time to bite the bullet, along with the rest of the cap maneuvers needed.

Half the idiots here are the bandwagon fans who came on or grew up during the legion of boom and have no grasp on reality.

I grew up with a shit sandwich breaded with artisans touch from Holmgren/carroll and I still accept reality, a lot of you are in for a reality check

Seahawker

Reaction score
First 2 years: Get out from under dead $ & back to healthy cap #'s. Team building.

Next 4 years: Compete for another Super Bowl win & a second huge parade in Seattle.

mistaowen

Reaction score
I think the roster as constructed is a playoff contender but it'll take a year or two before him and John do a clean up of the roster and get their new guys in. The NFC West is still the best division in football and 49ers/Rams will remain right near the top. First year HC is going to have a hard time jumping the current pecking order. My armchair outsider opinion thinks Pete felt the current roster and coaching staff is close to a SB and John didn't. John also highlighted in the press conference today the Ravens game was a defining moment for new direction of this team and an ass kicking like that won't happen again (basically saying how excited he was to be the ones doing what the Ravens did to us). Only way to fix that is full deconstruction of the trenches.

Biggest thing I want to see next year is on the defensive side of the ball. Aggressive scheme, less yards per game, more takeaways, more pressure/sacks, more confusion. I'm so beyond sick of the bend but don't break 400+ yards a game that STILL gave up explosives all over the field. I'm so sick of the trenches being a joke compared to the Browns, Ravens, Cowboys, etc. During the LOB years I honestly liked watching the defense more because it felt like every drive could be a huge momentum swinging play. Would love to get back to that style of football.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
I’m willing to ignore W vs L for a year or two if:

1) Roster is trimmed of under performers/bloated contracts
2) Draft trends continue
3) QBoTF is addressed this year or next
4) Players show effort & growth
5) Offensive & Defensive schemes show innovation
Yep. This sounds pretty solid

Wsumatt1982

Reaction score
I'm expecting 4-6 wins year one.

I'm HOPING this is a 3 year tear down / rebuild process and the Seahawks win Superbowl 61
I agree with this approach as my preference and I’m ok with losing as long as we are building and showing improvement and a direction

toffee

Reaction score
Playoff, or failure.

With a sorry ass defense, we were one game off from making the playoff. With a young defense 'wizkid', we have reason to expect improvements on defense, that should translate to at least ONE extra win.