What position would you take with our 1st round pick?

What position would you take with our 1st round pick?

• Offensive Tackle

Votes: 56 33.1%
  • Offensive Guard

Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Defensive Tackle

Votes: 28 16.6%
  • Corner

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Safety

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wide Receiver

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Running Back

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Best Player Available (outside of QB)

Votes: 57 33.7%
  • Other

Votes: 8 4.7%

• Total voters

Largent80

Reaction score
The ENTIRE offensive line that won the SB is gone. They have tried to replace them with defensive players and projects. We pick at 26. Were not going to get the impact OL player there. We are going to need to take BPA or trade back and aquire more picks.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
austinslater25":1pvjyuld said:
Heard this morning that the general public doesn't know the half of it in regards to Nkemdiche.
In that it's much worse or that it's not as bad? What context?

Every time I watch his tape I think he can be another Suh type level player. He'll be really hard to pass on IF he makes it that far, which I'm not convinced he doesn't go in the teens because teams know how special he can actually be and take that extremely high reward risk.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Largent80":qil0aii3 said:
We pick at 26. Were not going to get the impact OL player there.

If you need interior offensive lineman I'd disagree and say it's right around where you want to be, as save for a few notable exceptions, the 20s is about where the top interior lineman start to come off the board.

If you have high need at a low value position I think 17-28 or so is a really nice play to be.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Popeyejones":z1j1285q said:
Largent80":z1j1285q said:

If you need interior offensive lineman I'd disagree and say it's right around where you want to be, as save for a few notable exceptions, the 20s is about where the top interior lineman start to come off the board.

If you have high need at a low value position I think 17-28 or so is a really nice play to be.

I agree here, but I think the Seahawks need is stretched across the entire line. Impact tackles will come off the board much higher, which may be what is being alluded to.

Can get good, even top, OL interior linemen in the 20s. Those tackles are long gone (usually) by then.

Largent80

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1mitxxpk said:
Popeyejones":1mitxxpk said:
Largent80":1mitxxpk said:

I agree here, but I think the Seahawks need is stretched across the entire line. Impact tackles will come off the board much higher, which may be what is being alluded to.

Can get good, even top, OL interior linemen in the 20s. Those tackles are long gone (usually) by then.

As I said before, the entire SB winning line is gone. OT at a high level in this draft is nil. We lost our LT, RG, our LG stinks, and center is right there with them. In this draft acquiring a high 2nd would be almost the same as picking at 26 and there would be another pick included for #26.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
What's funny is that I probably wouldn't take Tunsil even if he fell to us. I know that makes me a crazy person, but I don't know that he'll ever be healthy in the NFL. I think Okung will look like has an adamantium skeleton compared to him.

Crazy sign smiley emoticon

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Uncle Si":37iqry5p said:

For sure, but the Seahawks aren't likely to be bad enough to be in line for a top flight tackle at draft time for awhile.

They do seemingly need some reinforcements at guard and center though, and they can likely have their pick of guys at those positions sitting at 26, as they're all late round 1 early round 2 guys at the top of those position groups.

No point in ignoring guard or center because you also need a tackle or two. ;)

Largent80

Reaction score
Popeyejones":36qjwzop said:
Uncle Si":36qjwzop said:

For sure, but the Seahawks aren't likely to be bad enough to be in line for a top flight tackle at draft time for awhile.

They do seemingly need some reinforcements at guard and center though, and they can likely have their pick of guys at those positions sitting at 26, as they're all late round 1 early round 2 guys at the top of those position groups.

No point in ignoring guard or center because you also need a tackle or two. ;)

Which is exactly what I said.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Largent80":312fqgbw said:
In this draft acquiring a high 2nd would be almost the same as picking at 26 and there would be another pick included for #26.

True, although if that logic is accurate than by the same logic nobody is going to want to really give up much to move up from a high 2nd to 26th in the first place.

26 is kinda no man's land for trading in this class as the Rams, Eagles, Bills and Jets will already have their chance to take a QB if they want one, leaving only the Broncos who won't have to move ahead of anyone between 26 and 31 to do so.

Best bet for a trade for the Hawks is the Browns moving back up in front of the Broncos from just behind them, but they seem to be playing moneyball and I'm guessing they're stingy with their picks.

Largent80

Reaction score
Popeyejones":jbvm96vv said:
Largent80":jbvm96vv said:
In this draft acquiring a high 2nd would be almost the same as picking at 26 and there would be another pick included for #26.

True, although if that logic is accurate than by the same logic nobody is going to want to really give up much to move up from a high 2nd to 26th in the first place.

26 is kinda no man's land for trading in this class as the Rams, Eagles, Bills and Jets will already have their chance to take a QB if they want one, leaving only the Broncos who won't have to move ahead of anyone between 26 and 31 to do so.

Best bet for a trade for the Hawks is the Browns moving back up in front of the Broncos from just behind them, but they seem to be playing moneyball and I'm guessing they're stingy with their picks.

The trade partner is the key and we have already talked about Cleveland being the perfect partner for weeks in the draft forum.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Largent80":3riphh7a said:
The trade partner is the key and we have already talked about Cleveland being the perfect partner for weeks in the draft forum.

Ah, okay, gotcha. Haven't been in there.

I think the issue with that is still the same problem though. If you accept the wisdom that from picks 8 or so to middle of the second round or so it's kind of a wash in terms of talent, you then have the Browns on one side looking to move up and a quarter of the league or so (picks 23-30) willing to move back.

Just guessing as much as anyone else, but I think all of those teams (and at most all of those teams - 1) would probably be willing to move back but won't be able to find a partner.

BuZzB28

Reaction score
We should draft at Darron Lee OLB or Sheldon Rankins DT. :th2thumbs:

Mojambo

Reaction score
I kinda want to take Ryan Kelly just so the Cardinals can't.

But I can see the argument for Defensive Tackle.

Personally, I want Kelly though.

Wizofwest

Reaction score
I believe we should always target the best player available with some small constraints in regard to positional need.

Interior DL - This is a bigger need than Oline
Interior OL - If we can get a high level center for the next 10-12 years take him. Don't get cute and miss. Lock it down.
BPA regardless

BadgerVid

Reaction score
Left Tackle...

Specifically, I would trade it to Cleveland for Joe Thomas, who is reportedly on the trading block.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if they pick someone on offense, like a TE or RB in the 1st.