OP
K

King Dog

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":3c2nwigs said:
King Dog":3c2nwigs said:
WestcoastSteve":3c2nwigs said:
King Dog":3c2nwigs said:
Otherwise he would have led us past the Cowboys who are completely average. Be upset at this post, but hey, that's just the way it is.

Dont you love when these over emotional types stop thinking with their head when we lose.

Ban yourself buddy
Wow! Sounds like you are emotional. Tell me how I'm wrong. Cowgirls are great?. Lol

Dallas is one of two teams to beat the Saints when they were weren't resting their starters.

Their defense held Drew Brees to 10 points.

The Cowboys are a good team.

They run the ball and stop the run -- they are what we used to be.

They aren't average because you want to throw a tantrum about a loss.

Tantrum? Lol

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":13b4lyz6 said:
5_Golden_Rings":13b4lyz6 said:
Our offensive system is broken and has been broken ever since Carroll rolled into town.

I agree our only positive play against the blitz is the deep pass to Moore, Lockett or Baldwin. Little in the way of screens or quick hitters.

That said - I believe 4 of our best 5 offenses ever have come under Carroll.

This is better than Holmgren ball

Smellyman

Reaction score
John63":2t5rxxeb said:
5_Golden_Rings":2t5rxxeb said:
Only thing I don’t get is why the sudden drop off against the blitz this season? He’s always been really good against the blitz before.

Ahh not sure where you are getting that form he has the best passer rating agast the blitz in the NFL at 123.8

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000001004652/mind-boggling-stats-for-2018-week-17

Awesome.

Russellin some feathers

Russell Wilson has the highest passer rating in the NFL when blitzed at 123.8, throwing 13 touchdowns with just 1 interception when blitzed this season.

John63

Reaction score
okay lets look at the facts

Wilson
18/27 67% complt, 233 yareds, 8.6 ypa, 1 td, 106 qb rating, 14 yards rushing on 3 att, 4.7 ypa and a TD. OUr RUN game avg 3 ypc

Just to compare Dak
22/33 67% complt, 226 yards, 6.8 avg, 1 td, 1 int, 84 QB rating, 29 yard rushing on 6 carries, 4.8 ypa and 1 td

So sorry to say Wilson outplayed Dak and with fewer opportunities.

Wilson was not our problem tonight the game plan and lack of adjustments was

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Hawker8989":25u6bunz said:
Seanhawk":25u6bunz said:
Hawker8989":25u6bunz said:
Wilson wasn't given the chance to ball out tonight. The OC & HC need to be held responsible for this.

Laugh. Out. Loud. You're the one who started a thread about him being outplayed tonight.

Technically he was "outplayed" in the sense that Prescott made more impact plays than Russ. But Russ wasn't given the chance to outplay Dak. It's just a technicality.

Now you're backtracking.

You start off by saying he is just OK (AS IN PRESCOTT IS A BETTER QB) and now you admit he was handcuffed.

Maybe you should just admit your first post was over emotional and started a big long thread over nothing.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
King Dog":2wy3irdc said:
WestcoastSteve":2wy3irdc said:
King Dog":2wy3irdc said:
WestcoastSteve":2wy3irdc said:
Dont you love when these over emotional types stop thinking with their head when we lose.

Ban yourself buddy
Wow! Sounds like you are emotional. Tell me how I'm wrong. Cowgirls are great?. Lol

Dallas is one of two teams to beat the Saints when they were weren't resting their starters.

Tantrum? Lol

Still waiting for your response on how the Cowboys are not a good team, I'll wait.

Giphy

OP
OP
K

King Dog

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":27dcgc2q said:
King Dog":27dcgc2q said:
WestcoastSteve":27dcgc2q said:
King Dog":27dcgc2q said:

Tantrum? Lol

Still waiting for your response on how the Cowboys are not a good team, I'll wait.

Giphy

They're average. I already stated that.

5 yards in the first one and a half quarters. Lol

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
King Dog":15kfcmyk said:
WestcoastSteve":15kfcmyk said:
King Dog":15kfcmyk said:
WestcoastSteve":15kfcmyk said:

Tantrum? Lol

Giphy

10-6 record, now have won 8 of 9 including a win over the #1 seed, #5 seed and #6 seed in the NFC playoffs.

The Cowboys have already beat the Saints if they get them again, it might be an upset.

The Cowboys are a good team, the Eagles or Vikings are an average team.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
King Dog":1rqqra5n said:
WestcoastSteve":1rqqra5n said:
King Dog":1rqqra5n said:
WestcoastSteve":1rqqra5n said:

Tantrum? Lol

Giphy

That’s on the coaching staff trying to force something that clearly wasnt working.
If Seattle came out of the gate and started the game like did what they did in the 4th quarter offensively, they win by 10.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The OP is not a good judge of QB talent. Go to the college football threads and sees who he puts on a pedestal over there.
It’s hilarious.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Wilson doesn't have that great of a record in the playoffs since Lynch left.

He can win against overmatched wildcard teams, but for the most part that is it.

Without his all everything defense, he is a glorified wildcard QB. Essentially he is James Harden of the NFL. Lighting things up in the regular season, doing all these amazing things and making highlights regularly. But when the playoffs start, he cannot do what other elite players do - take over games and beat better teams. Or even rise his play level to another level.

If anything, the results dip.

