Wilson raves about offensive line "I had all day''

Ozzy

Reaction score
The people who were clamoring for Bevell/Cable to be fired years ago are going to feel pretty good this year. I still think the line is a couple of players away from being good but they will be much more consistent this year and the coaching change will be obvious. I wasn't a huge fan of Schott when we hired him but I think the offense will be more consistent overall this year. I'm excited for the offense for the first time in a while.

Anajimmc

Reaction score
I don't care about anything but the eye test, and the O line looked night & day better against Minnie than they did against SD. We scored a freaking running touchdown, if that starts happening with regularity, the skies the limit.

Jville

Reaction score
Mike Solari continues the practice of testing lineman versatility ...... especially with new additions and potential backups. Most recent examples include flipping (left/right) sides for George Fant and Isaiah Battle. Then there was also the look at tackle Willie Beavers on the inside at guard.

Solari continues to look at different combinations and gather the information for informed personnel decisions. There is a lot to like in this process.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Jville":1pet5txm said:
Mike Solari continues the practice of testing lineman versatility ...... especially with new additions and potential backups. Most recent examples include flipping (left/right) sides for George Fant and Isaiah Battle. Then there was also the look at tackle Willie Beavers on the inside at guard.

Solari continues to look at different combinations and gather the information for informed personnel decisions. There is a lot to like in this process.

The improvement is phenomenal, but not surprising. We all knew how badly Cable was doing constantly swapping players sides and positions throughout the preseason and regular season.

Solari does what is necessary, and keeps the main guys together. So encouraging! But it took too long!

Thank God the nightmare is over.

I Love You Solari! :179417:

Seafan

Reaction score
rossob":2exi7ikc said:
Why do you think Wilson was 11/21 while the line was great?

(Not trying to be a negative nancy, just genuinely curious)

The Minnesota defense is the best short answer.

When Baldwin returns RW will have his outlet back. Doug always seems to be open and knows RW's escape routine better than anyone else on the roster. Don't forget that RWs top 4 receivers weren't there. He's got new receivers but when Lockett and Baldwin are on the field he'll be completing more passes. If this group stays healthy it can be the best corp of receivers he has ever had and by the end of the year the passing game should be solid.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
hawknation2018":20y4gkx7 said:
Jville":20y4gkx7 said:
Pete Carroll was true to his word.

George Fant led all offensive players in the number of snaps he played on friday night with 43 offensive snaps. This conversion project is clearly making a come back from a serious injury while proving all of his doubters and critics wrong.

George Fant is writing the kind of story that inspires the rest of us.

Fant looked very natural at RT. While he still has work to do on his run blocking and clearly is not as physical or explosive as he was pre-injury, his pass protection looked solid on the right side.

Ifedi played maybe his best game. He was battling in pass pro, and while it wasn’t always pretty, he got it done.

Fluker was a little sloppy and allowed some pressures, including an ugly one that could have been called a hold and resulted in a rushed throw and incompletion by Wilson on 3rd down.

If Ifedi can stop the false starts I think he's going to be fine. Not great but good enough .

Scorpion05

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3cqjcl0f said:
Might have something to do with this:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/SeahawksMachine/status/1033458708272041984[/tweet]

Seems to imply that he's getting rid of the ball quicker. Matches what I've seen with my eyes. He uses checkdowns now. Schotty is breaking him of some bad habits.

Or it’s a Domino effect. An offense that utilizes running backs more in the passing game. Plus, a Quarterback who isn’t being pressured under 2 seconds, and can make quick reads without being worried he’ll be knocked shitless 0.5 seconds later.

In summary, Bevell/Cable sucked. Their absence is giving Russell a new opportunity

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Were it not for the Refs deciding they wanted the Vikes to win, they walk away with a victory. Shoot, the Hawks looked pretty damn solid against the 1's of a very good team, in their house.

chris98251

Reaction score
ivotuk":2fsoijm1 said:
Jville":2fsoijm1 said:

The improvement is phenomenal, but not surprising. We all knew how badly Cable was doing constantly swapping players sides and positions throughout the preseason and regular season.

Solari does what is necessary, and keeps the main guys together. So encouraging! But it took too long!

Thank God the nightmare is over.

I Love You Solari! :179417:

Not all of us there was those................ well guess it's time to look forward, Solari is doing a bang up job thus far polishing what was a turd. We will see how this transitions and probably take a half step back again come regular season but they have shown the ability to get better quickly and adjust, no reason to think that can't continue.

Mediots also noticed the Vikings game and are already starting the backpedal if you just read PFT a bit, there are a couple new pieces about us there saying maybe we should pay attention to the Seahawks.