Which Play Was The Kill Shot That Castrated Manning's Will?

Kill Shot?

• Safety to start the game?

Votes: 8 5.2%
  • Smith's Interception For TD?

Votes: 55 35.7%
  • Harvin's TD Return To Start The 2nd Half?

Votes: 91 59.1%

• Total voters

volsunghawk

Reaction score
It was the Harvin return.

Manning has come back from big deficits before, but it is usually accompanied by starting to turn things around in the 2nd half.

After halftime, you know the Broncos were thinking, "Okay, we made adjustments. Let's go out and change the game."

And then Harvin happened.

uncle fester

Reaction score
Been watching the game again and the cameras cut to his big, stupid, rubber face after Harvin had scored.

He had the look of a man who knew it was over.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I say the Harvin TD as well. Last year SF almost came back after halftime on a similar situation. The Harvin TD was just the icing on the cake. At that point it was obvious there was nothing ever going to go their way.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I think it was the Harvin TD as well. I was still nervous at the half because I know Peyton Manning can heat up and get things going very quickly. That second half game plan and confidence they got coming out the locker room-that had to take the wind out of their sails

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I think early on where Seattle tackled like a beast broke his will. He wasn't confident in the pocket from any point in the game. His will was broken from the first drive, his back was broken after Harvin.

TzarokHawkFan

Reaction score
The early big hits by Bam Bam that obliterated their game plan for the quick hitters and YAC. That was their game plan. Take it away and what do you have? Being Manning, spending 2 weeks installing the game plan (albeit a game plan that hadn't changed much of the year) and it's gone in a couple drives? Game over.

piston bully

Reaction score
About two plays before the pick six by Smith down 15 zip Manning threw a twelve yard completion to welker but right after he released the ball he got LEVELED by a snot bubbler hit. not sure who hit him but it was brutal. Pretty sure after that he was just hoping to survive.

rigelian

Reaction score
SonicHawk":yrqhrwiy said:
I think early on where Seattle tackled like a beast broke his will. He wasn't confident in the pocket from any point in the game. His will was broken from the first drive, his back was broken after Harvin.

When Bam Bam hit DT in the first quarter, I turned to my wife and said, it's over. I don't think it broke Manning's will, but I think it broke the Broncos gameplan into pieces.

City Of Reign

Reaction score
The safety was the lid on the coffin, Chancellor's hit was the first of many nails as was Smith's int. Percy's return was the dirt over the grave.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Percy won the game in 12 seconds in the second half. After an extended (45 minute) halftime, I can guarantee you their defense was going to try and set the tone of the second half on that opening drive for Seattle. Percy denied them even being able to take the field, and put Manning in a situation where he was too short on time to play his normal dink and dunk kind of football.

Also, what if he did score? Does Percy just go and erase his points over and over? :D

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
uncle fester":zp8kpmdl said:
Been watching the game again and the cameras cut to his big, stupid, rubber face after Harvin had scored.

He had the look of a man who knew it was over.
Big, stupid, RED rubber face... (why do we have to play when it's cold outside?)

Exittium

Reaction score
When Harvin happened, the whole Denver sideline just looked down.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
volsunghawk":1cnmpkm3 said:
It was the Harvin return.

Manning has come back from big deficits before, but it is usually accompanied by starting to turn things around in the 2nd half.

After halftime, you know the Broncos were thinking, "Okay, we made adjustments. Let's go out and change the game."

And then Harvin happened.

Yeah this is what I have been saying too. Whatever pep-talk the Broncos had at halftime, Harvin obliterated it with that return.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I'm not sure it was so much Manning as it was his receivers. Their arms got real short after Kam smashed D. Thomas over the middle. On the first INT, J. Thomas didn't even jump for the ball because Kam was behind him. On the pick-6, Denver's RB just stood their and let Smitty jump in front of him.

So, my vote goes to the first hit that Kam put on Demaryius. Affected the entire game.

dbmack

Reaction score
Percy's TD was the play that did it for me. He should have gotten MVP for that alone, though I'm not upset that Malcom got it.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
When I hear how the Bronco's players were saying that they "Weren't Prepared", I have to agree with them.
Peyton Manning was suppose to overwhelm the Seahawks, and lead them to an easy win.
Fact is, "Not Prepared", is just another way of saying that they just weren't expecting the intensity of play that the Seahawks had unloaded on them.
I think they expected a can and mouse game, and that Peyton was going to single handedly destroy the Seahawks confidence, and it just blew up in their faces.
Maybe if the Seahawks would have dragged their feet, or made several more mistakes, the game would have been more exciting for the opposition, but let's face it, this was probably the best, and most mistake free game I've ever seen the Seahawks play, and I don't believe that ANY TEAM would have been able to beat them.
This game was only boring if you haven't been wishing your whole life that the Seahawks would finally win ONE.
Percy Harvin's KR was just an exclamation point to this whole saga.

Latest posts