Will Wilson ask to be traded next year?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":tjwn3nr3 said:
Sgt. Largent":tjwn3nr3 said:
Seymour":tjwn3nr3 said:
Beyond Wilson, I don't believe Pete Carroll can win it all under any circumstances other than with a top 3 defense. Wilson isn't the key for Carroll, in fact he is being wasted and abused under Carroll IMO.

I agree on the first part, but I can't absolve Russell of all the things going wrong with our offense right now, and put it all on Pete.

Of course any good QB needs a line and weapons, but Russell's the one who held onto the ball too long and got stripped sacked on Monday, and Russell's the one who fumbled and spun into a sack in Denver on the last two drives ruining our chances to win.

If he wants Rodgers money, he better play better than he has so far this year.

I can absolve Russell for a couple of reasons. Yes he NOW is part of the problem, but he holds the ball because it's been overly driven into his head to not take chances. He has the ability to put it into tight windows yet rarely does, and his hesitation now is the result of overthinking this. It took our offense 3 years to start throwing Graham open (to only where he could get it). That is on Pete and Bevell.
Russ needs protection to bounce back and achieve his ability. That will never happen under Pete, I am convinced of that. Solari is a help yes, but he still has Ifedi and Pete playing Pete ball asking for time in routes the line cannot provide.
I pretty much agree with most of this ^, one exception though, I think that after seeing Wilson getting his ass sacked at a ridicules rate in the first seven games of 2015, Pete had to let go of the reins to salvage the remaining nine games, and Wilson proved that it was Pete's anal propensity for Ball Control that was holding him back.
Pete will have to once again, learn to let go.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":100kc7nm said:
Seymour":100kc7nm said:
Sgt. Largent":100kc7nm said:
Seymour":100kc7nm said:
Beyond Wilson, I don't believe Pete Carroll can win it all under any circumstances other than with a top 3 defense. Wilson isn't the key for Carroll, in fact he is being wasted and abused under Carroll IMO.

I agree on the first part, but I can't absolve Russell of all the things going wrong with our offense right now, and put it all on Pete.

Of course any good QB needs a line and weapons, but Russell's the one who held onto the ball too long and got stripped sacked on Monday, and Russell's the one who fumbled and spun into a sack in Denver on the last two drives ruining our chances to win.

If he wants Rodgers money, he better play better than he has so far this year.

I can absolve Russell for a couple of reasons. Yes he NOW is part of the problem, but he holds the ball because it's been overly driven into his head to not take chances. He has the ability to put it into tight windows yet rarely does, and his hesitation now is the result of overthinking this. It took our offense 3 years to start throwing Graham open (to only where he could get it). That is on Pete and Bevell.
Russ needs protection to bounce back and achieve his ability. That will never happen under Pete, I am convinced of that. Solari is a help yes, but he still has Ifedi and Pete playing Pete ball asking for time in routes the line cannot provide.

But Russell's always held onto the ball too long and scrambled around to take shots downfield.........and so far other than the one play to Lockett for the TD, he hasn't been good.

Is he injured? Cause he looks slow, and his hesitation and indecisiveness is worse.

It's of course all of the above, none of this is in a vacuum and isolated to one thing.

- Russell
- bad line (again)
- poor playcalling
- Pete
- no Doug

But sorry, I can't absolve Russell. We can split hairs on the percentage of blame, but if you're being honest Seymour, he's in there somewhere.

5 main reasons for that IMO
Miller, Mack, Ifedi, Baldwin, Pete.

Go watch Wilson vs Donald. This is nothing new. Schotty says "stay in the pocket Russ", while Mack, Miller, Donald are shouting "RIP Russ".

Russ survived without missing a game....imagine how that is possible for just a moment!! :idea:

mrt144

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":171j7cwz said:
mrt144":171j7cwz said:
Should we concede more on 3rd and long to avoid big 'uh ohs' from our QB who is trying to hit the sticks in the only way he can?

Well that's the conundrum, you can't remove the part of Russell that makes him great.

Holmgren talked about this on Wednesday. He compared Russell to Favre, he said it's a fine line in telling a QB like Favre or Russell to not hold onto the ball too long and/or scramble because that also results in big plays.

Nor can you coach it out of QB's like Russell, because it's inherently how they play the game.

All you can do is put them in good situations, and THAT'S been our problem. Trying not to put Russell in 2nd and 3rd and longs where the defense pins their ears back and sacks his ass, or worse, turnovers.

I honestly don't know how to fix it, because it used to be just run the damn ball, protect it, and trust your defense. Now we can't do that, cause our defense isn't very good.

If you couldn't tell, I'm a troubleshooter by trade. I eat this stuff up with a spoon but the inability to implement 'solutions' on my end drives me crazy. :lol:

Seahawker

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":1lil73qq said:
so much idiocy in this thread its breathtaking

Looks to be a great year chasing chukar instead of throwing afternoons away with the Hawks.