What is your favorite Seahawks play of all time?

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
After this play, my youngest son watching the game with me said, "Dad, the Seahawks are going to win the Super Bowl." Words I'd dreamed of hearing since I was his age.

Hours before we met Super Bowl MVP Malcolm Smith in Florida, shook his hand, gratefully thanked him, photo of Malcolm Smith with my boys.
Best commercial ever: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11F83vJ ... Elr9v6t6nA

Edit: Tried posting several videos of this play. None of them worked. I'll stick with the link above.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
HawkGA":g9io7zm8 said:
Skanski's game winner against the Chiefs has always been my favorite. Krieg avoiding the sack in a day when he's been sacked so many times and then fires the game winner. Awesome.

The Largent hit is a great storyline for the 2 plays it involved but that one Skanski is always my favorite.

Was the game, and moment, I went from casual football fan to die hard Seahawks fan. So that is my favorite as well.

crosfam

Reaction score
5. Beast quake against New Orleans
4. Kam's busting up the Denver WR to set the tone in SB48
3. Largent busting up Hardin - revenge hit and turnover.
2. Sherman tip for the win against SF - NFC Championship
1. Wilson to Kearse for the win against GB - NFC Championship

two dog

Reaction score
So long ago I've forgotten the year. Seahawks at Broncos. Mile High is going nuts, out for blood
from arch rival Seattle. They kick off, touchback.
On the first play of the game Dave Krieg lofts one to Daryl Turner for a 80 yd. touchdown.
Neither the crowd or the Donks came back during a Seattle win.

Close second for me is when Steve Largent laid the wood to Mike Harden. It was poetic
because Harden had done something similar, though not as devastating, to Largent in
an earlier game.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Just as a single play that didnt really have any impact other than being a fun highlight to watch: Darryl Williams decapitating raider tight end Ricky Dudley.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
JSeahawks":5hr09nva said:
Just as a single play that didnt really have any impact other than being a fun highlight to watch: Darryl Williams decapitating raider tight end Ricky Dudley.

Thank you for mentioning that play. I was there, right in front of the play and we all thought Darryl killed him right in front of us. To his credit he bounced right up. How I will never know.

[youtube]XcZZlMKL5xw[/youtube]

BlueBlood

Reaction score
These lists always turn in to top 10 lists.

Darrel Jacksons TD in the 1st quarter of Superbowl in 2005.

(Drops Mic)

bigskydoc

Reaction score
For me, it is The Tip.

I have a great friend who hasn't had the financial fortune that I have had in life, but who probably works harder than me at his job. In reality he is a Montana State University lifer fan, but his NFL team is the Niners. He attends all the Bobcat games, and I join him whenever I can. He would never really have the opportunity to attend an NFL game, or spend the money to do so, but it just so happened that his work sent him to Seattle the weekend of Jan 19th 2014.

When he mentioned that he was headed to Seattle, I immediately, bought tickets for both of us in the south end zone, about 5 to 10 rows up, about 10 yards toward the middle of the field from the west sideline. As you can imagine, this gave us a perfect vantage point for the game sealing play.

It was a phenomenal game, leading up to the interception. I broke my glasses, dislocated my jaw, and generally had a blast celebrating the back and forth of the game. My buddy and I took turns razzing each other whenever one team would appear to take the advantage.

The Tip replays in my mind in slow motion. The ball is lobbed in a weird motion, and it looks like it may be up for grabs. Sherman and Crabtree go up and it's either going to be me or my buddy celebrating in fractions of a second. Sherman wins the battle and the ball comes down into Smith's hands.

When Thomas finally gets the message through to Smith to take the knee, my screams of "get down man get down" turn into screams of "WE ARE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL. WE ARE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL."

The fact that I got to share that moment with my buddy just makes it the best play ever for me.

If I hadn't personally attended that game with my friend, then I would probably vote for Beast Quake 1

-bsd

seacat1

Reaction score
Curt Warners very 1st carry as a Seahawk. It went for 60 yards and signaled Seattle had something special.

Vetamur

Reaction score
If it were a top 5 or 10 list almost every one would be from 2005 or more recent..which shows you how much we are living in the Golden Age of Seahawk football.

But..Im a bit old school. or just plain old?

Favorite all time was Steve Largents 40 yard reception vs. the Dolphins in the Division playoffs in 1983. Like Seacat1s, above, this play helped announce the Seahawks were no longer a quirky expansion team, but were a team that had to be taken seriously. For 57 minutes of football the Dolphins kept Largent catch-less..then he caught a 16 yarder, then after the 2 minute warning, with Seattle down 3, he caught a ball down around the 5 for 40 yards.. you knew Seattle was going to the AFC championship game, having won an away game that they were very much the underdogs in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFOYYZygk7c

go to the 10:05 mark in that video to see it.. at 10"25 is the slow mo replay where Largent shows his skills.. making his break at the exact moment the CB peaked back.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Not saying it is my personal favorite, but the chris Matthews onside kick recovery has to get some recognition if wilson to kearse is brought up. I will have to agree with others on the Largent revenge hit , it is a classic moment in nfl history (through the lens of a lifelong hawks fanatic). That is how I was taught to play back in the day. We were taught to get our revenge within the confines of the rules, but hurt em bad. That doesn't fly anymore, but I haven't played football in 20 years, so things have changed. I laid out two dudes I can remember on revenge hits. They left the game, and no flags were thrown. Love the mentallity he brought.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Only one play in my lifetime deserves to be immortalized in bronze outside the stadium.

Someday Sherm, someday.

Tical21

Reaction score
Kelly Stouffer trips, breaks his nose, gets up and launches a 43-yard bomb to Ray Butler.

Eric Lane and Randall Morris scoring a TD together, running down the field both holding the ball.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Other than the two obvious ones (Beast Quake and the Tip), i'd go with the Kearse Go-Ahead TD on 4th down against the Niners in the NFCCG.

Doesn't get the recognition it deserves.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
The play I have watched the most is BeastQuake, so I would have to say that is my favorite. Never gets old.

Msfann

Reaction score
I love a bunch of other plays too, like the beast quake for example but the Kearse catch is it for me. That catch put them into the Super Bowl and ended one heck of a game.

drdiags

Reaction score
Russell Wilson to Sydney Rice to beat the Tom Brady-led NE Patriots in the "U Mad Bro" game. This game showed me that Wilson had some magic in his game that I hadn't seen since a healthy Hasselbeck.

Sherman re-tweeting the .NET poster's modified image helped make him infamous around the world. That's because idiots thought Sherman actually created the image.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
drdiags":3etqclr8 said:
Russell Wilson to Sydney Rice to beat the Tom Brady-led NE Patriots in the "U Mad Bro" game. This game showed me that Wilson had some magic in his game that I hadn't seen since a healthy Hasselbeck.

Good choice.

I'm very ambivalent about anything relating to the 2014 NFCCG. That whole game sucked sweaty balls for 3/12 quarters. The comeback win was GB choke job and dumb luck as much as anything else.