Wilson is not Elite

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":18i33kk3 said:
4-4 with 8 to play, 4 home games in Dec. But yeah, there's "no chance" at playoffs. Ok.......

Right? God it's fun listening to fans overreact after a loss.

Not.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Seymour":1zimj65x said:
Northwest Seahawk":1zimj65x said:
Seymour":1zimj65x said:
Northwest Seahawk":1zimj65x said:
At some point Wilson he has to play well enough to win against good teams and he hasn't done it this year not once. These next few games are going to tell a lot about Wilson. So we'll see but right now i'm starting to seriously doubt Wilson is the QB that we need to get back to the playoffs . He is not a QB that can carry a team to the playoffs without a ton of help. The only defense for this game today is the Chargers are flat out a better team and will probably play in the AFC Championship.

BS.

Stat line against the Rams. 13/21 198 yards 3TD 132.5 RTG and no picks compared to 2 for Goff.

That is playing well enough to win. The defense gave up 33 points so we lost by 2.

It's one game and it wasn't good enough to win.

You said "Not Once" against a good team didn't you?

Clearly it's good enough. He had 3 TD's and a 132 rating. You expect more for a QB than that then throw more than 21 flippin' attempts!

Wilson is just as often a victim of his offense (Pete Carroll). Many ignore that, and expect late game crank it up heroics. :177692:

I'm not going to argue with you were not making the playoffs for the second consecutive season and Wilson is a large part of the reason.

Seymour

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":20zd1thu said:
Seymour":20zd1thu said:
Northwest Seahawk":20zd1thu said:
Seymour":20zd1thu said:
BS.

Stat line against the Rams. 13/21 198 yards 3TD 132.5 RTG and no picks compared to 2 for Goff.

That is playing well enough to win. The defense gave up 33 points so we lost by 2.

Clearly it's good enough. He had 3 TD's and a 132 rating. You expect more for a QB than that then throw more than 21 flippin' attempts!

Wilson is just as often a victim of his offense (Pete Carroll). Many ignore that, and expect late game crank it up heroics. :177692:

I'm not going to argue with you were not making the playoffs for the second consecutive season and Wilson is a large part of the reason.

Sure he is. And since you're on a one man blame crusade, losing 6 pro bowl players and top picks like Penny and McDowell has nothing to do with it. :roll: :pukeface: :177692:

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Seymour":1sdgg7z8 said:
Northwest Seahawk":1sdgg7z8 said:
Seymour":1sdgg7z8 said:
Northwest Seahawk":1sdgg7z8 said:

Sure he is. And since you're on a one man blame crusade, losing 6 pro bowl players and top picks like Penny and McDowell has nothing to do with it. :roll: :pukeface: :177692:

Maybe the Chargers were just a bad matchup and Wilson will be great the rest of the year I guess we'll find out. I agree the drafting needs to be better in round one, there's know doubt it's caused a lack of talent. Keenan Allen looked like a man among boys out there. Seattle had nothing like that on Offense.

kuyyo_morro

Reaction score
Put Tony Romo on those 2012-2015 Seahawks, he would have won a SB and also a legendary pick at the end.

Seymour

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":3gko0zgp said:
Seymour":3gko0zgp said:
Northwest Seahawk":3gko0zgp said:
Seymour":3gko0zgp said:

Maybe the Chargers were just a bad matchup and Wilson will be great the rest of the year I guess we'll find out.
I agree the drafting needs to be better in round one, there's know doubt it's caused a lack of talent. Keenan Allen looked like a man among boys out there. Seattle had nothing like that on Offense.

I don't have to wait. Wilson WILL have another off day this year just like every other top QB will too. And we'll hear all the same shit we've been hearing for 7 years now. The only difference is some fans will be barking the shit that opposing teams used to.

Wilson no doubt had an off day, but why does losing Carson mean we have to lose hope against good teams? You can see the drop off with Davis, and there is a further drop off to our 1st round RB....WHY?? We cannot draft a GREAT RB without falling into an injury situation with a late round flier like Carson, yet our offense absolutely is reliant on a top 10 RB.
That is the main problem with our Pete ball offense.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
lukerguy":2ocp6be4 said:
Scorpion05":2ocp6be4 said:
LOL. Guy plays with no running game last year, throws 34 TD passes, leads the team in rushing, and suddenly he's a "game manager who can't play without a running game"

He had a bad game. Like virtually every QB has had against great competition. The QB on the other side couldn't sniff the playoffs until the possibility of this year when he has talent loaded all around him. This is a really weak point with the sole intention of creating division on this board

A lot of those yards were garbage yards from playing from behind- Blake Bortles had some pretty incredible statistical seasons due to this same reason.

I honestly believe there is no one better to handle a game at QB when there is a running game present- which means if he is a game manager, he's the best one... but I just tend to see him as a very good QB. I don't see him with Brees, Brady, Rodgers anymore, but I still see him as a top 10 QB, and those players are very tough to find.

