What is your favorite Seahawks play of all time?

Reaction score
Basis4day":1gmx89ax said:
Other than the two obvious ones (Beast Quake and the Tip), i'd go with the Kearse Go-Ahead TD on 4th down against the Niners in the NFCCG.

Doesn't get the recognition it deserves.
The pass coulda' been caught by either Kearse or Baldwin. Dougie-fresh made a hell'o'a'play by getting out of the way and not trying to catch it :th2thumbs:

Go Hawks,
BillA

pmedic920

Reaction score
Imagine, just for a split second, what if "the tip" hadn't happened, and that pass had been completed for a TD.

There would have been one of them paradigm shift things, the flux capacitor would have exploded, and we would be living in an alternate universe.

Life as we currently know it wouldn't exist.

kidhawk

Reaction score
My favorite of all time would be the Largent Retribution on Harden, but I can rarely limit myself to one, so I have to have a top plays list. In no particular order I think these are my top following the Largent hit....

Beastquake....the earth moved from the excitement of that run.

The Tip.....We were heading back to the Super Bowl again on what was an amazing play

Harvin's return.....Although I was fully enjoying the epic beatdown we were putting on the Broncos, that play, more than any other sealed it for me...we were FINALLY super bowl champions

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":hz766d30 said:
My favorite of all time would be the Largent Retribution on Harden, but I can rarely limit myself to one, so I have to have a top plays list. In no particular order I think these are my top following the Largent hit....

Beastquake....the earth moved from the excitement of that run.

The Tip.....We were heading back to the Super Bowl again on what was an amazing play

Harvin's return.....Although I was fully enjoying the epic beatdown we were putting on the Broncos, that play, more than any other sealed it for me...we were FINALLY super bowl champions

You have been listening to the voices in my head. Nice.

Captain

Reaction score
Ad76kBy.gif

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

tacomahawk

Reaction score
One that hasn't been mentioned, and not sure it is my favorite play of all but, when Beast walks into the endzone against the Niners, and drops the ball after crossing the goal line. Makes me laugh every time I see it, and shows the swagger that was severely missing last year.

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
HawkGA":h59gppdl said:
Skanski's game winner against the Chiefs has always been my favorite. Krieg avoiding the sack in a day when he's been sacked so many times and then fires the game winner. Awesome.

The Largent hit is a great storyline for the 2 plays it involved but that one Skanski is always my favorite.

This. As my kids were growing up and ever felt like they wanted to quit an activity or sport because it just wasn't going their way that day, I popped on the 'highlights' of this game to show them what a bad sports day looked like...and how perseverance will eventually overcome circumstances.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Aros":o1bvr71s said:
Pie Romania":o1bvr71s said:
While some of those listed already are higher on my list, I have to mention Romo sitting on the field crying. I still smile when I think about it.

Edit: Glad to see someone else mention it at the same time. So much laughter over the years re-watching it.

The Romo play holds a special place in my heart because for that game I had taken a good friend of mine to the game who was a Seahawks fan, but more of a Cowboys fan because he grew up in Texas (always gets a pass with me when you were born and raised a local fan of a team)...So the ultimate bragging rights came in that moment...He was light-heartedly taunting me "The 'Boys are gonna pull it out Breda!!" Then when the play happened...The look on his face while the rest of us 12's were high fiving...Man, I will never forget that moment.

[youtube]QVuQ5aw0HAQ[/youtube]

wow that was loud! no corporate 12's there at that game!!

Reaction score
This thread made me pull out the DVD and watch the 2013 NFCCG again. It made me do it! And dayum that was fun.
Thanks Todd :th2thumbs:

Go Hawks,
BillA

Cyrus12

Reaction score
1. Kearse catch NFC Championship....because I was there
2. The tip- two great teams and the best defence in NFL history won that game
3. Harvin TD run- because that was the moment I knew the sb was ours.
4. Beastquake- the legend of Lynch was born
5. Willllssson's 2 pt convert...they don't get that they lose...and because I was there.
6. Romo screw up....he's my quarterback...

honorable mention to the Kearse sb catch but that gets overshadowed badly by what happened after and Clay Matthews onside recovery...again because I was there....

[youtube]LOweupNOBVU[/youtube]

[youtube]ZWIW91shBO4[/youtube]

[youtube]3IpNCb7Xfx0[/youtube]

[youtube]ZPcfkxmhS_A[/youtube]

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Anyway I would say all the plays that have been mentioned already would be on my personal list. I'd add a couple more..

- Matt Hasselbeck's touchdown run in the playoff game against the Redskins. We had such a long playoff drought going into that game, Shaun Alexander just got KO'd with a concussion, the Redskins had that team of destiny aura feel between the run to get into the playoffs and the loss of Sean Taylor.. and Hass' TD run was just so huge and so much emotion came out of it on our end. You felt the monkey had FINALLY came off the back of the franchise.

- Same playoff run.. NFC Championship game.. Seneca Wallace runs a slant and go and dusts Ken Lucas down the sideline and made a beautiful over the shoulder grab. The play was just so awesome and you knew right then and there, the Seahawks were Superb Owl bound.

SEAHAWKBLITZ

Reaction score
[youtube]mpBQ2VBUOpY[/youtube]

This is my favorite. I have that ball in my trophy case.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3rvhn5ir said:
- Matt Hasselbeck's touchdown run in the playoff game against the Redskins. We had such a long playoff drought going into that game, Shaun Alexander just got KO'd with a concussion, the Redskins had that team of destiny aura feel between the run to get into the playoffs and the loss of Sean Taylor.. and Hass' TD run was just so huge and so much emotion came out of it on our end. You felt the monkey had FINALLY came off the back of the franchise.
Not to nag, but the Sean Taylor playoff game was the 2007 season. The Hasselbeck sliding TD run was the 2005 season.

We beat them again in the 2012 playoffs. I REEEEEALLY wanted to play them again this last season, 'cause I wanted the Seahawks to be the team that kicked them out of the playoffs four consecutive times.

Rob12

Reaction score
Mine is a bit odd because my favorite Seahawks play ever was accomplished by my least favorite Seahawk ever.

I just think for me, Percy Harvin's return TD to kick off the second half in 48 provided that moment when I knew that the dream had finally been realized. I was 100 percent convinced at that point that it was our day, and nothing was going to stop us from getting that elusive ring. Being a Seattle sports fan for nearly all of my cognitive life, there have been so many disappointments throughout the years. But when that bastard took that kick to the house, I knew it was finished, and I knew all the tears, anger, and disappointment I had as a fan was extinguished and forgotten in that moment. And it's a play that I still love to watch, despite my disdain for the man who did it.

I can't really explain it better than that. When he crossed the goal line at the end of that return, I knew we were SB champs. It was a feeling I hadn't ever had as a sports fan. At that point, Denver was completely deflated and done. I remember telling my wife that if he actually had a chance to return the kick off, the game was over. As soon as he fielded it, I turned my back and looked at her, and smiled as she went crazy. It was the moment it was all realized. 29-0 at that point, and I knew that no one could ever say that we weren't champs again.

Tied for second are The Tip, Beast Quake 1 and 2, and Russell finding Kearse for the game winner in the 2015 NFCCG. I just can't bring myself to ranking those, so they are all tied.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
SEAHAWKBLITZ":36heqdao said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpBQ2VBUOpY

This is my favorite. I have that ball in my trophy case.

That's cool that you have the ball. I had the jersey he was wearing.
I think my brother has it now.

253hawk

Reaction score
The Tip.

It was the most nerve-wracking game against a hated division rival and I knew we were going to finally win the SB as soon as it happened. It was the complete antithesis of The Catch.