Womens World Cup

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Yeah... and I in no way believe the Women's world cup had more viewers than last year's Men world cup final.

Not denigrating the Women's game in saying that

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3jh4obay said:
Uncle Si":3jh4obay said:
Yeah... and I in no way believe the Women's world cup had more viewers than last year's Men world cup final.

I could buy that the women's final had more US viewers than the Men's final - maybe. But that would be because of the reason I explained there, most of the US had no interest in the men's World Cup last time round because the USMNT couldn't even make it through the obviously rigged (in their favor) CONCACAF qualifiers.

I still those numbers are marketing...

I like the Women's game. Very happy with the direction it's going globally and was enthralled by every US match after the group stages.

It still doesn't have the same entertainment value to me as the men's game, and I don't think I'm alone.

Not that it's worse, just not as entertaining. Neither is the MLS to me. I still watch it and attend matches, but Allianz in St. Paul isn't Anfield in Liverpool.

People confuse that with elitism

Boycie

Reaction score
Tical21":a8ht0boj said:
Si, you’re gonna have to show us something on this. The women’s final got much higher tv ratings in the US than the men’s final did, and the listed tv ratings for epl are minuscule. I don’t believe any epl game has achieved 2 million viewers.

Not anymore now that the camera toting "hard core" Man U fans have nothing to be smug about.

Latest posts