What is your favorite Seahawks play of all time?

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":3t4q9erx said:
...3) best play I've witnessed first hand in Seahawks history -...

I hadn't thought of that :hmmmm:
My favorite play that I've witnessed first hand:

[youtube]BkENSTceN3E[/youtube]

Thanks Garth!

Go Hawks,
BillA

mrt144

Reaction score
Beastquake - got me really excited for the PCJS era
The Tip - SB Trip!
Safety in 48 - Set the tone for the whole game
Fake FG in NFCCG - Hilarious and vital
RW to JK in OT in NFCCG - CRY EVEN MORE TEARS PACKERS

Rocket

Reaction score
Largent to Hardin, of course. Forever.
Browners triple block
Beast Quake.
Sherman's other tip, the one to Earl for the TD... 'twas a thing of beauty.

P.S. Hardin ended up broke and in jail. :)

Cyrus12

Reaction score
[youtube]yUO_fEEjAmo[/youtube]

lets not forget about this play...What execution by Wilson and a great catch by Tate after fighting off Sam Shields...the night that Erin Rogers cried himself to sleep...Great call by Tirico too!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The Tip would normally be my Number #1 followed closely by the Beastquake runs, Kearse's huge TD catches, and Largent's hit on Harden....... But the true #1 play was the minute I realized the Hawks were going to be Super Bowl champions, the Malcolm Smith pick 6 in XLVIII, from that point on it was pure awesomeness and epic joy!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Rocket":2ztemg15 said:
Largent to Hardin, of course. Forever.
Browners triple block
Beast Quake.
Sherman's other tip, the one to Earl for the TD... 'twas a thing of beauty.

P.S. Hardin ended up broke and in jail. :)
Forgot about Browner's triple block, that was awesome. :th2thumbs:

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Hard to argue any of the plays mentioned in this thread.

For me:

1) Beast Quake - For some unfathomable reason the wife and I forfeited our playoff ticket seeding that year (must have been our record) so it was purely luck that I was able to still go to the game thanks to one of my best friends. He had two tickets in the upper level. I remember that moment like it was literally yesterday. I've seen nearly every single game in the "new" stadium (Seahawks Stadium/Qwest/Century Link) since it opened in 2002. I've seen some epic, historic moments and games no doubt. But that one moment, when Lynch broke out the most spectacular run in NFL history (it's not even debatable to me) I simply new in that moment, that my beloved Seahawks had arrived. They were finally lifted from the back of the pack to a team to take quite seriously. Oh, and yes, I really did think the stadium was going to collapse and I would have loved knowing that's how I went out.

2) The Tip - I've had a ton of games that made me nervous, but NO game I have ever attended at home made me feel as nervous as this one going into it. I remember as we drove on I-90 heading towards the stadium that day telling my wife "I feel sick, like the kind of nerves you feel going into a major job interview". I couldn't help it. I couldn't shake it. My hatred for the 49ers was so severe at that time it nearly crippled me. The very thought of that team...THAT coach...THAT quarterback going to the Super Bowl in our house was just too much to bare. The game of course as we know was an instant classic. It looked grim for a while and then in that historic moment when Kaep drew back and launched that pass into the endzone (OUR endzone...That was the corner endzone we were standing in just 50 yards up) my wife turned around and said "I can't! I can't watch!!" A split second later, when the world around us erupted in pure ecstacy....Man...Those are the reasons you suffer and pay those prices every year.

3) Super Pick 6 - I know a lot of you think the Harvin kickoff return TD was one of the best plays and I certainly cannot argue that based on what that play meant, but for me, it was the Smith pick of Manning in SBXLVIII which gave me that feeling that, "Oh, it's over. We are Super Bowl Champions!!!" Yes it was earlier in the game but intuitively I KNEW in that moment the game was over. at that point, the Harvin TD was nothing more than icing on the cake.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
tacomahawk":284qzi0h said:
One that hasn't been mentioned, and not sure it is my favorite play of all but, when Beast walks into the endzone against the Niners, and drops the ball after crossing the goal line. Makes me laugh every time I see it, and shows the swagger that was severely missing last year.

Mine too :)

lynchwalks.gif

Jayburd14

Reaction score
endzorn":1gqxewcm said:
This isn't my favorite play of all time, but I was sitting in a Hooters in Fayetteville, NC with a group of soldiers from Ft Bragg and all 10-12 of them were Oilers fans. I heard it from them the entire game and when this play happened I went berserk (drunk as hell) and pissed off more than a few of them. I can remember where I was sitting and I can remember the faces of almost every one of those Oilers fans.

[youtube]UruHrVjU4F0[/youtube]
This happened on my last weekend in Texas after living there for 4 years

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
BullHawk33":2oo88tu9 said:
Jville":2oo88tu9 said:
[youtube]8nlHt5TtWPw[/youtube]

Nailed it.

It's also Largent's favorite play. He says"My favorite play was not a catch, but a tackle." :mrgreen:
[youtube]xSOPrwb-mQc[/youtube]