What's The Biggest Factor In The Hawks Turnaround?

What's The Biggest Factor In The Hawks Turnaround?

• Russell has gone back to #NoTimeForSleep Mode

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Bevell has pulled his head out calling some nice offensive game plans

Votes: 19 12.3%
  • Big Bawls Rawls!

Votes: 18 11.6%
  • Patrick Lewis taking charge at Center

Votes: 59 38.1%
  • Possible Players Only Come To Jesus Meeting

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other (read my comments)

Votes: 26 16.8%

• Total voters

SeaChase

Reaction score
Wilson. I blamed the struggles on him so now I blame the success on him. He's played great the last 3 games. He's getting the ball out quick and letting people make plays. Rawls is also to blame. It's hard to point out the main factor as the running and passing both took off together.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I think Russ finally tapped that Ciara ass.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
OLYhawks":8p55c4gx said:
I actually think it's two things. One, Patrick Lewis, the other is a blessing in disguise. I love Jimmy Graham, don't get me wrong. I was one of the ones calling for DB's head for not getting the ball to Graham more. But that's just that, just like with Harvin, they were forcing the ball in an already successful scheme therefore, making it unsuccessful. I think with another off-season, Graham will flourish in a DB called offense.

This has been brought here and in the media. One thing you left out and it makes me wonder if Lynch was getting force fed as well. Not by his number of carriers but the timing seemed off this year ( I know OL didn't help with that) . Has Bevell been realeased from all pressures of getting people the ball?

Mick063

Reaction score
The light bulb came on for Wilson.

Doesn't matter who the center is. Really doesn't.

Players are not static. They evolve.

Wilson turned the corner to greatness and it happened before our eyes, in the last three games.

All the folks that had to blame Wilson's poor play on the O-line are now stuck with that talking point when Wilson plays great. Since the only change has been at center, Lewis is supposedly the reason for this recent dynamic tear. Are you kidding me? Folks really believe that? I have to wonder if a few folks have ever laced up a set of shoulder pads.

Myself?

I give Wilson credit when he is really bad and credit when he is really good. Right now, he is playing like the best QB in football.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Mick063":1gdni5y9 said:
The light bulb came on for Wilson.

Wilson turned the corner to greatness and it happened before our eyes, in the last three games.

All the folks that had to blame Wilson's poor play on the O-line are now stuck with that talking point when Wilson plays great. Since the only change has been at center, Lewis is supposedly the reason for this recent dynamic tear. Are you kidding me? Folks really believe that? I have to wonder if a few folks have ever laced up a set of shoulder pads.

Myself?

I give Wilson credit when he is really bad and credit when he is really good. Right now, he is playing like the best QB in football.

Absolutely.

Wilson is doing EXACTLY what his biggest detractors on this board have been clamoring for him to do for years.

Watching him hit his back foot and throw on timing has been a thing of beauty. It has opened EVERYTHING else up.

Russ is truly and FINALLY taking the next step to becoming elite and it is a beautiful thing to watch.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Mick063":175zc797 said:

I could not disagree more. A weak or underdeveloped center is a catastrophe to the entire success of an offense. Without a cerebral center making the proper checks and calls at the line it creates a dominoes effect across the entire line which manifests in not seeing and reacting properly to the coverages, etc. Running backs get shut down and quarterbacks are sacked or forced into bad decisions and lack of timing with routes, etc...

Years ago I would have cared less about our center but now I understand the primary and profound role they play in a solid offensive output.

Patrick Lewis, in this regard, may very well be the biggest factor of all.

tonyseahawk

Reaction score
I think by far the biggest factor in the turn around is the quick release on the passes. We've been asking for 3 years where the quick slants and quick passes are. Easily the biggest change in my eyes. This keeps the D from Pinning their ears back and gives the line serious help

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
tonyseahawk":1a5ym7jz said:
I think by far the biggest factor in the turn around is the quick release on the passes. We've been asking for 3 years where the quick slants and quick passes are. Easily the biggest change in my eyes. This keeps the D from Pinning their ears back and gives the line serious help

HUGE factor. No more 5 or 7 step drops when defenses are pulverizing his pocket. The ball is snapped, he makes his read and the ball is gone before any damage can be done in the backfield. Ala Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers.

You can't sack them when the ball is already gone just after 2 seconds of a snapped football.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Getting the ragdoll off the field at center has been huge. I'll never understand how they kept that failed experiment going so long.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Pete and Bevell finally letting Russell throw the rock. And Russell throwing it decisively and with confidence, and letting the receivers make plays. Does any of you guys remember Seattle vs Atlanta 3 years ago? Russell was throwing the rock with confidence. That Russell Wilson is back. And I'm loving it.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Mick063":2sj1h4w9 said:

You are correct that players are not static, but wrong to discount a different center. Gilliam and Britt both have more experience, they're evolving and it's in combination with a better center that makes it work. Add to that that Bevell is giving RW hot reads and you get what we've seen over the last 3 games. It all comes together to give RW more time, more options and he makes it go.

captSE

Reaction score
Was like trying to play a scratched record with Jimmy G. You know there's a good song there but it still sounds funny.

Carnac the Magnificent answered with this: "The Hawks".
The question was "who will shine in Minnesota". Carnac added; "they will make it look easy because they got their moxy back".

Just my $0.03

Polk738

Reaction score
There was a certain stat I saw today that I thought was one of the biggest factors in the beat down of the Vikings. 9/13 on third down, that's nearly 70%! I honestly don't remember the last time they were that good in that aspect, especially on the road. But I do believe it was HUGE in every way. The offense dominated the TOP, it kept the defense fresh through most of the game, it kept AP off the field and Vikings were playing from behind trying to throw it most of the game. I'm not sure if its more Patrick Lewis taking over or Russ just playing with ice in his veins because he made some throws today with guys in his grill but still threw strikes like it was nothing.

olyfan63

Reaction score
StoneCold":2ljb1pnm said:
Voted other as I think it's Oline and play calling. Hope the Defense we saw today show up every week.

I think it's a lot easier for THAT defense to show up when the O isn't going 3-and-out all the time and they get to rest.
Cincy, Carolina, Green Bay, Arizona, all took advantage of a gassed Seahawk D to come back and win in the 4th quarter.

Also, it's great to have Frank Clark back to full speed (hamstring), as well as getting some quality reps from Marsh, to keep fresh DL guys in there.

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
Russ has always thrown well from the pocket. It's a media creation that he hasn't. So I don't think Russ had an epiphany or anything. This is who he is when he's on his game and playing well. Throw in better protection, and possibly the best wide receiver play he's ever enjoyed, and the offense has taken off. Love what I'm seeing from everyone.

Latest posts