You Predict: Russell

What will be the most likely outcome for Russell Wilson in 2019?

• He will be signed to a multi-year contract making him the highest paid player in the NFL.

Votes: 53 46.5%
  • He will be signed to the franchise tag.

Votes: 32 28.1%
  • He will be traded.

Votes: 29 25.4%

• Total voters

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
I didnt think russ would hold out and ask for the biggest check ever tied to salary cap. I thought it was about winning to him?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":3jdwvpyh said:
I didnt think russ would hold out and ask for the biggest check ever tied to salary cap. I thought it was about winning to him?

I think first and foremost Russell has tremendous self confidence, and secondly (or maybe firstly) he thinks of himself as a mold breaker.

Thus hiring a baseball agent. Thus saying things like he wants to be the greatest QB in NFL history, thus saying he wants to own a sports franchise, thus all the other things he says on social media about his new ventures, workout regimens, treatments, etc.

So if you're the kind of person like this, you don't see the forest through the trees with making 37-40M as a detriment to your team's ability to compete. You see it as breaking the mold, you see it as wanting that pressure to win with being paid 20% of your team's cap.

IMO that's Russell's mindset. He thinks he's great enough to be paid AND win SB's, and accomplish all his other life goals along the way (and after his career is over).

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Based on the moves the office has made in the past they will franchise him and then allow him to walk eventually. He will go some where else but never play up to his past level. When he becomes a free agent again our office with throw all the money he asked for the first time at him to being him back. He comes back but is injured.
That's pretty much how these things tend to work around here.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2368u5kz said:
Shanegotyou11":2368u5kz said:

I think first and foremost Russell has tremendous self confidence, and secondly (or maybe firstly) he thinks of himself as a mold breaker.

Thus hiring a baseball agent. Thus saying things like he wants to be the greatest QB in NFL history, thus saying he wants to own a sports franchise, thus all the other things he says on social media about his new ventures, workout regimens, treatments, etc.

So if you're the kind of person like this, you don't see the forest through the trees with making 37-40M as a detriment to your team's ability to compete. You see it as breaking the mold, you see it as wanting that pressure to win with being paid 20% of your team's cap.

IMO that's Russell's mindset. He thinks he's great enough to be paid AND win SB's, and accomplish all his other life goals along the way (and after his career is over).

I personally think russ wants out now. I ignore hearing things unless their is a lot of smoke. I think Russ wants NY to shine and to be everywhere. This could break Seattle's heart.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Wanting a big check, like all the other QB's want when it's their turn means he doesn't want to win?? In what world has Russ been anything but a guy who is obsessed with winning???? I guess Aaron Donald doesn't care about winning either, I mean he signed a massive deal. When Rodgers signed his deal, where were the people saying he doesn't want to win? Or any other player who gets a deal that makes him the highest paid at his position??

Largent80

Reaction score
I didn't vote because I didn't have an option for my thoughts which are: the Seahawks don't have to do, nor should they do a deal right now.

They will have over 90 mill in cap next year PLUS at least 11 draft picks. RW is under contract this year. There is simply zero reasons to bow to RW and his money grubbing agent right now. Let them stew on it.

Draft a QB in 2020 (a better QB class than this years sparse one) then franchise RW. Let him play a year under that while drafted QB develops. Then there is ample money to extend BW, J.Reed and even Clark. If at the end of 2020 the Hawks feel drafted QB is ready or not will be the determining factor of a 3rd contract for Wilson.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1il5yztu said:
Wanting a big check, like all the other QB's want when it's their turn means he doesn't want to win?? In what world has Russ been anything but a guy who is obsessed with winning???? I guess Aaron Donald doesn't care about winning either, I mean he signed a massive deal. When Rodgers signed his deal, where were the people saying he doesn't want to win? Or any other player who gets a deal that makes him the highest paid at his position??

I don't have a problem with any player wanting to get paid.

But if the reports the last couple of days are true that Rodgers and Wilson want Russell's contract tied into the salary cap increases each year, AND be fully guaranteed?................AND want it all done by their self imposed 4/15 deadline today?

I have a big problem with it. It tells me they're more interested in taking on the NFL and how salaries are negotiated, far more than negotiating in good faith with the Hawks.

Largent80

Reaction score
Remember, a NEW CBA is coming and that is the main reason he wants guaranteed money. Even though between him and his wife they have more than this whole board combined in a lifetime could ever make.

Seymour

Reaction score
Largent80":37lrbvu5 said:
Who cares about all of this?

It's a friggin business. Just sit back and let it play out rather than busting blood vessels.

Either way, we're fans and have zero say/control, so take a back seat and chill..

The market is SET. If you are lucky enough to get a franchise you KEEP him no matter what.

We have that guy, were lucky to have him.

It can't be more simple, KEEP RUSSELL WILSON. Pay HIM.

Case CLOSED

I didn't vote because I didn't have an option for my thoughts which are: the Seahawks don't have to do, nor should they do a deal right now.

They will have over 90 mill in cap next year PLUS at least 11 draft picks. RW is under contract this year. There is simply zero reasons to bow to RW and his money grubbing agent right now. Let them stew on it.

Draft a QB in 2020 (a better QB class than this years sparse one) then franchise RW. Let him play a year under that while drafted QB develops. Then there is ample money to extend BW, J.Reed and even Clark. If at the end of 2020 the Hawks feel drafted QB is ready or not will be the determining factor of a 3rd contract for Wilson.

two-faced.jpg

Largent80

Reaction score
Hey, you get it, in spite of your vision.

Glad I could be a part of your life with my posts. Congrats.

Largent80

Reaction score
Unsadly, I don't care. People can change their minds. I'm no different.

But I guess you are right? I guess your point was?

Largent80

Reaction score
I predict.....Regardless of what the quarterback does, the Seattle Seahawks will still be a team, and will go on just like always.

Unfortunately, the players don't have loyalty that fans do so a bunch of fans sniping back and forth about players that have no loyalty is childish and foolish.

Just either choose to watch it, comment about it or whatever, but sniping back and forth is what school kids do.

Seymour

Reaction score
Largent80":6m27tz29 said:

Because you did not "just change your mind". :roll:

You went from the extreme stance of questioning why people were even discussing it because "it was so damn obvious what to do"....to now a complete 180....draft another QB.

Judge not lest thee be judged......

Largent80

Reaction score
Seymour":35rdcymz said:
Largent80":35rdcymz said:

Because you did not "just change your mind". :roll:

You went from the extreme stance of questioning why people were even discussing it because "it was so damn obvious what to do"....to now a complete 180....draft another QB.

Judge not lest thee be judged......

So?...You have an agenda?...I'm entitled to my views, even if they change. I'm NO different from anyone, except maybe you your EXCELLENCE.

RCATES

Reaction score
News coming in today is that Wilson has told the team if a long term contract isn't done today then a long term contract is off the table for good even after the season. Basically he's saying pay me long term now before the rest of the league realizes Wilson's just a glorified game manager. Trade him now............He's no longer about the team at this point.