Russ had a brutal game, that's for sure, but the team is very close to being an excellent club. My question is, why did the run stop working all of a sudden?

Garbage yards with a 9-7 record that could have easily been 11-5? No running game? Injuries all over the defense?

I understand perception is reality, but everyone is simply ignoring hard facts. Again, Brees was a turnover machine before Ingram and Kamara. He has an elite O-coordinator. The Saints outside of their SB year struggled to make the playoffs

There is no objective measure to suggest he’s a “game manager”. That is simple stubbornness. As Hawks fans we should be able to admit when we’re wrong, and your argument that Wilson is a game manager isn’t a particularly strong one. This team DOES NOT win 99% of the time when Russ has a bad game, irrespective of the run game. We’ve seen him make tight window throws, game winning drives, and throw+rush for ridiculous yards in the past. And to people like you it’s like that doesn’t exist. Would you like to have an objective stat and film comparison since you’re insistent he’s a game manager?? And if he’s not Top 5 who’s categorically better?

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Seymour":2dh2bz4w said:
Northwest Seahawk":2dh2bz4w said:
Seymour":2dh2bz4w said:
Northwest Seahawk":2dh2bz4w said:

Maybe the Chargers were just a bad matchup and Wilson will be great the rest of the year I guess we'll find out.
I agree the drafting needs to be better in round one, there's know doubt it's caused a lack of talent. Keenan Allen looked like a man among boys out there. Seattle had nothing like that on Offense.

I don't have to wait. Wilson WILL have another off day this year just like every other top QB will too. And we'll hear all the same shit we've been hearing for 7 years now. The only difference is some fans will be barking the shit that opposing teams used to.

Wilson no doubt had an off day, but why does losing Carson mean we have to lose hope against good teams? You can see the drop off with Davis, and there is a further drop off to our 1st round RB....WHY?? We cannot draft a GREAT RB without falling into an injury situation with a late round flier like Carson, yet our offense absolutely is reliant on a top 10 RB.

Carson is the catalyst to this offense, like it or not he's the best thing they have and were reliant on great RB because of Wilson's inconsistent play . That's pretty clear if you ask me.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":1eyqob3y said:
That pick six was horrid. The defense shut out the Chargers in the second half and Wilson could not string together any consistent play he looked scared in the pocket he hates it in there. We'll see how he does down the stretch but playoffs not a chance that's gone. I'm really tired of watching Wilson play mediocre football against good teams.

That’s wonderful.

See, people like myself can say Wilson played like shit yesterday. He had a bad game, it happens. Others have said the same thing

But guess what?? If we make the playoffs, if Wilson throws 34 or more TDs again, and if he wills us to victory(again) where will you be? Will you be here to admit you were wrong? Nope, because the few of you Wilson haters have never admitted you’re wrong over the years.

Nope, what you and others on here are going to do is ignore it, overly praise another player or the defense, and only come out of the woodworks when Wilson has a merely good or average game. Wilson has to play perfect to get even a wee bit of credit from some of you, and that’s unfortunate. I look forward to the silence on this board when he start winning again and the fake outrage when we lose

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Scorpion05":ti9ulyon said:
Northwest Seahawk":ti9ulyon said:
That pick six was horrid. The defense shut out the Chargers in the second half and Wilson could not string together any consistent play he looked scared in the pocket he hates it in there. We'll see how he does down the stretch but playoffs not a chance that's gone. I'm really tired of watching Wilson play mediocre football against good teams.

That’s wonderful.

See, people like myself can say Wilson played like shit yesterday. He had a bad game, it happens. Others have said the same thing

But guess what?? If we make the playoffs, if Wilson throws 34 or more TDs again, and if he wills us to victory(again) where will you be? Will you be here to admit you were wrong? Nope, because the few of you Wilson haters have never admitted you’re wrong over the years.

Nope, what you and others on here are going to do is ignore it, overly praise another player or the defense, and only come out of the woodworks when Wilson has a merely good or average game. Wilson has to play perfect to get even a wee bit of credit from some of you, and that’s unfortunate. I look forward to the silence on this board when he start winning again and the fake outrage when we lose

Carson is the catalyst to this offense, like it or not he's the best thing they have and were reliant on great RB because of Wilson's inconsistent play . That's pretty clear if you ask me. Wilson used to create and run and was dynamic that player is gone what the hell happened to that guy I don't know but he's not the same player he was his first 4 years.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":1fjgfjnq said:
Seymour":1fjgfjnq said:
Northwest Seahawk":1fjgfjnq said:
Seymour":1fjgfjnq said:

Carson is the catalyst to this offense, like it or not he's the best thing they have and were reliant on great RB because of Wilson's inconsistent play . That's pretty clear if you ask me.

As stated before, Wilson really-really needs a strong running game to more effectively manage the offense. Without it he has wild swings of productivity vs poor play. He's not Brady or Rodgers and he never will be. He is at his best when there is a legit run threat on almost every play that defenses have to account for. Without that his particular skill set is greatly diminished.

Is he slower? Yes. I stated that fact last season and said it will continue to be an issue for him going forward.

