WR Phillip Dorsett joins Seahawks - 1 year deal

Hawkfiend

Reaction score
How about we let free agency play out before complaining? If you think Pete and John aren't going to address the DL you're crazy.

OP
OP
Gio

Gio

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":5mpvwg74 said:
My favorite stat on him: 0 drops on 30 catchable targets in 2019

That's impressive. :irishdrinkers:

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":31z48dac said:
I mean. What do you people think conversations in the front office go like?

"Hey, this 4.33 speed wide receiver hit the open market for a cheap price. You have decent cap flexibility. Want to take a shot at him?"

"No thanks, as general manager I am physically incapable of thinking about more than one position at a time and am focused on defensive end and nothing else right now"

:ditto: Spot on.

Seems like a good signing. Hes got good speed and hands.

cheese22

Reaction score
Does this mean if they are gonna draft a WR that they will be a bigger, possession type? Might narrow the field for draft prospects. Love to see Gandy-Golden, Edwards from South Carolina, Davis from UCF, Victor from OSU.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2kig84c9 said:
Well...……..that didn't take long.
God forbid we go 3 minutes to like a signing of a player before someone busts out the negative take......sigh.
They signed a solid vet WR, oh the horror.

It never ceases to amaze me the number of posters that bitch about other posters. Too bad we can’t just discuss the team even if we have different opinions.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/1242536536333324288[/tweet]

getnasty

Reaction score
Hopefully WR is still high on the list of postions we draft. I like that we are setting are selves up to take best player available with these signings. Also worries me that they might not be super high on Ursua with the resigning of a few WR and now Dorsett.

sutz

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3tfefbcp said:
KitsapGuy":3tfefbcp said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/jtheaps9/status/1242549133363179520[/tweet]
Heaps' point about a truncated offseason and rook WRs is a good one. Hadn't thought of that.
Indeed, that is something to think about, and be glad the FO is thinking about.

Also, with travel restricted as it is, Russ may not be able to do his annual passing camp like he usually does. I think that helps a lot, especially for the new guys. IAE, it's likely delayed.

Seafan

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":ahmn25cp said:
Could he bump Brown off the team?

Brown is a free agent. Doubt he signs.

The question is whether the team has given up on Moore. Hope so.

sutz

Reaction score
Seafan":3833pw9t said:
hawksfansinceday1":3833pw9t said:
Could he bump Brown off the team?

Brown is a free agent. Doubt he signs.

The question is whether the team has given up on Moore. Hope so.
They tendered Moore, but at the lowest level, so he's no lock. As of now, it looks like he'll get a shot at camp.

https://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/2020/ ... nd-tender/

The Seattle Seahawks have offered wide receiver David Moore an original seventh round tender, according to a tweet by The Athletic’s Michael-Shawn Dugar and later confirmed by Brady Henderson of ESPN.

The tender will pay Moore $2.13 million dollars in 2020. However, with an original round tender, other teams can sign the 2017 seventh round pick to an offer sheet. If the Seahawks decline to match the offer, they would receive a seventh round pick from that team in return.

Rat

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":1gdagsqd said:
SoulfishHawk":1gdagsqd said:
Well...……..that didn't take long.
God forbid we go 3 minutes to like a signing of a player before someone busts out the negative take......sigh.
They signed a solid vet WR, oh the horror.

It never ceases to amaze me the number of posters that b!@ch about other posters. Too bad we can’t just discuss the team even if we have different opinions.
Seriously, it’s Every. Damn. Thread with him. And if there aren’t any negative posts for him to whine about yet, he baits them with comments like “I can’t WAIT to see what all the Debbie Downers have to say about THIS /rolleyes”. It happens with such nauseating frequency that I don’t get how it’s not considered trolling at this point.

As for the signing: excellent move on a short deal. He won’t challenge for an All-Pro position, but he is a fantastic fit with our other wideouts. I’ll bet this gets looked at as a very underrated signing at the end of the season. Assuming a season happens.

Latest posts