Wilson is ok. Nothing special

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Russ was throwing dimes when given the chance but he didn't get the chance. The Dallas D played great TBH. They controlled the run game and kept everything in front of them. Much like we usually do.

The Cowboys on paper are a better team and they played a good game. We are not quite there talent wise. But I'm hoping we can get a little better next year and push over the top.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Only thing I don’t get is why the sudden drop off against the blitz this season? He’s always been really good against the blitz before.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Hawker8989":uh6rfj5l said:
Wilson wasn't given the chance to ball out tonight. The OC & HC need to be held responsible for this.

Laugh. Out. Loud. You're the one who started a thread about him being outplayed tonight.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
supahawk":37r4bwvb said:
That’s right. He is just ok. He isn’t a powerhouse do it all QB. Ever since his contract the Hawks have been a lesser team. Pete sees him everyday in practice. There is a reason they can’t lean on him. RW is a product of Pete playing softball with him and protecting him. RW is good but not worth sacrificing the pay of other players. But keep putting him on a pedestal and watch early playoff exits each year because he can’t make up for the loss of surrounding talent.

We can't lean on him? He was 95% of our offense last year and we still were one game away from the playoffs.

No one is putting him on a pedestal, people are saying he is far from the reason we lost today.

Smellyman

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":149iyxnq said:
Only thing I don’t get is why the sudden drop off against the blitz this season? He’s always been really good against the blitz before.

during most of the year he was #1 qb against the blitz. did that change?

OP
OP
K

King Dog

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":18l7hy7k said:
King Dog":18l7hy7k said:
Otherwise he would have led us past the Cowboys who are completely average. Be upset at this post, but hey, that's just the way it is.

Dont you love when these over emotional types stop thinking with their head when we lose.

Ban yourself buddy
Wow! Sounds like you are emotional. Tell me how I'm wrong. Cowgirls are great?. Lol

hawkfannj

Reaction score
I’ve always been very critical of Russell Wilson May be overly critical at times .when we let him just go we freaking score it’s really a simple as that you got a let the chain off this guy . I’m not beating up RW anymore he is not the problem

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
semiahmoo":2j7kwv5v said:
supahawk":2j7kwv5v said:
Russ needs a powerful run game to win. Period. .

No, we were 25th in the NFL in rushing and went 10-5-1 and won a playoff game in 2016.

Russ needed the ball more, Dallas was playing ball control with us and we decided to kick it back to them going run, run, pass

Smellyman

Reaction score
Wilson is a generational player being treated like Mark Sanchez. If this is the way forward Brett Hundley can hand the ball off too.

tersal

Reaction score
supahawk":1y95wilg said:
That’s right. He is just ok. He isn’t a powerhouse do it all QB. Ever since his contract the Hawks have been a lesser team. Pete sees him everyday in practice. There is a reason they can’t lean on him. RW is a product of Pete playing softball with him and protecting him. RW is good but not worth sacrificing the pay of other players. But keep putting him on a pedestal and watch early playoff exits each year because he can’t make up for the loss of surrounding talent.

Russ played well the the loss was due to the Dallas defense being better than the Hawks defense. Also third and 14 and Dak runs for 16 hurt.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":2tm8bwn2 said:
Russ didn’t seem to have the same level of agility and speed this season. Teams were also trapping him in the pocket. Russ has never been a QB that beat the blitz with amazing reads on a consistent basis. It is also worth noting that our offense often times has little in the way of checkdowns.

Our offensive system is broken and has been broken ever since Carroll rolled into town.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Ever since carroll rolled into town?

Rough night out here

Hawker8989

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2ucblgic said:
Hawker8989":2ucblgic said:
Wilson wasn't given the chance to ball out tonight. The OC & HC need to be held responsible for this.

Laugh. Out. Loud. You're the one who started a thread about him being outplayed tonight.

Technically he was "outplayed" in the sense that Prescott made more impact plays than Russ. But Russ wasn't given the chance to outplay Dak. It's just a technicality.

John63

Reaction score
King Dog":2dctkkmu said:
Otherwise he would have led us past the Cowboys who are completely average. Be upset at this post, but hey, that's just the way it is.

Good bye

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
King Dog":2sb94ejz said:
WestcoastSteve":2sb94ejz said:
King Dog":2sb94ejz said:

Dont you love when these over emotional types stop thinking with their head when we lose.

Ban yourself buddy
Wow! Sounds like you are emotional. Tell me how I'm wrong. Cowgirls are great?. Lol

Dallas is one of two teams to beat the Saints when they were weren't resting their starters.

Their defense held Drew Brees to 10 points.

The Cowboys are a good team.

They run the ball and stop the run -- they are what we used to be.

They aren't average because you want to throw a tantrum about a loss.

OP
OP
K

King Dog

Reaction score
John63":1l4a1og4 said:
King Dog":1l4a1og4 said:

Good bye
Come back! Please don't leave.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
I’m actually not mad at this post, because it has zero roots in reality