What is your favorite Seahawks play of all time?

A

Anonymous

pmedic920":2u4h4n74 said:
This was a fun one :{)

937acc0468749def497c12eb9d245a13.jpg

In recent memory/terms.

Right with 'ya, my good man, the Charlie Brown play is forever etched in my mind.

D33d5613 249a 4ac0 abed 9e7c4da8a756 zps6bf0c562

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Probably the Tip...........but I also would put Percy's kickoff return in the SB, as it was the moment I knew there was no way we could lose.

The Tip was to get the SB, but Percy's run back was the exact second of euphoric joy that overwhelmed me knowing we were finally going to hoist a Lombardi.

Sparkchaser737

Reaction score
I've been very fortunate to be able to attend some epic games:

The Romo fumble
Beard Quake
The Tip
NFCC game against the Packers

All great, but not much compares to this. My family and I were surrounded by rabid Cardinal fans that were letting us have it. Division on the line, number 24 came through. Loved seeing the exits lined with red after this play.

[youtube]vmelivYV5cc[/youtube]

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
BlueTalon":3bu87tpl said:
Hasselbeck":3bu87tpl said:
- Matt Hasselbeck's touchdown run in the playoff game against the Redskins. We had such a long playoff drought going into that game, Shaun Alexander just got KO'd with a concussion, the Redskins had that team of destiny aura feel between the run to get into the playoffs and the loss of Sean Taylor.. and Hass' TD run was just so huge and so much emotion came out of it on our end. You felt the monkey had FINALLY came off the back of the franchise.
Not to nag, but the Sean Taylor playoff game was the 2007 season. The Hasselbeck sliding TD run was the 2005 season.

We beat them again in the 2012 playoffs. I REEEEEALLY wanted to play them again this last season, 'cause I wanted the Seahawks to be the team that kicked them out of the playoffs four consecutive times.

You are right. Need to stop posting half asleep. :lol:

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
My fandom will never forget this moment in 1979.
[youtube]5LZb1p8JGsw[/youtube]
And it is wrapped up with another one nicely.
[youtube]yUlbcN-31rY[/youtube]
The Seahawks have always been an exciting team to watch, even when they were bad. lol

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
dogorama":3kh16y1h said:
KEARSE AND SHERMAN!

Both led to SB's, you would have a hard time convincing me there's anything bigger than that!
I get that, and I've been considering this topic for more than a day before responding because I was weighing that very concept in my head - How important is the circumstance vs the play itself, and what determines the importance of the circumstance?

Every play that went into the Super Bowl win has to be considered because it was a defining moment in franchise history.

However...

I still go with BeastQuake I. As important as the other plays were, and as amazing as the plays themselves were, BeastQuake defined who we were and would be for years to come.

We were a 7-9 playoff team - the first ever with a losing record - playing the winners of the previous Super Bowl. We had a college coach who was seen as the second coming of Dennis Erickson. We went all-in on a running back with a troubled past in a league where passing was king. We were a joke. No one took us seriously. We were there only because someone from our division had to be.

But after that run, everything changed. We proved to the nation and to ourselves that we had right to be in the playoffs. That we should be taken seriously. That we were a franchise on the rise.

But possibly the biggest thing it showed is that we were a team, not just a collection of individuals. That run was truly special by Lynch, but as he crossed the line it seemed like the whole offense was there with him. Nobody gave up on that play and everyone was still blocking WAY down field - I think Polumbus even made a block at the goal line and even Hasselbeck was there.

garrylt4

Reaction score
Jville":2ffx2jji said:
[youtube]8nlHt5TtWPw[/youtube]

HawkGA":2ffx2jji said:
Skanski's game winner against the Chiefs has always been my favorite. Krieg avoiding the sack in a day when he's been sacked so many times and then fires the game winner. Awesome.

The Largent hit is a great storyline for the 2 plays it involved but that one Skanski is always my favorite.
Krieg to Skanski has always been my favorite. Was discussing it the other day.

Sherman's Tip
Beastmode's Run
And a bunch of plays from the SB
Are in the running.

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk

garrylt4

Reaction score
During the 2-14 season that the only bright spot was Cortez Kennedy, we played Denver on MNF. During the game Robert Blackmon intercepted a pass, during the run back just as he was about to be horse collared, our cb threw a block on the guy out of nowhere. Don't remember the corners name but will always remember that hit.