It is.

But when given a strong run game and a better than decent defense, Russel Wilson can manage the offense at a high level of safe and productive consistency. That's his skill set. It always has been with some fun to watch sandlot ball thrown in. He's getting too slow to sandlot so now the need for a run game is even more pressing.

He had a bad game. It happens. We'll all just have to wait and see if it keeps happening or he bounces back.

And the answer to that largely lies with the health of Carson.

Cary Kollins

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":ptrutjq6 said:
doctorsubie":ptrutjq6 said:
I partly agree--Wilson isn't 1st tier, but there are very few who are. Brady, Rodgers, Brees come to mind.

Wilson is probably 2nd tier. I'd put Cam Newton, Patrick Mahomes, Matt Ryan in that category. Could the Hawks be more effective with someone like, Andrew Luck? Perhaps. But we'll never know, it's purely hypothetical.

I'm not ready to throw Wilson out with the bathwater just yet. I also think he's more injured than we know--his runs on his run-pass option looks really slow...

Cam is not the qb russ is. Not % wise nor td to int ratio. He is the better runner is all.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/ ... murphy.gif

TreeRon

Reaction score
semiahmoo":2qod63lx said:
Northwest Seahawk":2qod63lx said:
Seymour":2qod63lx said:
Northwest Seahawk":2qod63lx said:

He's not Brady or Rodgers [/u]and he never will be.quote]

Did you watch the GB v NE game last night. If so, is Rogers a game manager, not elite. Brady's team won but he wasn't all that great either.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
xray":3cdqxnas said:
Elite? Did I miss something? I don't hate Wilson because he plays for the Hawks ; but I also don't hold up his poster with one hand...Wilson is somewhat better than an average QB...but elite?...Nope

By putting him in the average category you are putting him square in the Flacco, Winston, Dalton, Cousins zone. Is that your assessment of Wilson? That he should be ranked with those guys?

I'd say he's a bit higher than average. I agree he's not eilite but he is a franchise QB and works as hard as anyone to get better. He has limitations and I think coaching has been one of the biggest limitations. He thrives despite bad coaching much like Rodgers and Rivers. Whereas Brees, Goff, Mahomes, Brady thrive with great coaching as well.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Even elite Hall of Fame quarterbacks have very bad games. Many of them. That's not an accurate representation of what makes a quarterback elite.

3.gif

kuyyo_morro

Reaction score
Wilson rode the coattails of a HOF defense. Once the defense, got shipped out, he is getting exposed as a bus driver. Put Tony Romo, Alex Smith, Joe Flacco, Andrew Luck on the 2012-2015 Seahawks, they all would have had 1 or more championships.

ducks41468

Reaction score
Here's a new idea: just pin a "Wilson Sucks" thread, on the bottom of page 10 or something, and everything the usual suspects come of the woodwork with their trash posts everytime Wilson throws an incompletion, their posts just get relegated to that thread. We've probably almost reached the point where a machine learning algorithm can do that without mod oversight

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He rode the coattails? Really? You couldn't be more wrong. They don't make EITHER super bowl without Russ AND that D and Running game. ALL those things needed to be on point to make it. But if you think they make the Super Bowl without Russ, you are just another in a line of many clueless Russ bashers.
Because, we never get that here or in Seattle. And Tony Romo? :roll:

Scorpion05

Reaction score
RCATES":32nxmcdj said:
https://mobile.twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree
The Seahawks have lost their last five games dating back to last season when Russell Wilson has thrown 30 or more passes in a game.

Sorry folks this has game manager written all over it. It’s not about being a hater. It’s not about causing drama with other fans. It’s whats staring you right in the face watching the game. It’s even worse Live. Seattle’s 2-5 at Home their last 7. Unheard of a couple years back. No Lynch has exposed Wilson. This wasn’t simply about Guss knowing how to play Wilson. It’s becoming a common trend against good teams. The cats been out of the bag on how to contain Wilson for some time now. Bruce Arians was the master Architect.

Also this is factually disingenuous.

We won the majority of our games with Russ passing a majority of the time last year. 7 of those wins came with Russ passing at least 30 times, and at least 2 losses came with Russ having at least 27 attempts but got Blair Walsh'd.

Regardless of your opinion can we at least agree on fair minded facts. Russ proved last year we could win on his arm. A simple search on NFL game log would have shown you that had you taken the time

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3d3m7olq said:
He rode the coattails? Really? You couldn't be more wrong. They don't make EITHER super bowl without Russ AND that D and Running game. ALL those things needed to be on point to make it. But if you think they make the Super Bowl without Russ, you are just another in a line of many clueless Russ bashers.
Because, we never get that here or in Seattle. And Tony Romo? :roll:

Posts like that are so factual incorrect you start to wonder about the person who posted them.

Look at his stats in the years the Hawks didnt make it to a Super Bowl. That's what the "riding the coattails" people cant fathom... or even how many Super Bowls Rodgers has been to without a running game or defense.

Latest posts