Though this time was not really his fault. His OC insisted on not even trying to push the ball with Wilson until late 3rd quarter. And we were still trying to run the ball in a grind you down game in the 4th. With our defense.....

Wilson is a tremendous regular season QB, but the only time he has accomplished anything in the postseason is when he had a defense full of HOF players and a borderline HOF RB. Ever since they left, he has done nothing but stumble in the playoff games against playoff caliber teams.

He is special though. In the regular season, he is amazing. Just not in the postseason.

OP
OP
K

King Dog

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3szhr4xa said:
The OP is not a good judge of QB talent. Go to the college football threads and sees who he puts on a pedestal over there.
It’s hilarious.

WUT?

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":278pdhuj said:

He can win against overmatched wildcard teams, but for the most part that is it.

Without his all everything defense, he is a glorified wildcard QB. Essentially he is James Harden of the NFL. Lighting things up in the regular season, doing all these amazing things and making highlights regularly. But when the playoffs start, he cannot do what other elite players do - take over games and beat better teams. Or even rise his play level to another level.

Though this time was not really his fault. His OC insisted on not even trying to push the ball with Wilson until late 3rd quarter. And we were still trying to run the ball in a grind you down game in the 4th. With our defense.....

Wilson is a tremendous regular season QB, but the only time he has accomplished anything in the postseason is when he had a defense full of HOF players and a borderline HOF RB. Ever since they left, he has done nothing but stumble in the playoff games against playoff caliber teams.

He is special though. In the regular season, he is amazing. Just not in the postseason.

You said it best yourself he didn't have a chance to win today. He made the throws when he had his number called.

Russell is 2-2 in the playoffs without Lynch.

- Beat Minnesota (2015)
- Beat Detroit (2016), Lost to Atlanta
- Lost to Dallas

Aaron Rodgers had a 15-1 season and lost to the Giants in the Divisional Round,

The only QB who has consistently played great in the playoffs is Brady --

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
semiahmoo":2rhp5lgw said:
supahawk":2rhp5lgw said:
That’s right. He is just ok. He isn’t a powerhouse do it all QB. Ever since his contract the Hawks have been a lesser team. Pete sees him everyday in practice. There is a reason they can’t lean on him. RW is a product of Pete playing softball with him and protecting him. RW is good but not worth sacrificing the pay of other players. But keep putting him on a pedestal and watch early playoff exits each year because he can’t make up for the loss of surrounding talent.

Not as hard on Russ as you are but the "loss of surrounding talent" line is legit.

I've made that same argument myself.

Russ needs a powerful run game to win. Period.

Tough to do when he's likely to get even more $$$ that makes that kind of needed run game difficult to attain.

Tough spot for the organization to be in.

Then there is the Pete factor which is also a legit concern.

Decisions...decisions...
Wrong. Pete’s system need a power run game that works to win. This is the system that Wilson is in. If it doesn’t work, he doesn’t win. It’s the same as the West Coast Offense. If the timing is off it doesn’t work. That doesn’t mean the QB sucks. Sometimes a team gets beat because the other team was simply better at shutting down what works for them to win.

Jase

Reaction score
They beat us at our own game. Get it.

BubbaGump

Reaction score
You are right King. We need to get rid of him and get a new QB. Ryan Tannenhill or Kurt Cousins would put us over the Top! Sarcasm off

John63

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1i85isib said:

By your definition, every sucks in the playoffs not named Brady, So if I understand you unless he can win more than 1 game with a mediocre defense, and mediocre run game, mediocre or bad oline, he sucks in the playoffs. HMM seems everyone must suck because no QB has done well in the playoffs with mediocre to bad oline, run game, and defense. Hm let me check last year. So NE, Buff, Pit, Jack Tenn, KC, Philly, MInny, NO, Car, Fal, Rams all made it. Nope, everyone had at least a top 10 defense or run game or oline. So well you wrong, Goodby

John63

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":uvdxequ9 said:
semiahmoo":uvdxequ9 said:
supahawk":uvdxequ9 said:
That’s right. He is just ok. He isn’t a powerhouse do it all QB. Ever since his contract the Hawks have been a lesser team. Pete sees him everyday in practice. There is a reason they can’t lean on him. RW is a product of Pete playing softball with him and protecting him. RW is good but not worth sacrificing the pay of other players. But keep putting him on a pedestal and watch early playoff exits each year because he can’t make up for the loss of surrounding talent.

Not as hard on Russ as you are but the "loss of surrounding talent" line is legit.

I've made that same argument myself.

Russ needs a powerful run game to win. Period.

Tough to do when he's likely to get even more $$$ that makes that kind of needed run game difficult to attain.

Tough spot for the organization to be in.

Then there is the Pete factor which is also a legit concern.

Decisions...decisions...
Wrong. Pete’s system need a power run game that works to win. This is the system that Wilson is in. If it doesn’t work, he doesn’t win. It’s the same as the West Coast Offense. If the timing is off it doesn’t work. That doesn’t mean the QB sucks. Sometimes a team gets beat because the other team was simply better at shutting down what works for them to win.

So if he needs a POWERFUL run game to win how did we beat Oakland, Carolina, GB this year all under 100 rushing yards, Or for that matter how did we win any games last year when our top rusher was the QB? OR the year before when we only had 100 yard rusher in 2 games, how did we win the Sb we had no one go for 100 yards. The reality is we have won a lot of games without a great running game, so that whole statement is just plain false.