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk

Rob12

Reaction score
Just wanted to thank everyone for taking the time to post the videos. I could easily spend a couple of hours in this thread just reliving it all.

London12

Reaction score
Unfortunately I'm too new to it and I didn't get the awesomeness of the tip at the time or the wait for an SB.

Therefore my favourite has to be getting destroyed at clink by GB and we look dead and buried for most of the game but you never lost hope. We get a few miracles - fake field goal, 2 point conversion and the punt return. It goes to OT and you have every confidence in Russ and then bam, a bomb right down the middle.

I still remember going crazy, jumping around like a child waking my whole house up at 1am. Amazing feeling. Didn't sleep until about 3, work was no fun the next day.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2mnb3x2m said:
And it is wrapped up with another one nicely.
[youtube]yUlbcN-31rY[/youtube]
The Seahawks have always been an exciting team to watch, even when they were bad. lol

There is not a play that brings more of a smile to my face than the supposed "Fail Mary." I just can't help but laugh while I watch it.

tom95

Reaction score
endzorn":ff8gc8d3 said:
This isn't my favorite play of all time, but I was sitting in a Hooters in Fayetteville, NC with a group of soldiers from Ft Bragg and all 10-12 of them were Oilers fans. I heard it from them the entire game and when this play happened I went berserk (drunk as hell) and pissed off more than a few of them. I can remember where I was sitting and I can remember the faces of almost every one of those Oilers fans.

[youtube]UruHrVjU4F0[/youtube]
That is my favorite play of all time as well. Thanks for sharing it.

Own The West

Reaction score
Glad someone brought up Efren Herrera.

Other favorites I haven't seen mentioned were:
1) Kenny Easley with a separated shoulder laying out some dude out coming over the middle, bending over, popping his shoulder back in, then trotting back to the huddle.
2) Steve Largent playing in the pro bowl(?), faking a hammy on his route, db stops, then Largent bursts forward to make the catch.
3) Blair Bush crawling on all fours in the end zone trying to catch up with a rolling football.

And not a play, but a moment: Cortez Kennedy winning defensive MVP to put balm on our worst season ever.

A

Anonymous

Own The West":24fg5bgy said:
Glad someone brought up Efren Herrera.

Other favorites I haven't seen mentioned were:
1) Kenny Easley with a separated shoulder laying out some dude out coming over the middle, bending over, popping his shoulder back in, then trotting back to the huddle.
2) Steve Largent playing in the pro bowl(?), faking a hammy on his route, db stops, then Largent bursts forward to make the catch.
3) Blair Bush crawling on all fours in the end zone trying to catch up with a rolling football.

And not a play, but a moment: Cortez Kennedy winning defensive MVP to put balm on our worst season ever.

Welcome OTW!!!

Had completely forgotten about that Largent pro bowl appearance.

So much awesome right there.

:mrgreen:

SEAHAWKBLITZ

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2milnms2 said:
SEAHAWKBLITZ":2milnms2 said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpBQ2VBUOpY

This is my favorite. I have that ball in my trophy case.
Hi David, nice to see you here. Helluva play btw.

Haha, David doesn't have that ball, CLemons threw it in the stands, that's how I got it. I couln;t find a vid of it landing, but at the end of that one you can at least see him heave it up there. I tried to contact him on Twitter hoping to get it autographed but didn't have any luck, so apparently he didn't want it back. Maybe because it has "Eagles" brand on it.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
1) greatest single play in Seahawks history - The Tip (tough game, perfect moment to save the day and send us to 48)
2) favorite play in Seahawks history - Kearse OT (Russ solidified himself as deadly and the emotion that followed)
3) best play I've witnessed first hand in Seahawks history - Baldwin one-hand in the cold (if you were there, you know how impossible this catch was)
4) most emotional play in Seahawks history - 88 yard 12 second Harvin SB return (like many have said, you knew it was over then. I laughed as I stood in the middle of my Nebraska super bowl party, so hard that I was crying and drooling and just flat out busted up over the fact that we, Seattle sports, finally had a crown. In my lifetime.)